Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority

Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority (http://www.yappi.com/forums/index.php)
-   Professional Basketball (http://www.yappi.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Cavs 2017-2018 (http://www.yappi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306354)

WinstonSmith 10-04-17 06:19 PM

Cavs 2017-2018
 
Will be a very interesting team. A blend of aging stars, stars in their prime, and role players. Iím not sure thereís ever been a team like this before. Will be interesting to see how they all play together.

Preseason game #1 underway, no LBJ and obviously no IT.

eastside_purple 10-04-17 06:36 PM

Yeah, itís a weird mash up of players. Should win the East though.

Michael Bluth 10-04-17 07:15 PM

Stating the obvious, but a lot will depend on IT's health and whether they have time to mesh when he gets back.

Have tickets for opening night. Will be weird seeing Kyrie in a Boston uni and Wade in a Cavs

Raymo 10-05-17 02:37 PM

Hard game to watch,second wave the whole second half.

Raymo 10-09-17 04:47 PM

Going to be interesting to see what kind of rotation Lue makes with his golden agers.

clarkgriswold 10-09-17 08:09 PM

D Wade steps into the starting 5 over JR. Interesting.

bedevil 10-10-17 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clarkgriswold (Post 6864969)
D Wade steps into the starting 5 over JR. Interesting.

He's starting in the Fall. He'll be 6th man by Spring. He'll play 45-50 games. JR will get plenty of starts.

WinstonSmith 10-10-17 09:42 AM

I'm not sure the starting lineup will matter all that much. The rotation should be pretty even and things will change once IT is healthy, too.

bedevil 10-10-17 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WinstonSmith (Post 6865346)
I'm not sure the starting lineup will matter all that much. The rotation should be pretty even and things will change once IT is healthy, too.

Couldn't agree more. There's going to be some odd combinations out there sometimes, too. :)

14Red 10-11-17 10:39 AM

The Cavs are deeper than last season, but that's not saying much. I think this team will have some struggles this season. Too many people under valued what Kyrie did for this team. Wade and Rose are big names that are well past their prime and are injury prone. Neither will give you what you think.

I've never seen a player go from a scrub to star faster than Jae Crowder? Cavs fans think he's suddenly going to become a star? He's a nice role player. Still feel this team is way behind the Warriors, they simply don't have enough defenders.

Taco MacArthur 10-11-17 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 14Red (Post 6866491)
The Cavs are deeper than last season, but that's not saying much. I think this team will have some struggles this season. Too many people under valued what Kyrie did for this team. Wade and Rose are big names that are well past their prime and are injury prone. Neither will give you what you think.

I've never seen a player go from a scrub to star faster than Jae Crowder? Cavs fans think he's suddenly going to become a star? He's a nice role player. Still feel this team is way behind the Warriors, they simply don't have enough defenders.

No one thinks Crowder is a star. He can guard multiple positions, effectively, which the Cavs need. They have ranked near the bottom in defense since LeBron has come back. And he has improved his 3pt shot nearly every year he has been in the league. He will never be an All Star but he's the type of guy you need to win titles. He's one of the better 3&D role players in the league and there's a reason why they are so valued. He is what the Cavs hoped to get out of JR Smith and Iman Shumpert.

I'm shocked you think the Cavs are still way behind the Warriors. I mean Steph Curry, Klay Thompson and Draymond Green aren't even top 20 players in the NBA.

eastside_purple 10-12-17 10:29 AM

Yeah, everybody thinks Crowder is a star now. Good call 14red. :laugh:

Raider6309 10-12-17 10:54 AM

The Cavs are way too old.

eastside_purple 10-12-17 08:30 PM

:laugh:
https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chor..._shade_720.png

ronnie mund 10-12-17 10:24 PM

Lol damn

Michael Bluth 10-13-17 01:03 PM

Pretty dumb comment if it's not fake news

eastside_purple 10-13-17 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Bluth (Post 6869089)
Pretty dumb comment if it's not fake news

But accurate.

cabezadecaballo 10-13-17 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider6309 (Post 6867651)
The Cavs are way too old.

Just heard Kendrick is back! WTF?!?! :laugh:


Does he have a son that plays ?

Raymo 10-14-17 07:22 AM

Dropin a lot of oldies in a package deal,very nice...BAM!

cabezadecaballo 10-15-17 11:33 AM

So long, Kendrick........and RJ and Kay

cabezadecaballo 10-15-17 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Bluth (Post 6869089)
Pretty dumb comment if it's not fake news

Boston is going to be interesting for Uncle Drew when he falters, which he will, eventually. I hope he is smart enough to lay low when it happens, and ride it out. :laugh:

Raymo 10-16-17 05:53 AM

Need to put JR on Kyme and be very physical from the start and piss him off...BAM!

brian1227 10-16-17 01:27 PM

Cavs best team in NBA Bam.

y2h 10-16-17 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eastside_purple (Post 6868368)

He also thinks the world is flat so....

tom 48 10-16-17 08:16 PM

The Cavs announce that they will have a video tribute to Irving at tomorrow's game.....bad idea.

Taco MacArthur 10-17-17 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tom 48 (Post 6872882)
The Cavs announce that they will have a video tribute to Irving at tomorrow's game.....bad idea.

No it isn't.

Arrogate 10-17-17 09:53 AM

Hope they turn up the volume because the boos may drown it out.

Arrogate 10-17-17 05:54 PM

LeBron :laugh:

https://sports.yahoo.com/lebron-jame...150002222.html

Yappi 10-17-17 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arrogate (Post 6873949)

Lebron ought to learn how to shut his mouth. Getting mad because a talented player has left a team has NEVER been racial. That is one of the stupidest comments of ALL time.

And Dan Feldman is truly one of the dumbest humans alive. He is a complete an utter moron.

Taco MacArthur 10-18-17 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yappi (Post 6874021)
Lebron ought to learn how to shut his mouth. Getting mad because a talented player has left a team has NEVER been racial. That is one of the stupidest comments of ALL time.

And Dan Feldman is truly one of the dumbest humans alive. He is a complete an utter moron.

No, one of the stupidest comments of ALL time was the letter itself.

Why ought he learn to shut his mouth? Are you like 14Red and think athletes and celebrities shouldn't be allowed opinions?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:22 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.