View Single Post
Old 12-12-17, 09:25 AM
All District

MooseJaw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93 red ls View Post
Everyone realizes that at one point with in the past few years DP was decent at BBALL....

in 08 finished 2nd in the league , 09 won the CHL...Harrison was one of the best players in the city that year

Then they went on a BAD stretch since then.

I'm a CHL guy and LOVE seeing a different team have a shot at different sports not always Wyoming and IH battling it out for darn near every sport
Red - Yes, it is upsetting to many people to see this and you are the main one that seems to be bragging about it, assumed that you were a DP guy.

I have no problem with new teams challenging the CHL elite. Wyoming and IH have dominated the last few years and Madeira dominated before that. I would love to see Deer Park make a LEGITIMATE run in the CHL but in my opinion, what they are doing is wrong and against what the CHL stands for. The CHL is pretty much a small school, home grown type of league. Yes, there are occasional transfers into the districts and that's fine, but this is way beyond that. For the sake of argument, let's just say that all these kids are legitimately living in the district now with their legal guardians. Even if that is the case, there is no denying the fact that they all moved there strictly with the intent to play basketball for coach gentry and build a super team. You may disagree with me, but I just think that's wrong. If you're going to do that at least have the balls to go up to D1 or D2 and give it a shot, not vs a bunch of small communities with kids that have all been playing together since 3rd grade.

Legit question for everybody: By most accounts DP Elite AAU has somewhere between 8-11 new kids on their roster in the last two years. Curious to know what schools they transferred from. The only three that I know of are Gentry from Purcell, Wise from Aiken, and Mcentire from Oak Hill Academy Virginia. Anyone know where all the others have transferred from?