Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority

Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority (http://www.yappi.com/forums/index.php)
-   Wrestling (http://www.yappi.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   State Duals (http://www.yappi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=298750)

iwasthatguy 01-11-17 03:18 PM

State Duals

The State Duals Seeds should be posted by the end of this week.
I was disappointed to see Liberty withdrew from the duals. When they have their full line-up they look pretty hard to beat.
I am interested to see some of the seeds.
1A who is 1 seed? Perrysburg, Anthony Wayne, Clay?
Region 1B looks great. Would guess
1 Elyria 2. Wadsworth 3-6 Medina, Midview, Brunswick??

Tartan78 01-11-17 06:13 PM

In looking at D2 Region 12 is loaded!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bucksman 01-11-17 07:58 PM

This thread here identified some observations that I had about the regions
http://yappi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=298069

With Olentangy Liberty out (as expected), the two Central Ohio tams in Division I will almost assuredly be the 7th and 8th seeds at team state.

My speculation for DI is the seeds look something like this:
1. St. Edward
2. Elyria/Wadsworth
3-6: (alpha order) Brecksville, Elder/LaSalle, Massillon Perry, Mason
7. Westerville North (Region 5)
8. Dublin Coffman/Marysville (Region 6)

bucksman 01-11-17 08:03 PM

Agree that region 12 is rather deep. Two of the top five teams in the state (at least as dual meet entities are here).
I speculate state seeding will look something like this:
1. St. Paris Graham
2-5: (alpha order) Carrollton/Claymont, Lake Catholic, SVSM, Wauseon
6. Ashland (I think they get out of region 13)
7. Western Brown/Hamilton Ross
8. region 14 advancer

And now for Division III
1. Mechanicsburg
2. Genoa/Oak Harbor
3. Milan Edison
4. Rootstown/Tuslaw
(NOTE: the SMCC D3 Duals will/could have significant influence on the seeding for 2-3-4)
5-7: (alpha) Amanda-Clearcreek (R22), Delta, Shadyside (R21)
8. region 23 advancer

93 red ls 01-11-17 08:52 PM

We (aiken) are competing in the state team duals for the first time ever. we are pretty excited just to get the opportunity! Pretty sure we will have to venture out to Bethel Tate or Williamsburg

wash.c.h.legend 01-11-17 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 93 red ls (Post 6674362)
We (aiken) are competing in the state team duals for the first time ever. we are pretty excited just to get the opportunity! Pretty sure we will have to venture out to Bethel Tate or Williamsburg

Good deal

SteveNaltnerEH01 01-11-17 11:12 PM

Quote:

Congrats Aiken. I know that program has made some leaps in the last few years. Keep it rolling!

Boro Fan 01-12-17 12:44 AM

I wish Versailles was in R23, I think they could win it.

brianwr112 01-12-17 03:26 AM

Quote:

Always makes my day when you post pics of what you're doing for those kids and that program. They're lucky to have you and I hope you have to ask for a bigger room at your end of year meeting with the AD.

BigM 01-12-17 07:55 AM

Tristan Young is really doing some great things with the Aiken program. Its great when the inner-city schools can field some competitive teams.

93 red ls 01-12-17 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dynastyiscoming (Post 6674468)
Congrats Aiken. I know that program has made some leaps in the last few years. Keep it rolling!

thanks! its 150% :thumb: to the Student/Athletes at Aiken. I just presented the sport to them and they have been the ones that have taken off with it. Without them buying in we wouldn't have a program!

here is where I pulled my kids from (don't laugh lol)

106 (band he is 3-6 on the year about 100 lbs .. 9th grade)
132 (football 2nd year kid ..10th grade)
138 (wrestled 3 years and in CPS boxing club my only... senior)
145 (band/football strong as ...9th grade)
160 (football 2nd year kid...11th grade)
170 (transfer from mt healthy dist qualifier .....10th grade)
182 (band 1st year kid has won 7 matches this year! ....10th grade)
195 (football 1 st year kid ....10th grade)
220 (football 2nd year kid...10th grade)
HW (football 1 st year kid... 10th grade)

We have had to wrestle off the past few events @ 220 and HW we have some extras in the room as well as 5 middle school kids! we are sending 3 of the 5 Junior High guys to Wilmington this weekend!

Pflug has been a HUGE help , he pushes our kids to come in the room!

we are young! but they are buying in!

93 red ls 01-12-17 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigM (Post 6674556)
Tristan Young is really doing some great things with the Aiken program. Its great when the inner-city schools can field some competitive teams.

thanks coach! was good to see you all over the break! Hopefully Q is right there in Columbus at the end of the year!

93 red ls 01-12-17 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brianwr112 (Post 6674519)
Always makes my day when you post pics of what you're doing for those kids and that program. They're lucky to have you and I hope you have to ask for a bigger room at your end of year meeting with the AD.

thanks so much! if our #'s keep trending I will need a bigger room for sure!

lang78 01-12-17 08:13 AM

Can't wait to see the schedules.

executive director 01-12-17 09:27 AM

After watching all of the D1's

1. St. Edward - The best from top to bottom if they are healthy.
2. Elyria - Wadsworth is tough, but if they are all healthy, I just think Elyria has too much firepower.
3. Mason - These guys have a ranked guy in the first half of the lineup and a couple state placers in the back half. They are really good this year. They have a good wrestler in every weight and a couple of great wrestlers sprinkled in along with backups that are state caliber.
4. Elder - LaSalle has some absolute hammers, but I don't think they have enough to beat a healthy LaSalle team. This is a dual. Elder has a good guy in 11-12 weight classes. LaSalle has 7-8 great guys.
5. Massillon Perry - par for the course - same quality different year. They always have a tough group, but do they have the dual team needed to go deep?
6. Brecksville - As always, they are tough, but they are not as much of a dual team as these others are. They have some superstars.
7. Westerville North - No real competition.
8. Dublin Coffman - Too much depth for Marysville.

If Liberty were in it and healthy, I would still have trouble seeing them beat Eds. They are very talented, but they have holes which Eds would expose. And the Eds team has a proven record of showing up in big duals.

cruiser_96 01-12-17 12:26 PM

Exec. Did.: You don't think Lancaster can hang with WN? (Could be the case; I thought that would be a good match-up.)

Lambeau Fields 01-12-17 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by executive director (Post 6674615)
If Liberty were in it .

If my aunt had a &$@^, she'd be my uncle....

wash.c.h.legend 01-12-17 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lambeau Fields (Post 6674806)
If my aunt had a &$@^, she'd be my uncle....

That's a good one

mailman112 01-12-17 12:52 PM

St. Ed's has several key members out and not sure what the line up will look like in Columbus. Time will tell who will be able to go in Columbus.

executive director 01-13-17 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cruiser_96 (Post 6674774)
Exec. Did.: You don't think Lancaster can hang with WN? (Could be the case; I thought that would be a good match-up.)

I have yet to see Lancaster. On any given day... so, yes, they could take that Region. With all of that said, I am most interested in watching the Elyria v Wadsworth dual. Quality wrestling top to bottom.

ProV1 01-13-17 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by executive director (Post 6674615)
After watching all of the D1's

1. St. Edward - The best from top to bottom if they are healthy.
2. Elyria - Wadsworth is tough, but if they are all healthy, I just think Elyria has too much firepower.
3. Mason - These guys have a ranked guy in the first half of the lineup and a couple state placers in the back half. They are really good this year. They have a good wrestler in every weight and a couple of great wrestlers sprinkled in along with backups that are state caliber.
4. Elder - LaSalle has some absolute hammers, but I don't think they have enough to beat a healthy LaSalle team. This is a dual. Elder has a good guy in 11-12 weight classes. LaSalle has 7-8 great guys.
5. Massillon Perry - par for the course - same quality different year. They always have a tough group, but do they have the dual team needed to go deep?
6. Brecksville - As always, they are tough, but they are not as much of a dual team as these others are. They have some superstars.
7. Westerville North - No real competition.
8. Dublin Coffman - Too much depth for Marysville.

If Liberty were in it and healthy, I would still have trouble seeing them beat Eds. They are very talented, but they have holes which Eds would expose. And the Eds team has a proven record of showing up in big duals.

This is going to come down to who has the their most complete lineup when it matters. If Ed's were healthy, they don't lose...just too balanced. Ed's, Liberty, Elyria all have not fielded anywhere near projected line ups. Things are far more open for the duals but also the team champion in March if Ed's does not get healthier.

Lambeau Fields 01-13-17 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProV1 (Post 6675619)
This is going to come down to who has the their most complete lineup when it matters. If Ed's were healthy, they don't lose...just too balanced. Ed's, Liberty, Elyria all have not fielded anywhere near projected line ups. Things are far more open for the duals but also the team champion in March if Ed's does not get healthier.

Don't disagree, but I think the one difference is that O-Lib practically never fields a complete line-up except for when it come to Sectionals/Districts. The same is not true of Eds or Elyria. [Not intended to bash, just an empirical observation. Though I know some will accuse me of 'bashing' none-the-less. So be it...]

ProV1 01-13-17 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lambeau Fields (Post 6675636)
Don't disagree, but I think the one difference is that O-Lib practically never fields a complete line-up except for when it come to Sectionals/Districts. The same is not true of Eds or Elyria. [Not intended to bash, just an empirical observation. Though I know some will accuse me of 'bashing' none-the-less. So be it...]

That is very true. It is part injury and part philosophy I think.

Pantherontheporch 01-13-17 05:54 PM

The regional brackets are up.
http://www.ohsaa.org/sports/wrestling/2017/teamwrinfo

anklechaser106 01-13-17 06:02 PM

region 10??????

DWolfie83 01-14-17 09:27 AM

http://www.baumspage.com/wr/regional/8/2016/Bracket.pdf

D1 region 8 brackets is very confusing! All the top teams on the bottom half of the bracket!

suplex21 01-14-17 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DWolfie83 (Post 6676290)
http://www.baumspage.com/wr/regional/8/2016/Bracket.pdf

D1 region 8 brackets is very confusing! All the top teams on the bottom half of the bracket!

A and B are separate brackets. Voting and seeding is only done within the a or b bracket. The top teams are all in b, which is why they are all on the bottom.

Tartan78 01-14-17 02:07 PM

Region 12 seeding is almost right on except Louisville should be 3 and Beaver 4. The regional final four should b Alliance/ Canfield and Carrollton/ Claymont. Canfield beats Alliance pretty handily. Carr/ Clay match will be a battle. A lot depends on if Bunting wrestles at 138 for Clay and if Carrollton's 195-285 stay off their backs. Each team will probably win 7 matches each so it comes down to bonus points. At this moment that edge probably goes to Claymont but you never know.

szerszen 01-14-17 02:46 PM

I'd say that Louisville should have been the 2. They already beat Alliance this year in a dual by over 20. Really surprised they are the 4 seed.

DWolfie83 01-14-17 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suplex21 (Post 6676404)
A and B are separate brackets. Voting and seeding is only done within the a or b bracket. The top teams are all in b, which is why they are all on the bottom.

How are the teams separated into the A and B groups? I understand you have to beat all teams to advance, but #1 team should be in group A and #2 Team in group B so and so.....