View Single Post
Old 08-13-17, 10:41 PM
All American

CoventryTrackXCguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_dad View Post
I'm not a fan of having schools choose where they go. I think of what I would do. If I were choosing and I was one of the top teams, I would chose to go against tougher teams and thus stacking a District and eliminating a top team if I could. I know that's a complete contradiction of what I am proposing, but what I think is fair for the majority is not necessarily what I would do as a competitor given a choice. If I was choosing, there would probably be a District just like LCCC for D2.

Say Bay was Ranked #1 and chose LCCC. Woodridge at #2 chooses LCCC to show Bay they aren't afraid of them and to get a better feel for what to expect and need to do at the District and State. Then Rocky River at 3 decides to go to LCCC for the same reasons Woodridge chose LCCC and because they think, how many other teams are going to have the nerve to put themselves in a District that already has 3 slots pretty much assured?

I'm pretty sure that the seeded Districts allow the higher ranked teams to choose last. So then, it might be the same where if I were #1, I'd choose to go against #2. There would be things like injury and stuff to look at, but I'm not a fan of having coaches choose.
In your scenario then, after the top 4ish put themselves at 1 loaded district, the rest of the teams are just gonna load up the other districts, until they run out of space. In that case, the remaining bottom tier teams in the entire region would just be stuck at the loaded district...But then again, they wouldn't have a realistic chance of qualifying no matter where they are situated. It would be similar to what happens in basketball, SVSM will pick a spot one side of the bracket, then 2,3,4,5,6, etc, will load up the other side, to avoid SVSM till the district finals, then the bottom seeds will get what's left.

One issue with that though is as you said, would require ranking 60 teams.

Another issue is the plight of the single good individuals on the bad teams looking to qualify as an individual. In which case, make it top n not on a qualifying team, problem solved.