Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority

Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority (http://www.yappi.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boys Soccer (http://www.yappi.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   OSSCA State Poll (http://www.yappi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=305675)

Happygoluckky 09-18-17 07:45 AM

OSSCA State Poll
 
http://www.ossca.info/index.php/poll...oll-2017-09-18

winbypin 09-18-17 11:18 AM

No love for CJ in D2. Thought for sure they would have been on the list someplace.

Gview 09-18-17 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winbypin (Post 6840580)
No love for CJ in D2. Thought for sure they would have been on the list someplace.

Can't happen. #3 Alter, then Tippecanoe and Bellbrook too. Can only nominate 3 teams.

winbypin 09-18-17 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gview (Post 6840678)
Can't happen. #3 Alter, then Tippecanoe and Bellbrook too. Can only nominate 3 teams.

Yes. Thought CJ would have taken bellbrooks spot after wins over Wyoming and bacon. Especially since bellbrook lost to Wyoming. Cj & bellbrook tied head to head.

Gview 09-18-17 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winbypin (Post 6840711)
Yes. Thought CJ would have taken bellbrooks spot after wins over Wyoming and bacon. Especially since bellbrook lost to Wyoming. Cj & bellbrook tied head to head.

You would have thought so.

winbypin 09-18-17 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gview (Post 6840720)
You would have thought so.

LOL. I think a lot of things. Not most are correct though.

PS...I like the D3 poll this week!

Gview 09-18-17 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winbypin (Post 6840825)
PS...I like the D3 poll this week!

I bet you do.

Just a few more weeks then someone else gets to answer all the questions. :)

TCSoup 09-22-17 01:04 PM

DeSales 7-0-1 and not even in those receiving votes. LOL IN D2

EastYoungstown 09-22-17 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happygoluckky (Post 6840320)

Won't open?

winbypin 09-22-17 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TCSoup (Post 6844911)
DeSales 7-0-1 and not even in those receiving votes. LOL IN D2

They were #2 last week. Looks like no Columbus schools this week so I wonder if the rep for the area forgot, was late, or had technical difficulties that prevented him/her from nominating for this week.

winbypin 09-22-17 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EastYoungstown (Post 6844939)
Won't open?

Just tried again and it worked for me.

Gview 09-22-17 01:51 PM

It's always listed on the landing page.

http://ossca.info

Bearcat_phan 09-25-17 12:11 PM

Perhaps Dayton Carroll is a fine team but their schedule to date has not been difficult ....how do they get in the top 10 in state if their toughest game to date resulted in a 2-2 tie with Springboro? At least Centerville's played a more challenging schedule and they've only lost once... if in fact Carroll must be replaced by a team from the Dayton area. Seems to me that spot should be occupied by the Elks. The schedule for this week looks customarily soft again this week....too they're ranked in the Dayton poll so I'm not sure why they get consideration as being part of the Cincinnati poll.

winbypin 09-25-17 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat_phan (Post 6848724)
Perhaps Dayton Carroll is a fine team but their schedule to date has not been difficult ....how do they get in the top 10 in state if their toughest game to date resulted in a 2-2 tie with Springboro? At least Centerville's played a more challenging schedule and they've only lost once... if in fact Carroll must be replaced by a team from the Dayton area. Seems to me that spot should be occupied by the Elks. The schedule for this week looks customarily soft again this week....too they're ranked in the Dayton poll so I'm not sure why they get consideration as being part of the Cincinnati poll.

LOL. Centerville also tied Springboro 2-2. Carroll beat Wayne 2-0. Centerville beat Wayne 2-1. For common opponents pretty similar results. Carroll still has to play Fairmont, Alter & Lebanon who Centerville has already played. I am sure a part of their ranking is their history.

Carroll just moved to D1. I am sure their schedule was set prior to the move to D1. They are in the GCL so some games can't be changed but there are good teams in that league. I bet they add more D1 teams going forward.

As far as why they are ranked in both Cincy & Dayton....I don't know. I've asked that before as other GCL Dayton teams are in the Cincy poll too. Someone said Dayton Christian & Yellow Springs have also been voted into the Cincy polls in the past. So....I don't know why Cincy coaches vote for non-Cincy teams.

bucksman 09-25-17 06:19 PM

Most teams schedules are done by October/November, at least the vast majority of it. There was probably no thought of Carroll moving up to D1, so they scheduled to being a high-end D2 team. Now that it's likely they're going to stay D1, they'll schedule to that. Same thing with other teams that bumped up due to the multiplier.

Easy to figure out Dayton Carroll's ranking. History of success, very strong record, you're going to get ranked.

Bearcat_phan 09-26-17 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winbypin (Post 6848745)
LOL. Centerville also tied Springboro 2-2. Carroll beat Wayne 2-0. Centerville beat Wayne 2-1. For common opponents pretty similar results. Carroll still has to play Fairmont, Alter & Lebanon who Centerville has already played. I am sure a part of their ranking is their history.

Carroll just moved to D1. I am sure their schedule was set prior to the move to D1. They are in the GCL so some games can't be changed but there are good teams in that league. I bet they add more D1 teams going forward.

As far as why they are ranked in both Cincy & Dayton....I don't know. I've asked that before as other GCL Dayton teams are in the Cincy poll too. Someone said Dayton Christian & Yellow Springs have also been voted into the Cincy polls in the past. So....I don't know why Cincy coaches vote for non-Cincy teams.

My thought on Centerville being ranked higher comes from the fact they beat Mason and tied Lakota West so by comparison I think they've got a stronger resume. I didn't really compare common opponents to date...we'll see how they fair come tournament time.

winbypin 09-26-17 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat_phan (Post 6849522)
My thought on Centerville being ranked higher comes from the fact they beat Mason and tied Lakota West so by comparison I think they've got a stronger resume. I didn't really compare common opponents to date...we'll see how they fair come tournament time.

But the loss to Lakota East probably didn't help either.

Centerville is ranked. They just aren't getting enough votes to be in the top 10. Few weeks left to see if that changes. And if they still feel slighted, prove it in the tournament where it matters most!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.