Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority

Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority (http://www.yappi.com/forums/index.php)
-   Softball (http://www.yappi.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   State Final Game Updates and Final Scores (6/3) (http://www.yappi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302928)

Yappi 06-03-17 06:57 AM

State Final Game Updates and Final Scores (6/3)

Please post updates and final scores from today's state championship games in this thread...

Andy27 06-03-17 11:16 AM

Elyria just won 4-3 on an obstruction call per twitter.

Andy27 06-03-17 05:05 PM

After 5 1/2 innings, Champion is up 3-0 on Wheelersburg.

Andy27 06-03-17 05:23 PM

After 6 innings it's Champion 3, Wheelersburg 1

Andy27 06-03-17 05:39 PM

Champion won 5-1 for their second State championship of the day.

JM92 06-03-17 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy27 (Post 6773297)
Elyria just won 4-3 on an obstruction call per twitter.

Bitter pill to swallow..but that's how they called it..feel bad for them.

Scipio 06-03-17 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy27 (Post 6773422)
Champion won 5-1 for their second State championship of the day.

Amazing. I think that's their 7th Softball State Title.

gils 06-03-17 07:38 PM

Lakewood 2
Hoban 0 End of 3rd.
Brenna Brownfield with a 2 run bomb.

gils 06-03-17 07:46 PM

Lakewood 2
Hoban 1 mid 4th

gils 06-03-17 07:53 PM

Lakewood 2
Hoban 1 end 4th

gils 06-03-17 07:58 PM

Lakewood 2
Hoban 1 mid 5th

gils 06-03-17 08:06 PM

Lakewood 2
Hoban 1 end 5th

gils 06-03-17 08:10 PM

Lakewood 2
Hoban 1 mid 6th

gils 06-03-17 08:14 PM

Lakewood 2
Hoban 1 end 6th

gils 06-03-17 08:24 PM

Lakewood 2
Hoban 1 Final

SouthwestOhioGuy17 06-04-17 12:19 AM

Game story

Elyria's stunning finish leaves top-ranked Lebanon without a title

http://www.journal-news.com/sports/e...4QkU45LeQBbYI/

LICKING COUNTY FAN 06-04-17 08:04 AM

That shortstop for Hoban was awesome with the glove.

Cantrell 06-05-17 04:57 AM

Way to let the kids decide the game ump.

Auggie 06-05-17 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cantrell (Post 6773922)

More like way to look like a 10U team when trying to get the last out for a title. Defense is a big part of any sport and Lebanon was lacking in that phase of the game this past Saturday, that is the reason they lost and not the ump.

Only video I can find of the final play and it doesn't show the actual play at 3rd that decided the game.

Without being able to see the replay it is tough to say if it was a blown call or not but the broadcasters believed it was the right call and the ump never wavered. Kind of similar situation to when the Cleveland Central Catholic player was called for hanging on the rim at the end of the state basketball title game a few years back, the way it is explained to me is there is no appendix to the rules book based on the game situation so a call is a call.

Andy27 06-05-17 02:32 PM

If you don't drop the ball at second, that's the 3rd out.

LICKING COUNTY FAN 06-07-17 06:41 PM

I have pics from all of the tourney games that I took in.

Here are links to the pics.

(Facebook has stopped me from posting albums, so the state semi final pics and the state final pics, are posted in groups of 40 or so pics)

https://www.facebook.com/DavidLewisBurnworth/photos_all

https://www.facebook.com/DavidLewisB.../photos_albums

E-Town 06-08-17 07:58 AM

Video of the final play...Congrats to Elyria!

http://www.jwphotography.biz/Sports/...ay/i-JfjdQst/A

btw...check out the Lebanon coach at the end. Stay classy coach!

E-Town 06-08-17 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cantrell (Post 6773922)

The kids did decide the game...a botched play at second, a bad throw to the plate and interference at third.

The Elyria girls never gave up on the play.

Auggie 06-08-17 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E-Town (Post 6775635)
Video of the final play...Congrats to Elyria!

http://www.jwphotography.biz/Sports/...ay/i-JfjdQst/A

btw...check out the Lebanon coach at the end. Stay classy coach!

No horse in this race and I probably make that call if I'm the ump at 3rd. In the 1 second I would be thinking about the call the biggest point is the 3rd base girl looks lost while literally straddling the base line a foot from the bag so the runner rounding 3rd had no place to go without drastically changing the course of her path.

Again the defense for Lebanon cost them this game not the umps.

Andy27 06-08-17 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Auggie (Post 6775790)
No horse in this race and I probably make that call if I'm the ump at 3rd. In the 1 second I would be thinking about the call the biggest point is the 3rd base girl looks lost while literally straddling the base line a foot from the bag so the runner rounding 3rd had no place to go without drastically changing the course of her path.

Again the defense for Lebanon cost them this game not the umps.

Yeah, this is clear cut obstruction, regardless of intentional or not.

I'm glad someone got a decent video of it since Spectre didn't manage to.

JM92 06-08-17 10:04 PM

That coach at the end..ugh

fatboyroll 06-11-17 02:22 PM

While the defense was not great, there were several calls that were borderline horrible. The no obstruction call on Elyria earlier in the game at the plate, the obstruction call on Lebanon when they picked the tying run off first in the seventh, the interference call on the runner at second, the umpire admitting he missed a strike call that would have ended the game on the girl who was the winning run.... so while Lebanon's defense went south for one play, the umpiring was not where it needs to be for a state title game that deserved better because it was played between two great teams who gave everything they had. for the umpires not to do the same is sad.

nc_green_wave 06-12-17 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatboyroll (Post 6777097)
While the defense was not great, there were several calls that were borderline horrible. The no obstruction call on Elyria earlier in the game at the plate, the obstruction call on Lebanon when they picked the tying run off first in the seventh, the interference call on the runner at second, the umpire admitting he missed a strike call that would have ended the game on the girl who was the winning run.... so while Lebanon's defense went south for one play, the umpiring was not where it needs to be for a state title game that deserved better because it was played between two great teams who gave everything they had. for the umpires not to do the same is sad.

Do you have any links to videos of the plays referenced above or a link to an article of the umpire admitting the missed third strike?

natihsfan 06-12-17 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JM92 (Post 6776145)
That coach at the end..ugh

Personally I thought it was rather tame, given the circumstances. How would you react in that situation?

Auggie 06-12-17 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatboyroll (Post 6777097)

From what I understand Elyria didn't have a RBI in the game, the 1st 2 runs were scored off of what appeared to be passed balls or whatever the official scorer decided to call them. While not technically defense it still shows lack of execution while the ball was in their hands. If in the field Lebannon had done the job they would have had a shut out and the umps would not have had any impact on the game, which is even more sad.