Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority

Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority (http://www.yappi.com/forums/index.php)
-   Girls Soccer (http://www.yappi.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Coaching Changes (http://www.yappi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=309464)

werns63 01-04-18 02:34 PM

Coaching Changes
 
Saw on OHSAA There is quite a few schools as usual that are needing new coaches:

Ursuline
Seton
MND
Mercy-McAuley
Princeton

Only Cincy ones I could find on there.
Any others?

Please post when filled.

Futbol2017 01-04-18 04:25 PM

Thought MND was filled?

cincysports4 01-04-18 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Futbol2017 (Post 6955450)
Thought MND was filled?

With who?

Futbol2017 01-04-18 04:33 PM

My bad. What happened to Roger Claus?
Thought Princeton had a young guy that was leading them in the right direction.
Also saw that Princeton was applying to ECC???

werns63 01-05-18 08:32 AM

Roger Claus got let go before the season was over with. Believe he didnt get his paperwork in.

MND is searching for a new coach.


Princeton's young coach, resigned at the end of the season.


Saw Ursuline just hired Keith Schaeper. Looks like he works with Sycamore Premier Soccer Club as the GK trainer. Previously was an asst. at Moeller and was the Elder Varsity Head Coach for several years.

PantherDad 01-05-18 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by werns63 (Post 6955803)
Roger Claus got let go before the season was over with. Believe he didnt get his paperwork in.

MND is searching for a new coach.


Princeton's young coach, resigned at the end of the season.


Saw Ursuline just hired Keith Schaeper. Looks like he works with Sycamore Premier Soccer Club as the GK trainer. Previously was an asst. at Moeller and was the Elder Varsity Head Coach for several years.

I feel sorry for UA...He was a disaster at Elder!

ammtd34 01-05-18 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PantherDad (Post 6955911)
I feel sorry for UA...He was a disaster at Elder!

This year?

PantherDad 01-05-18 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ammtd34 (Post 6956112)
This year?

No, back around 2010,11 & 12.

outsideobserver11 01-06-18 02:18 PM

Miamisburg is open in the Dayton area, I think they have a lot of promise in the coming years. Not sure who is in the running, but did hear they lost a good candidate that dropped out for a college job.

Conan73 01-06-18 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by werns63 (Post 6955803)
Roger Claus got let go before the season was over with. Believe he didnt get his paperwork in.

MND is searching for a new coach.


Princeton's young coach, resigned at the end of the season.


Saw Ursuline just hired Keith Schaeper. Looks like he works with Sycamore Premier Soccer Club as the GK trainer. Previously was an asst. at Moeller and was the Elder Varsity Head Coach for several years.

The Princeton coach took a job with Warren County.

TheDuq 01-08-18 09:30 AM

Any word on Columbus Openings for girls?

- Bishop Ready
- Dublin Scioto
- Westerville North
- Licking Heights

sportsfanofyear 01-11-18 08:58 AM

16 year Westlake girls' coach Dough Jones (2017 GCSCAA D1 Coach of Year) retired after this season and now 10 year Bay girls' coach Jack Griffiths (2011 GCSSCA D2 Coach of Year) just announced his retirement.

3343 01-11-18 09:43 AM

Vandalia Buter in Dayton is listed on OHSAA site

werns63 01-11-18 11:45 AM

Wyoming is open as well.

xscoutsoc 01-11-18 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PantherDad (Post 6956123)
No, back around 2010,11 & 12.

Regardless of how Elder did 6 years ago, good luck to Coach Schaeper and the Ursuline program! Always lots of potential there, so hoping it goes well for all involved.

jed the fish show 01-11-18 02:24 PM

wonder if the future coach at Bay will also teach the famous Bay 'late swipe' after the ref stops watching? Just curious.......

Soccer Toe 01-24-18 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by werns63 (Post 6955803)
Roger Claus got let go before the season was over with. Believe he didnt get his paperwork in.

MND is searching for a new coach.


Princeton's young coach, resigned at the end of the season.


Saw Ursuline just hired Keith Schaeper. Looks like he works with Sycamore Premier Soccer Club as the GK trainer. Previously was an asst. at Moeller and was the Elder Varsity Head Coach for several years.

Regarding Roger: What paperwork did he not get in? Seems odd.
Regarding Keith: I agree, good luck.

PantherDad 01-26-18 12:48 PM

SUA & OSU grad Marissa Wolf is the new head coach at Seton.

fearthekeeper 01-27-18 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PantherDad (Post 6972351)
SUA & OSU grad Marissa Wolf is the new head coach at Seton.

It's odd that they hired someone with little to no experience when they had a few really qualified candidates.

Soccer Toe 01-29-18 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fearthekeeper (Post 6973059)
It's odd that they hired someone with little to no experience when they had a few really qualified candidates.

It's not the 1st odd hire. Remember the Dr.

Conan73 01-29-18 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fearthekeeper (Post 6973059)
It's odd that they hired someone with little to no experience when they had a few really qualified candidates.

It looks like she was an assistant there for a 1 1/2 years, and she was a 3 year starter at OSU. What's odd about this hire?

ammtd34 01-29-18 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conan73 (Post 6974253)
It looks like she was an assistant there for a 1 1/2 years, and she was a 3 year starter at OSU. What's odd about this hire?

I agree. Her playing experience also gives her insight that "qualified" coaches might not have. Just because there were other people qualified doesn't mean this is a bad hire.

fearthekeeper 01-29-18 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conan73 (Post 6974253)
It looks like she was an assistant there for a 1 1/2 years, and she was a 3 year starter at OSU. What's odd about this hire?

Itís odd that she has no head coaching experience and no experience managing a program or dealing with parents, administrators etc. Being a JV Assitant for a year is way different than being a Varsity Head Coach. Some of the best players make terrible coaches and some very average players make really good coaches. Only time will tell and I wish her the best of luck.

belied dat 01-30-18 08:31 AM

It's odd that so many people are quick to discredit a coaching hire because someone is "young." To me, it's great that a young, ambitious coach is getting a chance with her own program. I have no idea who else was "qualified" or applied, but there's probably a reason she was hired. Yes, it does help being a female and that's okay. Odds are, no one on here knows anything about her as a coach or person -- especially those making comments about the "odd hire."

Conan73 01-30-18 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by belied dat (Post 6974883)
It's odd that so many people are quick to discredit a coaching hire because someone is "young." To me, it's great that a young, ambitious coach is getting a chance with her own program. I have no idea who else was "qualified" or applied, but there's probably a reason she was hired. Yes, it does help being a female and that's okay. Odds are, no one on here knows anything about her as a coach or person -- especially those making comments about the "odd hire."

Every experienced coach had to start somewhere. So, maybe she will be a good coach.

I would argue that Seton could be a great place for a young coach to start out. The school rarely gets the elite club players needed to compete for league titles and to advance in the state tournament. The girls there just want to have a chance to play. So, this could be a perfect place for someone to start out....there's less pressure to win it all

CitrusCrunch 01-30-18 04:58 PM

less pressure then why replace the coach had to be some pressure i guess

belied dat 01-31-18 08:34 AM

Thanks Conan, absolutely right that coaches have to start somewhere. Great to see this young gal giving back to the game that's given her so much. It's nice she's in it early too.

I know nothing of the Seton situation. So, cannot comment on why there was a coaching change. I would assume the change was not due to "pressure to win." If there's "pressure," it simply could be "pressure to do better than what the team was doing."

ammtd34 01-31-18 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fearthekeeper (Post 6974486)
Itís odd that she has no head coaching experience and no experience managing a program or dealing with parents, administrators etc. Being a JV Assitant for a year is way different than being a Varsity Head Coach. Some of the best players make terrible coaches and some very average players make really good coaches. Only time will tell and I wish her the best of luck.

You do realize that every head coach was once a first year head coach, right?

Sports_Fan_ 02-13-18 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by werns63 (Post 6955347)
Saw on OHSAA There is quite a few schools as usual that are needing new coaches:

Ursuline
Seton
MND
Mercy-McAuley
Princeton

Only Cincy ones I could find on there.
Any others?

Please post when filled.

Anything, on these jobs being filled? I read on here the Seton job was taken, but havenít heard about the others. Also saw Ross job was open kinda late to looking for a coach for them.

Conan73 02-13-18 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sports_Fan_ (Post 6986132)
Anything, on these jobs being filled? I read on here the Seton job was taken, but havenít heard about the others. Also saw Ross job was open kinda late to looking for a coach for them.

MND hired Kiersten Johnson. Similar story as Seton's hire. She was an assistant JV coach for about a year. Played high school soccer in the area. Went to Toledo where she had a standout career.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:51 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.