Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority

Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority (http://www.yappi.com/forums/index.php)
-   Football (http://www.yappi.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Winton Woods (http://www.yappi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=315941)

gocards 09-13-18 10:42 AM

Winton Woods

Can any of our posters that are knowledgeable about the Winton Woods situation tell me why Winton Woods is still an independent? In my opinion they would be a major upgrade to any conference in the area, particularly in football. I would love to see them play Colerain on a regular basis in football instead of some of the conference affiliations that we presently have.

I find it hard to believe that a program of the status of Winton Woods would be unwelcome in all of the major conferences in the area. To me they don't seem to be much different than Colerain.

Is it because they prefer to be an independent?

Please discuss.

JetSweepAudible22 09-13-18 11:06 AM

Itís pretty simple - they recruit pretty heavily for football and no one wants them in their conference. SWOC and ECC both said no. They also donít compete that well in other sports.

gocards 09-13-18 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetSweepAudible22 (Post 7111282)
Itís pretty simple - they recruit pretty heavily for football and no one wants them in their conference. SWOC and ECC both said no. They also donít compete that well in other sports.

Very few schools compete well in all sports including Colerain. That is reflected in Colerain's 18 year GMC winning streak in football. Nobody fears Colerain in other sports.

Pull-to-Trap 09-13-18 11:20 AM

Conferences like well rounded sports programs. They don't like the recruiting and other things that go on with football along with the lack of participation in other sports. Schools like that gate and even though the football is strong how well do they travel?

gocards 09-13-18 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pull-to-Trap (Post 7111298)
Conferences like well rounded sports programs. They don't like the recruiting and other things that go on with football along with the lack of participation in other sports. Schools like that gate and even though the football is strong how well do they travel?

Winton Woods isn't the only program in the area that is not well rounded and I would think a Winton Woods road game would increase the revenue for just about anybody they play over their present opponents.

Pull-to-Trap 09-13-18 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gocards (Post 7111309)
Winton Woods isn't the only program in the area that is not well rounded and I would think a Winton Woods road game would increase the revenue for just about anybody they play over their present opponents.

Not if they bring 20-30 people. That's no revenue at all.

reporter07 09-13-18 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gocards (Post 7111309)

Yeah. There is clearly more to it than alleged recruiting and not fielding country club teams.

gocards 09-13-18 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pull-to-Trap (Post 7111312)
Not if they bring 20-30 people. That's no revenue at all.

If Winton Woods played at Colerain the game would draw more fans than any opponent that Colerain plays other than the GCL games.

Pull-to-Trap 09-13-18 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reporter07 (Post 7111313)
Yeah. There is clearly more to it than alleged recruiting and not fielding country club teams.

Country club teams? Like baseball? Golf? Vollyball? Track? Tennis? Academic team? Swim team? Cross country? Soft ball? Which?

gocards 09-13-18 11:38 AM

Quote:

Exactly. Colerain doesn't field teams in all of the country club sports either.

Pull-to-Trap 09-13-18 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gocards (Post 7111317)
If Winton Woods played at Colerain the game would draw more fans than any opponent that Colerain plays other than the GCL games.

But in the SWOC they would have to travel to Little Miami, Ross, Edgewood, Talawanda, Harrison etc...

They don't go themselves and those games aren't drawing just high school football fans looking for a good game like what would show up to WW v Colerain.

gocards 09-13-18 11:45 AM

DonMajicRon where are you? I would love to hear your input if you haven't been driven from the site. Some of us still appreciate your knowledge of the local football scene even if we don't always agree.

queencitybuckeye 09-13-18 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetSweepAudible22 (Post 7111282)
Itís pretty simple - they recruit pretty heavily for football and no one wants them in their conference.

Translated, they don't want to get their butts kicked.

Pull-to-Trap 09-13-18 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by queencitybuckeye (Post 7111331)
Translated, they don't want to get their butts kicked.

Yeah I'm sure that's what it is.

Over The Hills 09-13-18 11:57 AM

I love when HS football coaches post to Yappi under their ďuser nameĒ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Over The Hills 09-13-18 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gocards (Post 7111317)

Cards I am with you and would LOVE an annual Colerain v Winton Woods game.

It would be awesome.

reporter07 09-13-18 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pull-to-Trap (Post 7111319)
Country club teams? Like baseball? Golf? Vollyball? Track? Tennis? Academic team? Swim team? Cross country? Soft ball? Which?

Well, all of those except baseball and softball.

Pull-to-Trap 09-13-18 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reporter07 (Post 7111345)
Well, all of those except baseball and softball.

Lol, ok..............

reporter07 09-13-18 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pull-to-Trap (Post 7111346)
Lol, ok..............

Assuming you disagree?

Over The Hills 09-13-18 12:07 PM

WW is open enrollment.
Not hard to transfer there if kids want to.

So what do the players get from WW when they are ďrecruitedĒ to go to school there?

New car?
Cash?
House?

How bout they donít have to play for coaches anymore that always come up with an excuse for losing like ..... oh I donít know ...... recruiting.

Pull-to-Trap 09-13-18 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reporter07 (Post 7111349)
Assuming you disagree?

Big ole DII school with all sorts of assets can't compete in anything but football and basketball? I don't understand.

Pope Francis 1 09-13-18 12:10 PM

Quote:

My Suicide Bombers pride themselves on very solid teams in the country club sports! We excel in swimming, golf, tennis, and Iím lobbying the GCL to add polo. Iíve only traveled once from my estate in Indian Hill to Colerain Twp. That trip wasnít for a football game, but rather to show my kids Mt. Rumpke.

Over The Hills 09-13-18 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pope Francis 1 (Post 7111357)
My Suicide Bombers pride themselves on very solid teams in the country club sports! We excel in swimming, golf, tennis, and Iím lobbying the GCL to add polo. Iíve only traveled once from my estate in Indian Hill to Colerain Twp. That trip wasnít for a football game, but rather to show my kids Mt. Rumpke.

Pope I thought you only went to Colerain TWP to go to Munchkinland back in the day.
Jump out and ring the bell!

Over The Hills 09-13-18 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pull-to-Trap (Post 7111353)
Big ole DII school with all sorts of assets can't compete in anything but football and basketball? I don't understand.

You should get out more.
There are schools of all sizes all over Ohio that are not competitive in most sports. Ever.

reporter07 09-13-18 12:15 PM

Quote:

X has a water polo team!

reporter07 09-13-18 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pull-to-Trap (Post 7111353)

Winton Woods has lots of assets?

Pull-to-Trap 09-13-18 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Over The Hills (Post 7111361)
You should get out more.
There are schools of all sizes all over Ohio that are not competitive in most sports. Ever.

Competitive? If you want in a conference start by just fielding a team. The OP asked about why WW isn't in a conference.

Field the teams and show up would be a start.

Otherwise you're a revenue and scheduling problem not a good conference addition.

Pull-to-Trap 09-13-18 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reporter07 (Post 7111363)
Winton Woods has lots of assets?

Isn't state funding based on enrollment. WW assets are therefore better than Ross, but they field their teams.

gocards 09-13-18 12:49 PM

Quote:

For the deluxe tour walk them across the Colerain Bridge.

93 red ls 09-13-18 12:52 PM

it is my understanding that a few years ago the CMAC offered WW a spot, they declined.

Since had asked to join and were told no.

was "rumor" around with some of the coaching staffs in the cmac