Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority

Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority (http://www.yappi.com/forums/index.php)
-   Professional Basketball (http://www.yappi.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Phil Jackson (http://www.yappi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=303303)

Descartes 06-22-17 12:58 AM

Phil Jackson
 
I'm not big into the NBA at all, and I certainly don't give a damn about the Knicks. However, Phil trying to trade Porzingis out of spite really rubs me the wrong way. It's a completely unprofessional move and if necessary, the League should think about blocking any kind of deal. Jackson's repurgation is taking a big hit.

WinstonSmith 06-22-17 05:58 AM

It already has. He's gotta be one of the worst GMs the game has seen. Total moron when it comes to talking to the media and players.

Taco MacArthur 06-22-17 06:18 AM

I'm almost convinced Phil is trying to screw Dolan for ruining the Knicks.

However, I disagree that a trade should be blocked.

clarkgriswold 06-22-17 08:39 AM

I agree that Phil's a mess. Talk about sullying one's own legacy. However, blocking trades is a slippery slope. Also, it's a little early to start blocking when we don't even know what the offer would be. Porzingis is the type of talent a team with assets might well overpay for.

eastside_purple 06-22-17 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Descartes (Post 6781270)
I'm not big into the NBA at all, and I certainly don't give a damn about the Knicks. However, Phil trying to trade Porzingis out of spite really rubs me the wrong way. It's a completely unprofessional move and if necessary, the League should think about blocking any kind of deal. Jackson's repurgation is taking a big hit.

:laugh: wtf? Why can't Jackson trade him for any reason he wants, no matter how boneheaded?

clarkgriswold 06-22-17 10:14 AM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DC5H6IYXkAEgOhd.jpg

cabezadecaballo 06-22-17 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur (Post 6781288)
I'm almost convinced Phil is trying to screw Dolan for ruining the Knicks.

However, I disagree that a trade should be blocked.

Uh, Phil is an accomplice in ruining the Knicks.

He's not succeeded as a coach without an alpha like MJ or Kobe to set the tone, and maybe even be his "bad cop". It sure wasn't going to be Carmelo. He's not succeeded without a top GM sending him players.

Phil is out of his element. Another Mike Holmgren, gettin' paid on past rep by a dumb owner. Nothing more.

cabezadecaballo 06-22-17 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clarkgriswold (Post 6781365)

Downward-trending zen master :(

Taco MacArthur 06-22-17 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo (Post 6781368)
Uh, Phil is an accomplice in ruining the Knicks.

He's not succeeded as a coach without an alpha like MJ or Kobe to set the tone, and maybe even be his "bad cop". It sure wasn't going to be Carmelo. He's not succeeded without a top GM sending him players.

Phil is out of his element. Another Mike Holmgren, gettin' paid on past rep by a dumb owner. Nothing more.

The Knicks were ruined well before Phil got there. Hence my joke comment that Phil is getting revenge by ruining them even worse and costing Dolan money. Christ you're an idiot.

eastside_purple 06-22-17 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo (Post 6781368)
Uh, Phil is an accomplice in ruining the Knicks.

He's not succeeded as a coach without an alpha like MJ or Kobe to set the tone, and maybe even be his "bad cop". It sure wasn't going to be Carmelo. He's not succeeded without a top GM sending him players.

Phil is out of his element. Another Mike Holmgren, gettin' paid on past rep by a dumb owner. Nothing more.

What NBA coach is successful without great talent?

cabezadecaballo 06-22-17 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur (Post 6781372)
The Knicks were ruined well before Phil got there. Hence my joke comment that Phil is getting revenge by ruining them even worse and costing Dolan money. Christ you're an idiot.

OK, your comment was a joke. Thanks for the clarification.

Unlike many of your "joke" comments, it appears you were in on this one, and not the butt of it. Good job, funny-boy.

eastside_purple 06-22-17 10:46 AM

Weirdo. :laugh:

cabezadecaballo 06-22-17 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eastside_purple (Post 6781381)
What NBA coach is successful without great talent?

None, but not really the point of anyone's previous commentary itt. Go down your own rabbit hole, jackazz :D

I can think of a few coaches that could be called great even in years in which they lacked great talent. Even you should be able to follow that line of thinking.

Here. Let me help you, if you'd like an actual conversation.

Has Phil ever had a great coaching performance without great talent ? Can you think of a season ?

Taco MacArthur 06-22-17 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo (Post 6781387)
None, but not really the point of anyone's previous commentary itt. Go down your own rabbit hole, jackazz :D

I can think of a few coaches that could be called great even in years in which they lacked great talent. Even you should be able to follow that line of thinking.

Here. Let me help you, if you'd like an actual conversation.

Has Phil ever had a great coaching performance without great talent ? Can you think of a season ?

Name one.

93-94, 55 win team without the best player to ever play. 2 wins less than the previous year with said GOAT and a title.

Taco MacArthur 06-22-17 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo (Post 6781383)
OK, your comment was a joke. Thanks for the clarification.

Unlike many of your "joke" comments, it appears you were in on this one, and not the butt of it. Good job, funny-boy.

You are without a doubt the weirdest person ever. Go back to fantasizing about Pboy with a hooker.

eastside_purple 06-22-17 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo (Post 6781387)
None, but not really the point of anyone's previous commentary itt. Go down your own rabbit hole, jackazz :D

I can think of a few coaches that could be called great even in years in which they lacked great talent. Even you should be able to follow that line of thinking.

Here. Let me help you, if you'd like an actual conversation.

Has Phil ever had a great coaching performance without great talent ? Can you think of a season ?

My rabbit hole? Everyone can agree he's been a disaster as the GM for the Knicks, then you attacked his coaching ability, which is idiotic. What years did Phil underperform as a coach? Never had a sub-500 record and won 11 championships in 20 years.

WinstonSmith 06-22-17 11:34 AM

11 championships in 20 years :laugh:

eastside_purple 06-22-17 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WinstonSmith (Post 6781407)
11 championships in 20 years :laugh:

:shrug: Am I incorrect?

Descartes 06-22-17 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eastside_purple (Post 6781329)
:laugh: wtf? Why can't Jackson trade him for any reason he wants, no matter how boneheaded?

If they can block the Chris Paul trade to help preserve the competitiveness of the League, they've got to do the same. There's no legit reason for him to do this other than a personal agenda. He's trading away a player that's not demanding to leave, has no injury history, and is still under a Rookie contract. And there's no reason to believe any player in this draft will be better than Porzingis. What he's attempting to do is exceedingly unprofessional and damaging to the League.

Again, I really don't care about the NBA or the Knicks, but the absolute arrogance of this really angers me.

eastside_purple 06-22-17 12:51 PM

Stop being so goddamn dramatic. Christ.

Taco MacArthur 06-22-17 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Descartes (Post 6781450)
If they can block the Chris Paul trade to help preserve the competitiveness of the League, they've got to do the same. There's no legit reason for him to do this other than a personal agenda. He's trading away a player that's not demanding to leave, has no injury history, and is still under a Rookie contract. And there's no reason to believe any player in this draft will be better than Porzingis. What he's attempting to do is exceedingly unprofessional and damaging to the League.

Again, I really don't care about the NBA or the Knicks, but the absolute arrogance of this really angers me.

He missed almost 20 games to injuries. Most recently (and worrisome) was his back. While not outright saying it, it seems pretty clear by his actions he wants out.

The difference between the Lakers-Hornets trade and any Knicks trade is the NBA doesn't currently own, and thus get final decision making for, the Knicks. The NBA owned the Hornets at the time of the trade.

WinstonSmith 06-22-17 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eastside_purple (Post 6781416)
:shrug: Am I incorrect?

No, I was laughing at the absurdity of how successful he was as a coach.

eastside_purple 06-23-17 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WinstonSmith (Post 6781587)
No, I was laughing at the absurdity of how successful he was as a coach.

Yeah, do you think weirdo knows how stupid he looks?

cabezadecaballo 06-23-17 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur (Post 6781388)
Name one.

93-94, 55 win team without the best player to ever play. 2 wins less than the previous year with said GOAT and a title.

Jerry Krause for MVExec ? Or Jerry West...

You yourself called Pippen top 50 all time in another thread once. Someone was even proposing top 25. Was that you ? Horace Grant wasn't "great talent" at the 4 in 1994 ? Bulls-crap. You aren't claiming that, are you ? That was a pretty good defensive team even w/o MJ. Every one of those men had pride incentivizing them to "prove" that they weren't just Jordan's supporting cast.

Off on a tangent for a second here, but that's^ a far cry from what happens when LBJ leaves the Cavs, huh ? That^ kind of supports the LBJ=GOAT argument. And azzhats are going to point to his Finals record in individual comparison to Jordan. Compare Antawn Jamison to Grant for a minute.

Back about two or three of your usernames ago, maybe when Blatt got kicked to the curb, there was a conversation in the NBA forum here in which there was widespread agreement that the NBA HC has a lesser impact on the outcome of a game when compared to the other major sports. Jackson gets credit for installing that triangle offense, but how many of those 55 also happen with another excellent contemporary NBA coach ? I'd say most, and maybe one or two that "Phil lost" that year. Jackson's greatest strength as a Head Coach and in establishing his legacy may have been choosing the right jobs.

Contrary to the idiot e_p's assertions, I never claimed Jackson wasn't a great coach. I slammed him as a GM and called him Mike Holmgren, but all I said in reference to his coaching career was - "He's not succeeded as a coach without an alpha like MJ or Kobe to set the tone, and maybe even be his 'bad cop'." - It's a great dynamic, and maybe even a necessity in an environment where many starters out-earn the Head Coach. The only real alternative is the Brady or Duncan humble star acquiescing to the Belichick or Pop type Coach. I don't believe for a minute that other top coaches could not have achieved very similar results with the same roster and opponents, that's all. Neither do you, unless you're a moron or Phil's mom.

The rest is either you lot being led around by his strawman argument or maybe simply piling on with your purple queen, like drod.

eastside_purple 06-23-17 10:02 PM

Weirdo made an idiotic statement that Jackson was made by great players. It's not like Jordan and Bryant didn't play for other coaches, they just never won championships without Phil. The truth is very very few coaches could have achieved the success Jackson did. A >700 winning percentage, played in 13 championships in 20 years, and winning 11 of them. GOAT, no debate, no won else is even close except Auerbach and he had 6-7 hall of fame players on his roster.

cabezadecaballo 06-23-17 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eastside_purple (Post 6782079)
Weirdo made an idiotic statement that Jackson was made by great players. It's not like Jordan and Bryant didn't play for other coaches, they just never won championships without Phil. The truth is very very few coaches could have achieved the success Jackson did. A >700 winning percentage, played in 13 championships in 20 years, and winning 11 of them. GOAT, no debate, no won else is even close except Auerbach and he had 6-7 hall of fame players on his roster.

e_poser making up more crap, I see.

No one said that^ but you. You are pathetic.

eastside_purple 06-23-17 10:33 PM

So, not made by great players, just alpha tone setter bad cops. You're such a f'n moron. :laugh:

cabezadecaballo 06-23-17 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eastside_purple (Post 6782089)
So, not made by great players, just alpha tone setter bad cops. You're such a f'n moron. :laugh:

There's obviously a huge space between the two points you refer to, filled in part by what I actually see as Phil's primary coaching dynamic; one in which a talented coach uses his greatest player and scorer, in both cases a driven and somewhat aloof talent, to push the other players while he plays the patient teacher/zenmaster. Why do you think they ditched giant goofball Shaq in his prime, the most dominant player in the game at the time ? He messed that dynamic up.

Lots of people in Yappi have conversations. They go back and forth, sometimes seeking clarification of another poster's point or opinion. If someone wants to read a completely developed thesis in one chunk, they probably don't look on Yappi.

If opportunities present themselves to needle someone a bit, sure, many of us will goof around. That said, I can't imagine investing the amount of time that you do trying to twist up and misrepresent what other people say. It's like anti-conversation, what you do. This would seem to be your major joy, as such characterization typifies at least half of what you do in here. It must be fun for you, I guess, but it really makes you look like some kind of bitter loser. You're a sorry piece of yit, truly, but I guess it's fun for you :shrug: Enjoy!

eastside_purple 06-24-17 04:59 AM

Instead of addressing the pointless butthurt missive above, just tell me who you believe could have replicated Jackson's career or taken it to a higher level? Because in my view, you are cherry-picking facts and ignoring others. It's the NBA, no one wins without great talent, but Phil was monumentally successful beyond reasonable circumstances. Saying lots of guys could have been just as successful, as you speculated, is just another idiotic worthless opinion you try to pass off on here as valid. It's not, not even remotely.

cabezadecaballo 06-24-17 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eastside_purple (Post 6782118)
Instead of addressing the pointless butthurt missive above, just tell me who you believe could have replicated Jackson's career or taken it to a higher level? Because in my view, you are cherry-picking facts and ignoring others. It's the NBA, no one wins without great talent, but Phil was monumentally successful beyond reasonable circumstances. Saying lots of guys could have been just as successful, < No one but YOU has said this ANYWHERE :laugh: as you speculated, is just another idiotic worthless opinion you try to pass off on here as valid. It's not, not even remotely.

Thanks for confirming my assessment of your MO in here, all while lamely attempting to deflect and ignoring the clarification.

You are pathetic, e_p.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:30 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.