View Single Post
Old 03-18-15, 12:35 AM
All World

Sykotyk will become famous soon enough
Well, it took a few months, but I finally got the rest of my photos up for the 2014 high school football season. Each week is divided into its own album.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sykotyk/sets/

You can find previous years' photos as well.

Below are some of my favorite photos from the season:

Week 1 - Struthers (OH) v. Campbell Memorial (OH)

After an uneventful Week 0, this was the first game of the week in Ohio and a great shot over the home stands.

Week 5 - Shaker Heights (OH) v. Stow-Munroe Falls (OH)

One of my all-time favorites. I've been to Shaker for games several times, but the first I've taken a photo through the arch. On a hot sun-drenched day, this came out better than I ever expected.

Week 5 - Cleveland Heights (OH) v. Maple Heights (OH)

I've seen several games at Cleveland Heights now. Before and after the stadium and field renovations. However, the old school building dominating the eastern side of the field frames the field perfectly.

Week 6 - Chagrin Falls (OH) v. Wickliffe (OH)

This is a 'must see' stadium in Northeast Ohio. Hosting a rare Thursday night game during Yom Kippur, it was a no-brainer to take in a game at this relic.

Week 7 - Ambridge (PA) v. New Castle (PA)

Ambridge regularly hosts a homecoming game on a Saturday afternoon. It was my third game here at Moe Rubenstein Stadium. Ambridge is named after the American Bridge Company and the team's nickname is the Bridgers. It's a nice touch to add a bridge to the stadium.

Week 14 - NSAA Championships, Memorial Stadium, Lincoln, NE

Nebraska's Memorial Stadium simply dwarfs the field. Especially the newer east stand.

Week 14 - IHSA Championships, Memorial Stadium, Champaign, IL

Memorial Stadium in Champaign has a great ramp system to get fans up to high levels on the older eastern sideline stands. Inside after the sun goes down gives an eerie industrialized feel to the stadium.

Week 15 - NJSIAA Championships, MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, NJ

One of the few times you'll see the stadium in mid-transition between the Giants and the Jets field logos. Second time in New Jersey for games and second time it rained.

Week 17 - UIL Championships, AT&T Stadium, Arlington, TX

Unfortunately, this was the best photo I got of the crowd for the Allen-Cypress Ranch game. The crowd was well over 45,000 and reported at over 50,000. This was shortly before kickoff with the crowd still coming in.