View Single Post
Old 10-11-17, 10:30 AM
All World

14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiandad View Post
Let's hear your thoughts on how to improve the rotation in the offseason.
Improve the rotation??? I think plain old good health is the biggest remedy.

Yes, the Reds will look for a veteran to eat up some innings, but not a stud. We're not about to spend money foolishly that way.

The rotation as I see it today...
Homer Bailey - Homer won't be our #1, those days are gone. But coming off this season - he's been out for 2 years, to get 18 starts in with no setbacks physically - I really don't care about the stats, he had a couple of horrendous starts early that drastically changed his total ERA. He had glimpses of the old Homer.

Anthony DeSclafani - put a big question mark next to Disco. Spring will be big for him. He needs to be fully healed, and be able to take the ball multiple starts and hopefully with the same stuff as before. If that happens, he may be the veteran free agent that you won't need to sign.

Luis Castillo - Sal Romano - Robert Stephenson. These 3 have the inside track IMO for the other 3 spots. Next in line for me would be Tyler Mahle. More than likely all won't pan out. And it's nice to have Cody Reed, Rookie Davis, and there has even been talk of Michael Lorenzen making a run at being a starter again.

Any of those listed above who doesn't start moves into the bullpen.