Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority

Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority (http://www.yappi.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boys Basketball (http://www.yappi.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   TRAC (Three Rivers Athletic Conference) 2017-2018 (http://www.yappi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=307588)

Cardboard Palace 11-01-17 09:28 AM

TRAC (Three Rivers Athletic Conference) 2017-2018
 
Any predictions, comments, surprises for this year?

Last year's finish:

St. Johns 13-1
St. Francis 10-4
Whitmer 10-4
Lima Sr. 9-5
Findlay 7-7
Central Catholic 5-9
Fremont 2-12
Clay 0-14

Cardboard Palace 11-01-17 01:30 PM

On paper it is St. Johns and then everyone else.

Whitmer has a very deep and talented Jr class.

Feel free to chime in on anyone else.

NWObballfan 11-03-17 08:56 AM

Without an injury, SJJ goes undefeated. Vincent Williams (VCU commit) and Houston King (Georgetown offer) will be the two best in the league. Plus they add a true point guard in Ryan Christy (a CCHS transfer) and an athletic 6'6 big in Jaden Mckinstray (Fremont transfer). SJJ hasn't been down to Columbus since 2009 and this could be the team.

Any Lima Senior transfers in this year?

Krasula24 11-03-17 09:49 PM

The Wauseon & St. Johnís scrimmage should be a fun one to watch before the season starts

Smalls 11-07-17 10:02 AM

St. Francis lost Graham and Burnam, but have Harris and Wells (both Jrs) along with several other guys who have been through the battles.

I understand their freshman class is very strong too.

eastisbest 11-12-17 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eaglesrize (Post 6910605)
We made strides in football and will make strides in basketball.

Eaglesrize

Hi,

Here's a thread for TRAC football.

http://www.yappi.com/forums/showthre...297685&page=15

eastisbest 11-12-17 08:09 PM

You posted your team had made strides in football. Thought it would be helpful to point you to some current conference discussion so you could join in. If you could only come up with that one assumption, might be good for youto know of that site. ;) Hope you enjoy the website.

Cardboard Palace 11-13-17 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eaglesrize (Post 6911195)
Not saying we are great or even good yet, but we have a chance in about 8 or 9 games this year. In the past 5 years or so years we only could honestly say we had a shot in maybe 2. A 5 win season will be a success and then shoot for .500+ next year.

I know, I know but with where we have been baby steps are ok with me.

A shot in 8 or 9 means you are counting on a few league wins or at least competitive games. Hope you are right.

irish_buffalo 11-13-17 04:01 PM

I cannot imagine "shooting for .500+....next year."

Cardboard Palace 11-13-17 04:21 PM

I don't think Clay was .500 with the Achter and both Taylors. Just saying.

irish_buffalo 11-14-17 08:07 AM

Last time they were good was McDougal, Nelson, and the younger Taylor who ended up getting hurt. Made it to TCL Final 4 (2005?).

The current group of kids and dads would say "who?" as they dream about their 8th grade title and are clueless to their history and surroundings.

I've never seen a district scream that they do not have the kids to compete yet allows two 6'5" kids to walk right out the door without a peep.

Someone please tell me Clay put Stritch back on the schedule. Please.

OHIOVSTW419 11-14-17 11:06 AM

Unfortunately I think they are not on the schedule and either is Woodmore, so there goes an overtime win for moral support for the Eagles.

chrundle 11-14-17 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irish_buffalo (Post 6912242)
Last time they were good was McDougal, Nelson, and the younger Taylor who ended up getting hurt. Made it to TCL Final 4 (2005?).

The current group of kids and dads would say "who?" as they dream about their 8th grade title and are clueless to their history and surroundings.

I've never seen a district scream that they do not have the kids to compete yet allows two 6'5" kids to walk right out the door without a peep.

Someone please tell me Clay put Stritch back on the schedule. Please.

Like Irish said, the last time Clay was truly competitive was 2005, and even still I am not sure if they beat the big 3, Scott, or Libbey.

Looking at that 2005 team, you had guards in the 6'0-6'2 range (Graham, Nelson, Mcdougle), Achter at 6'4, 6'6 W. Taylor, and a younger Z. Taylor, who I believe was a 6'6/6'7 freshmen. Saying this, Clay does not have a kid on their current roster that would have started on that team, but Eaglersize would not buy it because Clay allegedly beat Stritch in a scrimmage last week.

This is all relative to the current wave of Oregon dads and grandads who have been looking forward to "next year", for the past 5 years.

Smalls 11-14-17 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irish_buffalo (Post 6912242)
Last time they were good was McDougal, Nelson, and the younger Taylor who ended up getting hurt. Made it to TCL Final 4 (2005?).

Years are an estimate.

That would have been Wes Taylor in 2005-6. He played basketball at Owens and a D2 down south. I think Zac Taylor 2008 (University of Toledo basketball) before a back injury was a year after AJ Achter 2007 (Michigan State and MLB baseball). Derek Spencer 2006 (BGSU, MLB draft pick) and Jordan Kovacs 2006 (University of Michigan and NFL football) were also on one of those teams. Drew Kuns 2008 (BGSU baseball) was a three sport 1st team all city player.

Even with those kinds of athletes I am pretty sure they didn't go .500. A lot of fun to watch though. I remember a game that they had 7 or 8 dunks in a win vs a solid Scott team.

bigv 11-14-17 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWObballfan (Post 6897413)
Without an injury, SJJ goes undefeated. Vincent Williams (VCU commit) and Houston King (Georgetown offer) will be the two best in the league. Plus they add a true point guard in Ryan Christy (a CCHS transfer) and an athletic 6'6 big in Jaden Mckinstray (Fremont transfer). SJJ hasn't been down to Columbus since 2009 and this could be the team.

Any Lima Senior transfers in this year?

Is this the same SJJ that is going to be in Columbus this weekend to scrimmage Upper Arlington and Springfield?

Trailsendcustom 11-14-17 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smalls (Post 6912529)
. I remember a game that they had 7 or 8 dunks in a win vs a solid Scott team.

That was a fun game. I went to that game just to see the dunk contest. I wasn't disappointed. Achter lit it up and had 4-5 dunks himself.

Cardboard Palace 11-15-17 02:38 PM

You need to stop LaVar Ball.

NWObballfan 11-15-17 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigv (Post 6912566)
Is this the same SJJ that is going to be in Columbus this weekend to scrimmage Upper Arlington and Springfield?

Just checked their schedule and yes, they'll be down there this weekend.

bigv 11-15-17 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWObballfan (Post 6913745)
Just checked their schedule and yes, they'll be down there this weekend.

Thank you

NWObballfan 11-16-17 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigv (Post 6913928)
Thank you

Will you be there? Would be great if you could provide us NWO folks with a summary after the games.

bigv 11-16-17 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWObballfan (Post 6914267)
Will you be there? Would be great if you could provide us NWO folks with a summary after the games.

50/50 chance right now,but I have a god son and nephew that play for Springfield,if I can't make I will tell you guys what I hear

irish_buffalo 11-17-17 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eaglesrize (Post 6913569)
Couple all league football players on the basketball team. Boys compete hard. Could be 1st team in 2 sports next year.

Any more scrimmages?

I think he is talking about Novak. Decent kid. 6'2 WR on the gridiron. When the Eaglesrize (I always love the "z" in place of the "s" by the way - gives it a bad-azz feel) will Novak be their post man this year? Do the Eagles have anyone taller?

Is the short pissed off guy still the coach?

irish_buffalo 11-18-17 11:47 AM

Wagonfield? He should help down the road, but will take some lumps this season.

ToledoXC 11-21-17 10:26 AM

SJJ grads Gabe Kynard and Harrison Riggs nearly led Lake Erie to a big upset at BG last night. Kynard had 28 to lead all scorers in the 109-106 loss.

Cardboard Palace 11-21-17 10:54 AM

Anyone have feedback from scrimmages?

NWObballfan 11-21-17 11:32 AM

http://www.nwdab.org/wordpress/wp-co...ball-sites.pdf

Interesting from the district board. NWO district got split in 2 (both still at UT) and winners will play in regional semi final game at UT.

irish_buffalo 11-22-17 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cardboard Palace (Post 6920316)
Anyone have feedback from scrimmages?

From the sound of things Whitmer and Cardinal Stritch beat up on North Ridgeville a bit and then the Panthers and Cardinals played about even head to head. They split it up into quarters and had different match-ups each time.

Cardboard Palace 11-22-17 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irish_buffalo (Post 6921089)
From the sound of things Whitmer and Cardinal Stritch beat up on North Ridgeville a bit and then the Panthers and Cardinals played about even head to head. They split it up into quarters and had different match-ups each time.

Good for east of the river basketball fans if Stritch can hang with Whitmer and Clay can hang with Stritch. Even if they are just scrimmages.

I would think Whitmer will be picked 2nd in the TRAC. Unless St. Francis sneaks in there.

Cardboard Palace 11-27-17 08:27 AM

Did anyone attend the the St. Johns vs Southview foundation game? How did both teams look?

Smalls 11-27-17 09:52 AM

Wasn't there, but saw on the news St. Johns won by 5-7 points. Southview will be tough in the NLL.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.