Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority

Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority (http://www.yappi.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boys Track & Field/Cross Country (http://www.yappi.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   NE District XC assignments (http://www.yappi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=303570)

cvctrackfan 07-07-17 11:07 AM

NE District XC assignments

Northeast District CC assignments ??

I do know that Willoughby will be moved to Madison. And there will be a D3 race at Madison. My guess is that it will pull teams from Cleveland East and some of the west teams for D3.

Mr. Slippery 07-07-17 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cvctrackfan (Post 6787156)
Northeast District CC assignments ??

I do know that Willoughby will be moved to Madison. And there will be a D3 race at Madison. My guess is that it will pull the Cleveland East and some of the west teams for D3.

I doubt we see anything from our district board before mid-August.

D3 race at Madison, you say?

With so few D3 teams moving on to regionals (11 girls and 13 boys teams), I have to believe that means 1 of the other D3 sites is getting the ax. Could there also be a redistribution of the DI teams from 5 district sites down to 4 district sites? If those 2 things happened, Medina could get the ax as a district site.

cvctrackfan 07-07-17 01:07 PM

Actually the board has completed the re-districting. The Willoughby site is moving because they are building a new school there. The Divison three move there is a surprise. There will be more changes. Just like last season at Goodyear

psycho_dad 07-07-17 01:16 PM

Still upsetting that they got rid of Goodyear. More history there than any course in the state an poof. done. That said, I have no confidence that the board will do anything logical. Seems to me they need to go down to 4 District sites and perhaps have D3 at only two of the sites. D3 schools in the NE need to start getting a team to the District meet. Too many schools that have it that don't bother to run a team for whatever reason. Cost the NE a spot at the state meet. Probably a very high placing spot.

cvctrackfan 07-07-17 05:45 PM

I, agree with you Pyschodad

coachwhitman 07-07-17 08:22 PM

I've often wondered why no more district meets are being held at Goodyear and then I remember that the District Board is not exactly the Jedi council...

That was the site of my last HS meet and even though I did not advance to the state meet, it was an experience I'm glad that I had. I've also coached there and enjoyed how much of the race that spectators can easily see. It's not like we're so flush with great CC courses in NE Ohio that we can just dismiss such a great course because of better options. I'm pretty sure I could find a better option for the state meet than a drag racing track, but that's a topic for another thread I suppose.

Mr. Slippery 07-08-17 06:24 AM

My only guess on Goodyear is that perhaps the Summit County Metroparks doesn't want to host any meets there; especially since they have the dedicated XC course just north of Silvercreek Metropark that is now the U. of Akron's home course.

cvctrackfan 07-08-17 04:05 PM

I, wouldn't be surprised if the board didn't try to get all the teams into three super divisions. Or at the least run all the races from three sites

gatornation 07-11-17 01:32 PM

Last year the managers meeting for XC did not meet till August 28, so I would assume we get no answers till then.

cvctrackfan 07-11-17 10:12 PM

They have already discussed XC. Or at least have the district sites set up and the teams assigned to their districts.

ChickenSalad 07-13-17 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cvctrackfan (Post 6788937)
They have already discussed XC. Or at least have the district sites set up and the teams assigned to their districts.

I was told by a board member yesterday that the decision was to made last night (Wednesday). I haven't heard any more today, though. The Madison venue seemed fairly certain, in this source's opinion.

claynation 07-14-17 05:03 AM

Will the former Lakeland/Willoughby South district be moving to Madison for the foreseeable future, or is this just going to be a one year thing while construction is going on at Willoughby?

cvctrackfan 07-14-17 12:56 PM

I don't know. I figure it might return if the building hasn't interfered to much with the course.

gatornation 07-14-17 02:04 PM

Not sure Madison would be willing to give it back up. They have put a lot of work into the course(and looking to do more if they are awarded the race) and they have more than enough parking(a plus to any meet).

Mr. Slippery 07-14-17 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gatornation (Post 6790405)
Not sure Madison would be willing to give it back up. They have put a lot of work into the course(and looking to do more if they are awarded the race) and they have more than enough parking(a plus to any meet).

That is always a key component to deciding where to hold these events. Not all sites that have adequate facilities want to host (or not all potential site managers want to do the work to host). We see it all the time with the football playoffs.

gatornation 07-17-17 03:29 PM

Madison it is!

madman 07-17-17 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gatornation (Post 6791531)
Madison it is!

In Div I districts, I wonder what happens with Hudson, Twinsburg, and Nordonia who all went to Willoughby instead of Trumbull because Willoughby was their 2nd closest site and who couldn't go to Medina - their closest site.

It wouldn't surprise me to see those three switch with Chardon, Kenston, and Solon if they make decisions with the same criteria this year.

gatornation 07-17-17 06:14 PM

I heard Hudson got moved to Trumbull, not sure about the other 5.

CoventryTrackXCguy 07-17-17 07:30 PM

Any rumors on changes in the d2 scene. Will SVSM still go south, or could they move north again?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

psycho_dad 07-18-17 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoventryTrackXCguy (Post 6791682)
Any rumors on changes in the d2 scene. Will SVSM still go south, or could they move north again?

You don't need to worry about $V$M. The problem is they are probably going to stick Coventry in with $V$M, CVCA, Woodridge etc..... Yep, They are getting the band back together baby!

CoventryTrackXCguy 07-18-17 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psycho_dad (Post 6792069)
You don't need to worry about $V$M. The problem is they are probably going to stick Coventry in with $V$M, CVCA, Woodridge etc..... Yep, They are getting the band back together baby!

In which case, SVSM, Woodridge, CVCA, is only 3 qualifying spots. Nots sure if i see them adding in Tuslaw or Rocky River...It should be geographically impossible. In order to 3peat into regionals, we may have to surpass Field, hold off Tallmadge, possibly Springfield. Last year at the league meet we came 5 points shy of beating Field, since then, we graduated our number 1, but bring up two (at least) strong freshmen. If we indeed have the above scenario? Mission accepted, go get em comets.

billcarson 07-18-17 06:03 PM

Coventry,
I'm not sure but the post about $V$M joining Woodridge, CVCA, etc. may
have been in jest.
I would hope nobody would think it's a good idea to move them to Lorain,
with 3 of the top 4 returning boys teams from state already there. You could have a
scenario where the first team not advancing being as good as some other
NE district first place teams.

CoventryTrackXCguy 07-18-17 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billcarson (Post 6792331)
Coventry,
I'm not sure but the post about $V$M joining Woodridge, CVCA, etc. may
have been in jest.
I would hope nobody would think it's a good idea to move them to Lorain,
with 3 of the top 4 returning boys teams from state already there. You could have a
scenario where the first team not advancing being as good as some other
NE district first place teams.

Yeah, it wouldnt be the first time a district has been stacked.

gatornation 08-01-17 05:46 AM

4 more weeks and we should know District assignments

cvctrackfan 08-04-17 01:05 AM

Some of District sites are up. No D3 or D2 boys up as of yet. Madison is a site but the D3 sites are the same. A lot of D2 teams from the east are headed west. Like Beaumont, Woodridge, etc. it will be real easy to plug in the boy's teams.

gatornation 08-04-17 01:56 PM

I see Boardman Div 2 girls will have 1 less team this year, only 20 with balanced Districts.

NECoach 08-04-17 03:21 PM

Yet again, NEDAB pays no attention to balance of cross country districts. With no apparent regard for geography or quality of teams, the disparity between districts is glaring. Mentor may be the only girls team from Madison with even a remote chance of cracking the top 5 at Trumbull or Medina. Meanwhile, 4 boys teams get out of Medina. I know I'm only looking at Div.1 (admitted bias), but teams should not have post season hopes hanging on the whims of the NEDAB. Look at all of the top girls' teams returning to Medina alone. And then they add St. Joe's? Pardon my frustration, but every year this happens!

claynation 08-04-17 06:12 PM

Where is D2 and D3 boys?

CoventryTrackXCguy 08-04-17 09:13 PM

I think they should have seeded districts. Have the coaches vote on the teams from best to worst, and let them pick their districts, starting with the best.

psycho_dad 08-04-17 09:58 PM

D2 girls is just a shame. They took LCC which was already the dominant District and added 2 other Regional qualifiers. There are now 7 teams that qualified to the regional last year at LCC + two others that would have qualified had they been at any of the other Districts in the NE last year. So, 9 legit top 16 teams in the Region from last year in the same District this year.

LCC 9 teams from last year that were or would have been top 16

Madison. 4 teams 1 of the 4 would have been displaced by 2 teams that did not make it through from LCC, so really 3 teams.

Trumble 1 team

Malone 4 teams

Who knows how lopsided it would be if I looked at it as top 20 teams.

Can't wait to see the boys!