Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority

Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority (http://www.yappi.com/forums/index.php)
-   Football (http://www.yappi.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Hubbard Eagles 2018 "Looking ahead" (http://www.yappi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=308973)

sportster4321 12-14-17 02:17 PM

Hubbard Eagles 2018 "Looking ahead"

I've waited a while to post this. With the 2017 season in the books for a couple weeks now, let's get this started. Hubbard faced a lot of adversity in 2017. 4 to 5 starters either ruled ineligible for grades or sitting because of transfer issues. 4 new starting offensive linemen, extreme inability to throw the ball early on, and a lot of new faces on the defensive side of the ball. The result? A (5-5) season. Hubbards worst record in football since 1998. Here are some positives I took away from the 2017 Hubbard eagles. 3 of the 5 losses came down to the final possession and were decided by a score or less. The defense although young played sparingly throughout the year and for the most part held their own. A lot of young players were given big roles on both offense and defense to contribute. A lot of experience was gained. And last but not least, QB athlete Davion Daniels is a star in the making. Morales, Donlow, the transfer from Sharon and a few more are all back next season after sitting out 2017. Both lines return a lot with size. A good off-season will be key. Tarver looked strong and fast on defense after sitting out the first 5 games in 2017. He will be a junior next season. Mosora is back as a defensive leader at MLB after leading the defense with 162 tackles and an all state mention. Last but not least both kickers return which should make for a decent kicking and punting combo. Imo the eagles can do big things in 2018. It's just a matter of putting it all together. 2017 was a disaster. It's redemption time.

HubCapper 12-14-17 04:00 PM

.....plus, out of only 10 seniors on last years team, only 5 of them had any significant playing time in 2017.

It'll be interesting to see who Hubbard opens up with in 2018, hopefully it will be at Beautiful Hubbard Memorial Stadium.

sportster4321 12-14-17 04:18 PM

Already penciled in capped.
Alliance at beautiful memorial stadium week 1.
Aviators are coming off a league title and a 9-1 season. Perfect opener for our eagles. Depending on what alliance returns it should be a great week 1 test. I know the eagles will come in hungry to jump start the season in a big way.

HubCapper 12-14-17 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sportster4321 (Post 6943227)
Aviators are coming off a league title and a 9-1 season. Perfect opener for our eagles. Depending on what alliance returns it should be a great week 1 test. I know the eagles will come in hungry to jump start the season in a big way.

Alliance at Beautiful Hubbard Memorial Stadium is a very nice fit for the Eagles opener in week #1.

I like it, I like it a lot. :clap:

Alliance1 12-15-17 10:39 AM

Excited to make the trip week 1!

HubCapper 12-15-17 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alliance1 (Post 6943611)
Excited to make the trip week 1!

^Excited to have Alliance on Hubbard's schedule!^

HubCapper 12-15-17 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sportster4321 (Post 6943145)
Here are some positives I took away from the 2017 Hubbard eagles. 3 of the 5 losses came down to the final possession and were decided by a score or less.

.....with a ton of talent standing on the sidelines in sweats.

The future looks bright.

roberto21 12-15-17 11:48 AM

I believe Alliance has scheduled Canfield, Salem and Poland as well.

confused 12-16-17 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sportster4321 (Post 6943145)
I've waited a while to post this. With the 2017 season in the books for a couple weeks now, let's get this started. Hubbard faced a lot of adversity in 2017. 4 to 5 starters either ruled ineligible for grades or sitting because of transfer issues. 4 new starting offensive linemen, extreme inability to throw the ball early on, and a lot of new faces on the defensive side of the ball. The result? A (5-5) season. Hubbards worst record in football since 1998. Here are some positives I took away from the 2017 Hubbard eagles. 3 of the 5 losses came down to the final possession and were decided by a score or less. The defense although young played sparingly throughout the year and for the most part held their own. A lot of young players were given big roles on both offense and defense to contribute. A lot of experience was gained. And last but not least, QB athlete Davion Daniels is a star in the making. Morales, Donlow, the transfer from Sharon and a few more are all back next season after sitting out 2017. Both lines return a lot with size. A good off-season will be key. Tarver looked strong and fast on defense after sitting out the first 5 games in 2017. He will be a junior next season. Mosora is back as a defensive leader at MLB after leading the defense with 162 tackles and an all state mention. Last but not least both kickers return which should make for a decent kicking and punting combo. Imo the eagles can do big things in 2018. It's just a matter of putting it all together. 2017 was a disaster. It's redemption time.

Is anyone going to address the grades issue. If they aren't eligible it doesn't matter what else they do. That needs to come first

Spread All Day 12-16-17 10:35 AM

How hard is it to have decent grades?
They just need to show up to school. The rest will take care of itself.

HubCapper 12-16-17 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by confused (Post 6944348)
Is anyone going to address the grades issue. If they aren't eligible it doesn't matter what else they do. That needs to come first

I totally agree with you 100%. I hope they learned from it because it couldn't of been easy watching all of those games from the sidelines knowing they could of helped out the team tremendously.

Last year was pretty rough if you were a Hubbard follower seeing all that wasted talent on the sidelines not contributing, plus all of the injuries as well.

Like I said before, hopefully everyone learned from it.....that would be a good thing. If they did, the 2018 team has the potential to be very good with what they have coming back.

sportster4321 12-16-17 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by confused (Post 6944348)

My understanding is that a much needed renewed effort has be instilled in these young men. All have perfect attendance and are passing classes they have struggled in previously. Taking football away was a huge punishment that these young men brought onto themselves. They're hungry to be back and from what I understand the grades will not be an issue this season. On a side note kudos to Hubbard for holding them to the books. I know at other schools including Hubbard for years, if you're a star athlete you could do bare minimum and have a failing grade all year but come football time those grades mysteriously change to passing. These kids didn't put the work in and Hubbard ruled them ineligible. No mysterious projects with 1000 bonus points were offered. The kids have learned from the experience and will be better because of it.

Paladin1aa 12-16-17 05:13 PM

Stop with the trash talk. Most schools are not like Hubbard. Lakeview is squeaky clean in academics and always has been. Kids get legitimate grades or sit. That BS line gets you nowhere.

HubCapper 12-16-17 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sportster4321 (Post 6944543)
My understanding is that a much needed renewed effort has be instilled in these young men. All have perfect attendance and are passing classes they have struggled in previously. Taking football away was a huge punishment that these young men brought onto themselves. They're hungry to be back and from what I understand the grades will not be an issue this season. On a side note kudos to Hubbard for holding them to the books.

That's very good news to hear :thumb:

HubCapper 12-16-17 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paladin1aa (Post 6944567)
Stop with the trash talk. Most schools are not like Hubbard. Lakeview is squeaky clean in academics and always has been. Kids get legitimate grades or sit. That BS line gets you nowhere.

^troll^ :stirthepot:

HubCapper 12-16-17 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roberto21 (Post 6943666)
I believe Alliance has scheduled Canfield, Salem and Poland as well.

We all want to know Roberto, has Hubbard ever played Alliance before?

You can tell we all depend on your research and knowledge for the answers.

YTown09 12-16-17 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paladin1aa (Post 6944567)

I believe he was referring to star athletes Paladin....

roberto21 12-16-17 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HubCapper (Post 6944671)
We all want to know Roberto, has Hubbard ever played Alliance before?

You can tell we all depend on your research and knowledge for the answers.

Thanks Hub.

This will be the first meeting.

You would think they would have played before, but no. Hubbard was independent for several years in their history but never met Alliance.

roberto21 12-16-17 09:59 PM

sportster4321,
I sent you a PM.

HE74 12-20-17 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sportster4321 (Post 6943227)

Alliance (9-2) was a senior dominated team last year. About half (29) the roster graduated. Their QB Frazier, top rusher Duce Johnson (2406 yds rushing 36 tds) are gone, most of the O line and their top 2 receivers graduate.

Two good LB's come back, Maley and Cox.

My question: is this a home and home contract? Will the Eagles get to play at the Purple Raiders stadium the next time they play?

Struthersfan 12-20-17 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HE74 (Post 6946791)
My question: is this a home and home contract? Will the Eagles get to play at the Purple Raiders stadium the next time they play?

Looking at Arbiter, the Aviators first two games of 2019 are Hubbard and Niles. Both are home games for Alliance.

So yes, it is a Home and Home. Nice place to watch a game, especially early season. Was called “Hartshorn” back in the day.

With all the Alliance graduation losses would seem to be an easy game for Hubbard.

Struthersfan 12-20-17 08:10 PM

https://arbiterlive.com/Teams/Schedule/4120364

HubCapper 12-21-17 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Struthersfan (Post 6946980)
Looking at Arbiter, the Aviators first two games of 2019 are Hubbard and Niles. Both are home games for Alliance.

So yes, it is a Home and Home. Nice place to watch a game, especially early season. Was called “Hartshorn” back in the day.

With all the Alliance graduation losses would seem to be an easy game for Hubbard.

Thanks for the info.....

Stack Attack 12-24-17 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HubCapper (Post 6947461)
Thanks for the info.....

Wouldn’t sleep on Alliance week 1. It will be Whiting’s third year with his program in place, and they return enough experience to give Hubbard a dogfight

HubCapper 12-27-17 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stack Attack (Post 6949292)
Wouldn’t sleep on Alliance week 1. It will be Whiting’s third year with his program in place, and they return enough experience to give Hubbard a dogfight

I guarantee you no one from Hubbard will be taking Alliance for granted.

We Hubbard followers welcome them to Beautiful Hubbard Memorial Stadium for week #1. We are excited to play them.

Buckeye Elite 12-27-17 04:01 PM

Hubbard should be front runners with morales back in all honesty as much as I hate to say it, Mizoram is really good as well

roberto21 12-27-17 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckeye Elite (Post 6950111)
Hubbard should be front runners with morales back in all honesty as much as I hate to say it, Mizoram is really good as well

Mizoram??? Who's that?

Spread All Day 12-27-17 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roberto21 (Post 6950239)
Mizoram??? Who's that?

Mosora

roberto21 12-28-17 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roberto21 (Post 6944735)
sportster4321,
I sent you a PM.

Hey sportster4321, you out there?-lol

EagleFan 12-28-17 02:24 PM

Hubbard 2018
8/24 H Alliance
8/31 Unknown Opponent
9/7 H Ashtabula Edgewood
9/14 A Cortland Lakeview
9/21 A Warren Howland
9/28 H Niles McKinley
10/5 A Jefferson Area