View Single Post
Old 06-10-18, 02:11 PM
All Region

Old Wildcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
It's frustrating sometimes, sure, but they are trying. I've overreached a few times myself, but more often with women......gotta try. When you have these opponents that are out of their depth, you just have to make the best of it.

Sometimes a lot of the blame falls on the tournament director for not warning the weak teams. If the guy expanded his brackets because he "wanted to include everyone", maybe he needs to talk a bit more when the unknowns sign up. Maybe 32 would have been a much better number than 36, but the guy didn't want to leave 4 entry fees on the table. If everybody stinks, it's on you. Play your team an age or two up if you want to stay in town that weekend.

I just don't like to see someone looking down their nose at kids just trying to have fun. Maybe I read you wrong. If so, I apologize.
No problem, no apology needed, this summer is my 45th. Year of coaching baseball. From 8u to summer college teams. I've seen a lot, some good some bad, but every year I seem to see something I've never seen before that's baseball. Last year at the national championship at Vanderbilt were playing in the semi's against s great team with an outstanding pitcher. Now I consider this elite travel baseball for a while. We're loosing I believe 3 or 4 to 0 and can't get that big hit when needed. 5 innings there pitcher is at 85 pitches, starts to rain with lighting and there's a 2 1/2 hour delay, when we resume they stroll the same pitcher back out. I was shocked. 85 pitch count and idle 2 1/2 hours. If that was my son or grandson I would of said no no. So even at the elite level there's a few idiots making decisions. Well at least that's my opinion. We heard after the game that young man had committed to Louisville, I would thing Louisville staff would of been a little irritated.