Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority

Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority (http://www.yappi.com/forums/index.php)
-   Football (http://www.yappi.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Hoban 2018 (http://www.yappi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=313665)

clarkgriswold 06-13-18 07:32 AM

Hoban 2018

Hoban comes off of its third state championship heading into the 2018 season. The team suffered some talent loss to graduation, but returns some top notch talent. You'd have to think they are a favorite in D2. Chime in on your thoughts for the upcoming season.

Copley King 06-13-18 11:47 AM

Last year's freshman class was amazing, looking forward to seeing some of them playing variety this season... Especially QB Jordon Mick, RB Colby Campbell and RB/LB Damon Ollison...

the123kidz 06-13-18 07:04 PM

How will Mick get on the field? Did Hamm transfer? If both are still there Mick has no chance other than an injury to play.

Paydirt 06-13-18 07:05 PM

Iím excited to see Martavian Johnson.

Fake Taxi 06-13-18 07:12 PM

Caden Clark is back this year. Expect him to do some big things after a monster year at Moeller last year. Dudes an animal

ArmChairCoach 06-13-18 07:20 PM

Did Caden Clark even play at Moeller? Honest question, cause it seemed like he was back at Hoban half way through the season.

Bobby77 06-13-18 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArmChairCoach (Post 7057038)
Did Caden Clark even play at Moeller? Honest question, cause it seemed like he was back at Hoban half way through the season.

He did play but came to Hoban after week 10. He was the #2 TE. Moeller had a senior 4 star kid ahead of him. He will be very good this year. He is very big and has great hands.

Bobby77 06-13-18 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paydirt (Post 7057031)
Iím excited to see Martavian Johnson.

No you Are not.

Bobby77 06-13-18 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Copley King (Post 7056821)
Last year's freshman class was amazing, looking forward to seeing some of them playing variety this season... Especially QB Jordon Mick, RB Colby Campbell and RB/LB Damon Ollison...

This yearís freshman class might be better.

Cougarfan22 06-13-18 07:31 PM

Mick would be a starting QB at most schools but probably not at Hoban. I would look for him to show up in the secondary and back up QB. He will be somewhere on the field, too good not to be. I would look for several other Soph’s to play significant roles as well. Last years freshman class was loaded with skill players. Look for big freshman to maybe get time in the OL too. Familiar name for some out there.

Copley King 06-13-18 08:11 PM

This years freshman seem to have more big boys but No where near the same level at the skilled positions...Hamm,Mick,Campball,Johnson,Buaer,Ollis on,Stallworth..Word is two of the young knight LB are weighing 210 plus and varsity ready, Put them in the mix with the upper classmen from last year and the knights look pretty good...

Bobby77 06-13-18 08:16 PM

The size of this class will be a very good compliment to last year’s class.^^^^^^

Hoban will be as good this year as they have been the last three and this might be the weakest year of the next three.

Copley King 06-13-18 08:43 PM

The knights lose a lot next year on the OL, that will be the test year for the knights.... I hear Clark is a monster should give Hamm or Mick a huge target on the field, the two young running backs Ollison and Campbell should be fun to watch develop behind Chipp and Dickerson...

Football Fan 1 06-13-18 09:11 PM

Is this the year Hoban can finally win a game against one of the better D1 teams (Ignatius, Edís, Mentor, Moeller, etc) in the state? With all the success theyíve had theyíve yet to prove they can beat the big boys.

Bobby77 06-13-18 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Football Fan 1 (Post 7057071)
Is this the year Hoban can finally win a game against one of the better D1 teams (Ignatius, Ed’s, Mentor, Moeller, etc) in the state? With all the success they’ve had they’ve yet to prove they can beat the big boys.

For what it is worth, the big boys they picked to play are the best in the state and most of the big boys have lost to them too. It will be tough to take a bunch of underclassmen and play a primarily senior Ed’s or Iggy team so early in the year. I would rather see them play near the end. They did beat a playoff McKinley team by about 70 points over two years and should have beat Ed’s when they played. Winton Woods was a big boy team in the state last year and they did well. Time will tell.

Bobby77 06-13-18 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DB 04 (Post 7057068)
He will be getting touches at QB in NCL games. Hoban will be killing teams in the "snowflake league."

Not sure snowflake is fair. Not many leagues could move 4 of six teams up a division, have them still make the playoffs and produce a state champion in an upper division making the 4th consecutive year this snowflake league produced a state title and a good chance for a fifth.

I personally donít think it is tough but the above is true. This is their conference, you canít hold it against them. They can barely fill one open spot, getting out would cause too much of a scheduling headache.

Copley King 06-13-18 09:36 PM

I wouldn't be shocked if they were to beat Ignatius this year....Hobans underclassmen are fearless and very skilled, I'm thinking they will shock a lot of people...Think about it they've been coached up so well they don't know how to lose and have NO fear of the so called big boy teams

Football Fan 1 06-13-18 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Copley King (Post 7057063)
The knights lose a lot next year on the OL, that will be the test year for the knights.... I hear Clark is a monster should give Hamm or Mick a huge target on the field, the two young running backs Ollison and Campbell should be fun to watch develop behind Chipp and Dickerson...

Youíre kidding yourself if you think Mick is ever going to play QB at Hoban while Hamm is there. Hamm is the real deal...and is only going to get better and better and better the next 3 years. Sounds like Mick will get on the field which speaks to his ability. Hope he likes defense.

Cougarfan22 06-13-18 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Football Fan 1 (Post 7057071)
Is this the year Hoban can finally win a game against one of the better D1 teams (Ignatius, Edís, Mentor, Moeller, etc) in the state? With all the success theyíve had theyíve yet to prove they can beat the big boys.

At least they take a game with the big boys. Losing by a combined total of 17 points to Edís and IGGY in 2 games is better than I ever thought they would do. Going 42-3 over 3 years against their schedule is not too shabby. But to answer your question, yes this could be the year. But if it doesnít happen, Iíll take another 14-1 and be happy.

Bobby77 06-13-18 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Copley King (Post 7057063)

They lose two on the OL. They had to replace three in 2016 and two in 2017. This year is not as thin as people make it. Add two lead backs with Esterling and Blanchard and a big tight end and I think their power run game might be the best of the past 5 years.

Bobby77 06-13-18 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Football Fan 1 (Post 7057083)
Youíre kidding yourself if you think Mick is ever going to play QB at Hoban while Hamm is there. Hamm is the real deal...and is only going to get better and better and better the next 3 years. Sounds like Mick will get on the field which speaks to his ability. Hope he likes defense.

Mick is a very tough defensive player and will make Hoban the deepest they have been at QB in quite a while. Salopek played QB as a freshman and his move to defense yielded him free college. Mickís best chance for college is defense or receiver. Mick and Hamm are closer than people like to believe in terms of ability but Hamm is light years ahead in football IQ.

Paydirt 06-13-18 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby77 (Post 7057042)
No you Are not.

Sure I am. He was a stud. Any chance he will see varsity time this year?

Bobby77 06-13-18 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paydirt (Post 7057102)
Sure I am. He was a stud. Any chance he will see varsity time this year?

Not at Hoban

Paydirt 06-13-18 10:16 PM

Whereíd he go?????? What happened???????

Bobby77 06-13-18 10:17 PM

Your guess is as good mine.

Bucksfan1 06-13-18 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paydirt (Post 7057105)
Whereíd he go?????? What happened???????

He was expelled. Locker room incident.

hoban2020 06-13-18 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cougarfan22 (Post 7057087)
At least they take a game with the big boys. Losing by a combined total of 17 points to Edís and IGGY in 2 games is better than I ever thought they would do. Going 42-3 over 3 years against their schedule is not too shabby. But to answer your question, yes this could be the year. But if it doesnít happen, Iíll take another 14-1 and be happy.

They also have problems with the big boys because Edís and Ignatiusís have 300+ boys per grade while Hoban has between 100-110 boys per grade.

Without making any excuses, the raw numbers alone make it an uphill climb for the squad with 2/3 fewer kids to form their team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bobby77 06-13-18 10:41 PM

They are not supposed to beat Iggy or Ed’s. It is what it is. Mogadore shouldn’t beat Hoban or SVSM. That doesn’t take away their accomplishments. That is why there are different classes.

Football Fan 1 06-14-18 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cougarfan22 (Post 7057087)

I give Hoban full credit for playing the big boys. As the end of the season to be considered one of the best teams in the state, teams have to play...and beat the big boys. As you indicated, the games the last two years have been very competitive.

clarkgriswold 06-14-18 07:16 AM

"To be the man, you gotta beat the man! Wooooooooooooooooooooo!"- Ric Flair.