Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority

Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority (http://www.yappi.com/forums/index.php)
-   Football (http://www.yappi.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Midwest Athletic Conference 2018 (http://www.yappi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=310124)

StateChampion2012 01-24-18 04:51 PM

Midwest Athletic Conference 2018
 
With the news of divisions being released and Patrick Henry opting out of the Marion Local series, I figure its time to start this thread so we don't overtake other threads.

Prediction:
1. Marion Local– Return Bruns and Habodasz. Is this even a question?
2. Coldwater – We return plenty of skill guys. QB is up in the air but if we find some linemen, we should be pretty good.
3. Minster - The Loss of Huelsman will hurt but Stokes will get these guys ready to play.
4. Anna- Returns Riley Huelskamp at running back. The loss of Travis Meyer will hurt. Great junior class.
5. Fort Recovery - Lost their entire offense. Great Sophomore Class.
6. St Henry - Similar to Anna, Return Jarren Fishbaugh but lose Daylon Lange to graduation.
7. New Bremen - Return Nolan Bornhorst at Qb and Heitkamp at end. According to bigkat, their freshman running back is pretty good. Wild prediction of the year: New Bremen makes the playoffs.
8. Delphos St. Johns - Return Jared Wurst but I really have no clue what else so I’ll leave them here for now
9. Versailles - Again, Have no clue what they return but they always disappoint me so I’ll leave them here for now. Hopefully they’ll prove me wrong. Does Kurtis Rutschilling return?
10. Parkway - Return Nick Hawk but will have no depth.


3-9 are up in the air until I learn more about those teams.

Thoughts?

Indiandad 01-24-18 05:49 PM

I can see FR going in either direction. They lose a lot with Homan, Stocker and Kuese all graduating as 3 year starters. But they also return a lot of promising young talent.
Get in the weight room boys and earn your spot!

StateChampion2012 01-24-18 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indiandad (Post 6970851)
I can see FR going in either direction. They lose a lot with Homan, Stocker and Kuese all graduating as 3 year starters. But they also return a lot of promising young talent.
Get in the weight room boys and earn your spot!

I saw that Brent Niekamp posted on twitter a picture of tom benson stadium and mentioned that that's the goal for his seniors so I bet they'll be working their tails off.

Indiandad 01-24-18 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 (Post 6970854)
I saw that Brent Niekamp posted on twitter a picture of tom benson stadium and mentioned that that's the goal for his seniors so I bet they'll be working their tails off.

As crazy as it sounds, our lines may be even bigger next year. Potentially 3 300 lbs O Linemen.

StateChampion2012 01-24-18 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indiandad (Post 6970926)
As crazy as it sounds, our lines may be even bigger next year. Potentially 3 300 lbs O Linemen.

That sounds encouraging. What will the receiving core look like for Schmitz?

Indiandad 01-24-18 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 (Post 6970973)
That sounds encouraging. What will the receiving core look like for Schmitz?

Young and athletic.

Blue Jay Fan 01-24-18 08:36 PM

The 'Jays will be relatively young but bring up a lot of talented sophs and freshmen from an 8-2 (MAC 6-2) JV team.

State2013 01-24-18 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue Jay Fan (Post 6970982)
The 'Jays will be relatively young but bring up a lot of talented sophs and freshmen from an 8-2 (MAC 6-2) JV team.

I hope they can put it all together, Delphos' decline was one of the disappointing things from my time in high school. They were always one of my favorites to play.

StateChampion2012 01-24-18 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by State2013 (Post 6971069)
I hope they can put it all together, Delphos' decline was one of the disappointing things from my time in high school. They were always one of my favorites to play.

I tend to agree about the decline. I went from losing to them my freshman and sophomore year to beating them in the final minute my junior year then blowing them out my senior year. It was nice to see Delphos in the playoffs again.

ru4ml 01-25-18 11:03 AM

StateChampion2012, don't forget WR Tangeman is back as he may have more of an impact than Hobadaz....Yes where is Hoser to get us those big time schools to play us as
I haven't heard of any schools lining up to play ML the first two weeks...Will be a challenge to fill the schedule-- may be traveling to Ind or Mich???

bigkat 01-25-18 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ru4ml (Post 6971374)
StateChampion2012, don't forget WR Tangeman is back as he may have more of an impact than Hobadaz....Yes where is Hoser to get us those big time schools to play us as
I haven't heard of any schools lining up to play ML the first two weeks...Will be a challenge to fill the schedule-- may be traveling to Ind or Mich???

you beat me to it, Tangeman is dang good, catches everything.

heard bornhorst might be switched to RB for the Cards.

Anna returns a bunch of solid kids, the going to be Junior class is pretty dang good

Cats lose some good players, but already putting in the extra work, time for some pups to step up and become dogs.....

not sure about Coldwater, I think they lost some key players, their pups need to to grow up to.

Fort has lost some key players, interesting what type of team they bring

St Johns, depth might be a problem, really never go by the JV record to determine what type of a team you will have the following year...

thavoice 01-25-18 11:48 AM

I see a down year.

MSML will roll through an undefeated season and then to the finals once again.

Minster will be putting in the extra extra extra work this year.

FR comes back to earth and misses the postseason.

League has 2, maybe 3 playoff teams but only one team going deep into the playoffs in the flyers

StateChampion2012 01-25-18 12:24 PM

Forgot about Tangeman my mistake! We return the majority of our receiving core. We have a great sophomore class and our freshman won the MAC as 8th graders. The Qb situation is going to be interesting.

StateChampion2012 01-25-18 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigkat (Post 6971414)
you beat me to it, Tangeman is dang good, catches everything.

heard bornhorst might be switched to RB for the Cards.

Anna returns a bunch of solid kids, the going to be Junior class is pretty dang good

Cats lose some good players, but already putting in the extra work, time for some pups to step up and become dogs.....

not sure about Coldwater, I think they lost some key players, their pups need to to grow up to.

Fort has lost some key players, interesting what type of team they bring

St Johns, depth might be a problem, really never go by the JV record to determine what type of a team you will have the following year...

Who would play QB?

bigkat 01-25-18 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 (Post 6971466)
Who would play QB?

I think there is a boy that will be a Soph. that will get a shot

bigkat 01-25-18 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thavoice (Post 6971416)
I see a down year.

MSML will roll through an undefeated season and then to the finals once again.

Minster will be putting in the extra extra extra work this year.

FR comes back to earth and misses the postseason.

League has 2, maybe 3 playoff teams but only one team going deep into the playoffs in the flyers

will be doing that in the summer....if they can find the time :)

Indiandad 01-25-18 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thavoice (Post 6971416)

FR comes back to earth and misses the postseason.

There have been 4 teams from MAC to make the playoffs each of the last 4 years. Fort Recovery is one of them. The Program is working in FR and I am confident it will continue to work. FR may very well miss the playoffs next season. They have a tough non conference schedule and of course the MAC is brutal. But they won't miss it due to lack of talent or effort.

thavoice 01-25-18 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indiandad (Post 6971644)
There have been 4 teams from MAC to make the playoffs each of the last 4 years. Fort Recovery is one of them. The Program is working in FR and I am confident it will continue to work. FR may very well miss the playoffs next season. They have a tough non conference schedule and of course the MAC is brutal. But they won't miss it due to lack of talent or effort.

Lack of talent. Yes.
Lack of effort. No.

I realize you're all giddy from the past talent but unless you have some super talented kids in the pipeline then yes, you will start missing the playoffs.

Indiandad 01-25-18 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thavoice (Post 6971664)
Lack of talent. Yes.
Lack of effort. No.

I realize you're all giddy from the past talent but unless you have some super talented kids in the pipeline then yes, you will start missing the playoffs.

You've seen the young kids from FR how many times?
You see the name FR and assume lack of talent. You have no idea what talent there is at the Fort. You've declared the past two seasons that FR would miss the playoffs because they "lacked talent". You were wrong then. You are wrong now.
There is a lot of talent in FR's program.

thavoice 01-25-18 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indiandad (Post 6971674)
You've seen the young kids from FR how many times?
You see the name FR and assume lack of talent. You have no idea what talent there is at the Fort. You've declared the past two seasons that FR would miss the playoffs because they "lacked talent". You were wrong then. You are wrong now.
There is a lot of talent in FR's program.

It took the magic legs of the Mac all time leading rusher for you to sneak in last year.

I hope I'm wrong, but I won't be and I expect you to tell me how right I was next fall.

StateChampion2012 01-25-18 04:18 PM

Fort Recovery certainly wont lack talent. If they have a line that will give Clay time to throw and have receivers that will catch the ball, they'll be pretty good. I firmly believe that class will win the league as seniors but for now they'll be young.

Voice our sophomores as freshman last year lost to Fort and Bremen. Both have talent.

Indiandad 01-25-18 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thavoice (Post 6971682)
It took the magic legs of the Mac all time leading rusher for you to sneak in last year.

I hope I'm wrong, but I won't be and I expect you to tell me how right I was next fall.

Funny you bring up Homan. Last year you said FR would lose because we no longer had the magic arm of a DI QB. We still won.

There is a lesson to be learned from Homan however. He certainly wasn't the fastest kid in MAC history. Nor was he the biggest. So what made his legs magical? He ran hard on every play. He never stopped churning. He gave max effort on every carry.
That and he had a darn good line.

Our line will be better next year.

Indiandad 01-25-18 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 (Post 6971702)
Fort Recovery certainly wont lack talent. If they have a line that will give Clay time to throw and have receivers that will catch the ball, they'll be pretty good. I firmly believe that class will win the league as seniors but for now they'll be young.

Voice our sophomores as freshman last year lost to Fort and Bremen. Both have talent.

There are no guarantees when you play in the MAC. FR may very well lose every game. Then again, I believe they have the talent to make the playoffs for a 5th year in a row.

StateChampion2012 01-25-18 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indiandad (Post 6971716)
There are no guarantees when you play in the MAC. FR may very well lose every game. Then again, I believe they have the talent to make the playoffs for a 5th year in a row.

That I highly doubt but I believe you will maybe go 5-3 or so in MAC play. Fully agree though Nothing is guaranteed!

thavoice 01-25-18 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indiandad (Post 6971711)
Funny you bring up Homan. Last year you said FR would lose because we no longer had the magic arm of a DI QB. We still won.

There is a lesson to be learned from Homan however. He certainly wasn't the fastest kid in MAC history. Nor was he the biggest. So what made his legs magical? He ran hard on every play. He never stopped churning. He gave max effort on every carry.
That and he had a darn good line.

Our line will be better next year.

And because you would get beat by VV, which you did. You don't become the rushing champ all time in this league unless you're extremely talented.

I guess I shoulda asked, do you play VV again? If so, no playoffs because you won't have that talent at RB.

thavoice 01-25-18 05:03 PM

Is this finally the year that Honda stops disappointing and becomes a MAC power? They flirted with it and we thought last year was it. That is the wild card to the league behind Marion local.

Coldwater will depend on how what is done at the QB spot. Clinton Massie again looms in week 2 and Kenton seemed to really come on after the week 1 loss.

Can Minster recoup from losing their ace? Will they reload or will it take 2 seasons?

Indiandad 01-25-18 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thavoice (Post 6971731)
And because you would get beat by VV, which you did. You don't become the rushing champ all time in this league unless you're extremely talented.

I guess I shoulda asked, do you play VV again? If so, no playoffs because you won't have that talent at RB.

We lost to VV last year. We made the playoffs. You were wrong.... again.

thavoice 01-25-18 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indiandad (Post 6971752)
We lost to VV last year. We made the playoffs. You were wrong.... again.

But you had magic legs to garner a league upset or two.

You dont have that anymore

Indiandad 01-25-18 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 (Post 6971720)
That I highly doubt but I believe you will maybe go 5-3 or so in MAC play. Fully agree though Nothing is guaranteed!

At 5-3 in the MAC FR should make the playoffs.

Jaws31 01-25-18 05:21 PM

Any word on if or where Homan is going to play at the next level?IMO he would be a good smaller D2- D3 back.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:01 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.