Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority

Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority (http://www.yappi.com/forums/index.php)
-   Debate Forum (http://www.yappi.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   What's going on in the world (http://www.yappi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=285961)

ronnie mund 11-12-15 02:42 PM

What's going on in the world
 
Figured the DB could use a running thread for topics and things going on that aren't cut out for their own threads.

I guess women only want equality when it's convenient.

Physical fitness testing suspended for all Colorado Springs police officers

Quote:

That means the 12 policewomen also can wear their uniforms again and return to full patrol duty instead of the light-duty, plainclothes desk work they had been relegated to for not passing the annual Physical Abilities Test.
Quote:

According to the lawsuit, 35 percent of the department's women in that demographic and less than 2 percent of the male officers failed the test in September 2014, the first time it was administered. They then were subject to punitive measures.

dado6 11-12-15 02:49 PM

The Marines didn't train women to be infantrymen because the average/above average 20-something female couldn't throw a hand grenade far enough to be outside the kill circle when it went off.

ronnie mund 11-12-15 02:51 PM

Yeah, but that's sexist man!

Michael Bluth 11-12-15 02:54 PM

http://41.media.tumblr.com/1f2b9f224...o9xho1_500.jpg

ronnie mund 11-12-15 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Bluth (Post 6320751)

:laugh: Literally just watched that episode. They're absolutely killing it this season.



"What's the matter with you people? You're saaad, that people are meeaan? Well I'm sorry the world isn't one big liberal arts college campus!"

-Reality

Michael Bluth 11-12-15 03:00 PM

This season really should be mandatory across the nation. It might help to curb the insanity.


Safe space pretty much sums up this police officer fitness test. People don't want to be told they're not in shape, even if it's their job to be so.

Crusaders 11-12-15 03:09 PM

This is dumb. Men and women aren't physical equals on average. Women need to get over it

nwwarrior09 11-12-15 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Bluth (Post 6320751)

:laugh: :laugh: I've been thinking about how truthful that episode was all week. They've been crushing it all season.

Uncle Ted 11-12-15 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crusaders (Post 6320779)
This is dumb. Men and women aren't physical equals on average. Women need to get over it

What about different races and intellectuality? We curve the out come for them.

Crusaders 11-12-15 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Ted (Post 6320863)
What about different races and intellectuality? We curve the out come for them.

Race isn't real and there certainly isn't any difference intellectually between ethnicities.

Uncle Ted 11-12-15 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crusaders (Post 6320871)
Race isn't real and there certainly isn't any difference intellectually between ethnicities.

Studies would should differently.

dado6 11-12-15 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronnie mund (Post 6320724)
Figured the DB could use a running thread for topics and things going on that aren't cut out for their own threads.

I guess women only want equality when it's convenient.

Physical fitness testing suspended for all Colorado Springs police officers

See. A state legalizedspot, and everything goes to He!!

the_big_toe 11-12-15 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crusaders (Post 6320779)
This is dumb. Men and women aren't physical equals on average. Women need to get over it

I'm sure there are some "women" that could pass that physical test.

http://img2-3.timeinc.net/people/i/2...spy-01-435.jpg

Uncle Ted 11-12-15 04:39 PM

Crusaders is now googling his tail off to find some credible website that disagrees with me....he won't find it.

Crusaders 11-12-15 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Ted (Post 6320877)
Studies would should differently.

They don't

Uncle Ted 11-12-15 04:51 PM

They do crusaders. We curve the outcome for people intellectually. You can't find one scientist that will tell you ethnicities are equal when it comes to intelligence. Asians are the smartest people on Earth, no ifs, buts or ands about it.

Crusaders 11-12-15 04:52 PM

No they're not. They have much more intensive math curriculum

Gh0st 11-12-15 04:54 PM

A smart man would just claim to be transgendered and not have to take the PT test. What I would have given to have the female standards on my military PTs.

Uncle Ted 11-12-15 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crusaders (Post 6320905)
No they're not. They have much more intensive math curriculum

You really can't up your iq with curriculum. Studies also show American Asians score exactly what Eadt Asians score on IQ test.

Crusaders 11-12-15 05:07 PM

Yes you can. Socioeconomic factors plays the biggest role.

Uncle Ted 11-12-15 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crusaders (Post 6320922)
Yes you can. Socioeconomic factors plays the biggest role.

No you can't and no it doesn't. You have no idea what you are talking about.....again.

Crusaders 11-12-15 05:12 PM

No I know you're trolling here

Uncle Ted 11-12-15 05:30 PM

I am not, if you could find one reputable study that disagrees with me please post it. In fact I challenge anyone to do so. My point is, if it's ok to curve intelligence, then why not curve physical performance also.

eastisbest 11-12-15 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Ted (Post 6320904)
They do crusaders. We curve the outcome for people intellectually. You can't find one scientist that will tell you ethnicities are equal when it comes to intelligence. Asians are the smartest people on Earth, no ifs, buts or ands about it.

Big place.

James Woods is more intelligent than Einstein. Not sure there's a point to be made by your claim, true or not other than to consider the intelligence test is man-made.

Crusaders 11-12-15 06:08 PM

OK, then...

IQ tests are not reliable (link).

If IQ scores were so great at determining and predicting intelligence, why aren't high-IQ-based societies, like MENSA, consulted as an authority on...anything? They're not, because IQ tests are junk and do not predict much of anything.

So, right off the bat, we can disregard the very methodology that is at the heart of your argument.

Next, because race isn't biologically real (link) we can disregard any correlation there might be between IQ (an unreliable test) and race (a method of othering based on perceived differences).

Finally, even if race was real and IQ tests/scores were valid, we know that socioeconomic factors play a part in scores. A great example of how socioeconomics matters is right in the USA. African Americans used to score, on average, 15 points below Caucasians. Today, it's 10 points. Why? Well, AA have greater access to education today (link).

Michael Bluth 11-12-15 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gh0st (Post 6320911)
A smart man would just claim to be transgendered and not have to take the PT test. What I would have given to have the female standards on my military PTs.

I'm just waiting for the first time a male "switches" genders and claims he/she now has the right to play women's sports and obtain a scholarship

Uncle Ted 11-12-15 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crusaders (Post 6320989)
OK, then...

IQ tests are not reliable (link).

If IQ scores were so great at determining and predicting intelligence, why aren't high-IQ-based societies, like MENSA, consulted as an authority on...anything? They're not, because IQ tests are junk and do not predict much of anything.

So, right off the bat, we can disregard the very methodology that is at the heart of your argument.

Next, because race isn't biologically real (link) we can disregard any correlation there might be between IQ (an unreliable test) and race (a method of othering based on perceived differences).

Finally, even if race was real and IQ tests/scores were valid, we know that socioeconomic factors play a part in scores. A great example of how socioeconomics matters is right in the USA. African Americans used to score, on average, 15 points below Caucasians. Today, it's 10 points. Why? Well, AA have greater access to education today (link).

It's not education that increases iq, I attribute the rise along with most scientist due to diets which affects brain development, along with mixing with other races.

Crusaders 11-12-15 06:48 PM

Diets have improved for the majority of people since the early 20th century. That doesn't account for a 5 point increase.

Also, black kids adopted by white families do better than white kids adopted by black families.

IQ test doesn't matter anyway. Nothing else to say here.

Uncle Ted 11-12-15 06:50 PM

They don't matter because most people have jobs that require a 70 iq.

Uncle Ted 11-12-15 06:51 PM

Ok let's get back on point.

Why is it ok to adjust intellectual scores but not physical scores?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.