Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority

Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority (http://www.yappi.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boys Basketball (http://www.yappi.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Coaches on the hot seat 🔥 (http://www.yappi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=299937)

Hoopsman25 02-15-17 07:37 PM

Coaches on the hot seat 🔥
 
What coaches are on the hot seat?

Hoopsman25 02-15-17 07:44 PM

Have heard blanch at southern swat is very warm? Is this true?

yakyak 02-15-17 08:24 PM

This is a dumb thread. Take your agenda elsewhere.

Look Ma No Hands 02-15-17 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yakyak (Post 6702673)
This is a dumb thread. Take your agenda elsewhere.

I agree. This is high school athletics.

Red Right 88 02-16-17 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoopsman25 (Post 6702660)
Have heard blanch at southern swat is very warm? Is this true?

Heard the same thing, common knowledge. He's been told to play your son more or he'll be shown the door.

OHIOVSTW419 02-16-17 08:58 AM

Solid first and second post. This seems like it should be on Facebook, not here

USMC_Key 02-16-17 10:42 AM

Why! Why start this thread!?

thePITman 02-16-17 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yakyak (Post 6702673)
This is a dumb thread. Take your agenda elsewhere.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Look Ma No Hands (Post 6702749)
I agree. This is high school athletics.

Quote:

Originally Posted by OHIOVSTW419 (Post 6702865)
Solid first and second post. This seems like it should be on Facebook, not here

Quote:

Originally Posted by USMC_Key (Post 6702991)
Why! Why start this thread!?

My thoughts exactly.

CometCountry 02-16-17 11:50 AM

Mods shut this stupid thread down!

summit county player 02-16-17 01:31 PM

These responses are exactly why there are so many weak coaches out there! Whats that mean its high school athletics? So lets just anybody coach the team? If there are no incentives for winning and no consequences for losing why even play the games?? Why even compete?

Look Ma No Hands 02-16-17 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by summit county player (Post 6703180)
These responses are exactly why there are so many weak coaches out there! Whats that mean its high school athletics? So lets just anybody coach the team? If there are no incentives for winning and no consequences for losing why even play the games?? Why even compete?

This thread has nothing to do with why there are "weak" coaches. Every fan in the stands is already an "expert." Especially the parents. You don't have to work hard at a game to find these expert opinions. They are all there. And yes, there is pressure to succeed from administration as well. This thread certainly adds no additional pressure to any coach. The "high school" reference (compared to college and pros) refers to a number of factors. Things like: A) the "salary" differences (this is a small side-job for coaches, who get paid for their season but work year-round), B) the fact that in high school the "educational value" of athletics is to be considered more than just winning games, etc., and C) are high school coaching jobs supposed to be high visibility jobs like college and pro jobs, where every breath is over-analyzed? When a coach takes a college or pro coaching gig, they know they are jumping into the fire. But high school? Really?

So you are OK with a thread that suggests that a small-town, likely family-oriented man or woman should lose his/her job? Do you have a thread for teachers? Plumbers? Dentists?

You are OK with a thread that allows any numbskull with no expertise (or possibly any first-hand knowledge) to get on a public forum and hide behind a fake name to bash someone for whatever their reason (agenda was the word used)?

And more specifically, this "Hoopsman25" who joined Yappi just to start this thread with this being his first post ever and acts like he is just curious for all of our opinions. And then literally 7 minutes later offers the first suggestion about who should lose their job. Seriously? Cmon!

And if you want to know why there are so many weak coaches out there, its not because of this thread. It's because parents don't want "strong" coaches. These strong coaches just might expect something out of little Johnny. As entitled parents they make phone calls about their entitled child. Johnny doesn't do anything wrong. He should start even though he's never worked at it. The strongest coaches might survive. Maybe.

My $0.02.

USMC_Key 02-16-17 02:03 PM

Yes, SCP, that is exactly what these replies mean. How you can interpret those replies into what you think is beyond me...

It simply means that if there is an issue with a coach, or even the coach's job, taking to Yappi isn't the right forum....

USMC_Key 02-16-17 02:05 PM

Wow!!! Well said, "Look Ma No Hands"!!!!! Perfectly said!

yakyak 02-16-17 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Look Ma No Hands (Post 6703222)
This thread has nothing to do with why there are "weak" coaches. Every fan in the stands is already an "expert." Especially the parents. You don't have to work hard at a game to find these expert opinions. They are all there. And yes, there is pressure to succeed from administration as well. This thread certainly adds no additional pressure to any coach. The "high school" reference (compared to college and pros) refers to a number of factors. Things like: A) the "salary" differences (this is a small side-job for coaches, who get paid for their season but work year-round), B) the fact that in high school the "educational value" of athletics is to be considered more than just winning games, etc., and C) are high school coaching jobs supposed to be high visibility jobs like college and pro jobs, where every breath is over-analyzed? When a coach takes a college or pro coaching gig, they know they are jumping into the fire. But high school? Really?

So you are OK with a thread that suggests that a small-town, likely family-oriented man or woman should lose his/her job? Do you have a thread for teachers? Plumbers? Dentists?

You are OK with a thread that allows any numbskull with no expertise (or possibly any first-hand knowledge) to get on a public forum and hide behind a fake name to bash someone for whatever their reason (agenda was the word used)?

And more specifically, this "Hoopsman25" who joined Yappi just to start this thread with this being his first post ever and acts like he is just curious for all of our opinions. And then literally 7 minutes later offers the first suggestion about who should lose their job. Seriously? Cmon!

And if you want to know why there are so many weak coaches out there, its not because of this thread. It's because parents don't want "strong" coaches. These strong coaches just might expect something out of little Johnny. As entitled parents they make phone calls about their entitled child. Johnny doesn't do anything wrong. He should start even though he's never worked at it. The strongest coaches might survive. Maybe.

My $0.02.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

summit county player 02-16-17 02:24 PM

I agree well put!

Hoopsman25 02-16-17 03:11 PM

Just to let you know, the website for all of them is Angie's list. There are many websites that show if these doctors or any field is good. So get your facts straight. Also websites like rate my teachers are out there and get many hits. Also it is public knowledge on any teacher reprimanded or their school email. I hope you do some research next time you post. But you did your research on me but nothing else. 👍🏻

thePITman 02-16-17 03:55 PM

Well said, Look Ma No Hands.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoopsman25 (Post 6703292)
Just to let you know, the website for all of them is Angie's list. There are many websites that show if these doctors or any field is good. So get your facts straight. Also websites like rate my teachers are out there and get many hits. Also it is public knowledge on any teacher reprimanded or their school email. I hope you do some research next time you post. But you did your research on me but nothing else. ����

https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/...8/55831618.jpg

yakyak 02-16-17 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoopsman25 (Post 6703292)
Just to let you know, the website for all of them is Angie's list. There are many websites that show if these doctors or any field is good. So get your facts straight. Also websites like rate my teachers are out there and get many hits. Also it is public knowledge on any teacher reprimanded or their school email. I hope you do some research next time you post. But you did your research on me but nothing else. 👍🏻

what?

thePITman 02-16-17 04:09 PM

I think Hoopsman25's post would have been more well received had he started a thread about a specific school and coach, and go into (and invite) detail as to what that coach has done well and not so well, etc., potentially leading that coach being on the proverbial "hot seat."

But by starting the thread as, "Coaches on the hot seat" and asking a general question, openly inviting people to talk negatively about coaches who are all still employed, who they think should not be employed as coaches, and then immediately showing that his real agenda was one coach in particular... that's the part that is annoying, to be honest.

IcyCoolDevil 02-16-17 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by summit county player (Post 6703180)
These responses are exactly why there are so many weak coaches out there! Whats that mean its high school athletics? So lets just anybody coach the team? If there are no incentives for winning and no consequences for losing why even play the games?? Why even compete?

Please reference the thread on the Football page entitled 'Ohio Continues with InsideOut Initiative to combat "Win-at-all-costs" Sports Mentality.

yakyak 02-16-17 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by summit county player (Post 6703180)
These responses are exactly why there are so many weak coaches out there! Whats that mean its high school athletics? So lets just anybody coach the team? If there are no incentives for winning and no consequences for losing why even play the games?? Why even compete?

Before I rip you, let me give you a chance. What are you defining as winning and losing.

Raider6309 02-16-17 05:00 PM

https://tse4.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M...b30o0&pid=15.1

NotCharlesBarkley 02-16-17 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoopsman25 (Post 6702655)
What coaches are on the hot seat?

Maybe the coaches at the privates schools used to going down to states every year, lol. Or teachers that coach in a school outside of their home district.

The public schools usually have a union contract that gives priorities to their own teachers as coaches. Unless these coaches do something really stupid, it's almost too painful to fire them after a bad season and then see them in the halls everyday.

I liked the thread better on who were the best coaches, not the ones who are about to get fired. Most of these try pretty hard and want to win. But they can only win with what the parents give them to work with and some years, there isn't much.

BigWorm 02-17-17 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoopsman25 (Post 6702655)
What coaches are on the hot seat?

Great thread, I think this is a must. You have some coaches stealing money. If Dente doesn't win districts I think he will feel that seat on fire.:grouphug::dang:

BigWorm 02-17-17 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by summit county player (Post 6703180)
These responses are exactly why there are so many weak coaches out there! Whats that mean its high school athletics? So lets just anybody coach the team? If there are no incentives for winning and no consequences for losing why even play the games?? Why even compete?

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::c lap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

USMC_Key 02-17-17 10:21 AM

They are right. There are sites out there that rate doctors, lawyers, teachers, etc. Those sites are open to rating and those doctors, lawyers, and teachers are named by names and take the public criticism.

With that being said, I believe that this should be a two way street. If you're going to call out coaches (or doctors, lawyers) for being on the hot seat, you should attach your name to it....'

So, BigWorm and Hoopsman... what are your real first and last names? Please post them. If you're serious about this post, you will have no qualms placing your name to the complaint.

Please state your first and last names....

BigWorm 02-17-17 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USMC_Key (Post 6703851)
They are right. There are sites out there that rate doctors, lawyers, teachers, etc. Those sites are open to rating and those doctors, lawyers, and teachers are named by names and take the public criticism.

With that being said, I believe that this should be a two way street. If you're going to call out coaches (or doctors, lawyers) for being on the hot seat, you should attach your name to it....'

So, BigWorm and Hoopsman... what are your real first and last names? Please post them. If you're serious about this post, you will have no qualms placing your name to the complaint.

Please state your first and last names....


Why would I post my name? I would not be able to bash coaches anonymously and still be able to hang around them. They would know who I was

BigWorm 02-17-17 12:23 PM

Those who want this shutdown are the ones I used to shove in their lockers when I was in school.

team all in 02-17-17 12:25 PM

As a taxpayer that's pays these ridiculous coaching salaries I don't see why we can't use their names? I also like the guy calling out the other guy wanting his name while he hides behind his screen name. :thumb:

afwpatfire 02-17-17 12:37 PM

The ridiculous coaching salaries?!?!?!?!

Maybe at some schools, but most times coaches are underpaid for all of the scrutiny and time that they put in combined with parent and community expectations.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:29 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.