Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority

Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority (http://www.yappi.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boys Basketball (http://www.yappi.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   D2 Final 4 (http://www.yappi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=301009)

Krasula24 03-19-17 09:59 AM

D2 Final 4
 
Trotwood seems to be the heavy favorite here. They did beat STVSM by 39 already. But this could be a different ballgame this time around.

Wauseon and Eastmoore would be a good matchup. Both fast paced teams, and like to put numbers up. Should be a good high scoring game.

Who could we see playing on Saturday?

buckeye1689 03-19-17 11:40 AM

Trotwood in a lot closer game than 39, I'd say in the 5-10 point range and Eastmoore. The winner between Trotwood and STVSM will win the title IMO

America 03-20-17 07:19 AM

Congrats to Wauseon for making it this far. I think the state winner is decided by the Trotwood/STVM victor.

Krasula24 03-20-17 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by America (Post 6731707)
Congrats to Wauseon for making it this far. I think the state winner is decided by the Trotwood/STVM victor.

That game is the state champioship game , imo

coachablekid 03-21-17 09:47 AM

So why do y'all think the trotwood and stvm is the championship game? Wauseon has a nice big that can dictate the game. On the other side, Eastmoor Academy can play any style of basketball you want them too. Don't be surprised if Eastmoor win the state!

tcgobucks 03-21-17 06:23 PM

Gotta Agree.....most likely Trotwood, but if SVSM pulls off a semi-final win, they probably take the trophy home to Akron. Wauseon is solid, but they haven't seen any athletes all season like they'll see this weekend on any of the other 3 teams.

SeeYaSometime 03-21-17 09:06 PM

The Division ll Players of the Year are going to square off on Thursday afternoon.

Jayvon Graves SVSM
Torrey Patton TM

Congratulations to both young men!

http://highschoolsports.cleveland.co...n-division-ii/

Krasula24 03-22-17 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcgobucks (Post 6733008)
Gotta Agree.....most likely Trotwood, but if SVSM pulls off a semi-final win, they probably take the trophy home to Akron. Wauseon is solid, but they haven't seen any athletes all season like they'll see this weekend on any of the other 3 teams.

this wouldn't be the first time someone has said this. Every team Wauseon has faced in tournament, they say that.. it's going to be a very close game.

SeeYaSometime 03-22-17 11:08 AM

In 2015 Defiance defeated the heavily favored Cleveland Central Catholic. Granted the Tech was a factor, but Defiance played right with them to be in a position to capitalize on the CCC mistake.

My point is, you don't count out the "town" teams. They, along with the other schools, are in Columbus for a reason.

I'll say it also, you never know what kind of game the officials are going to call. I'm never certain the regular season officiating in the urban areas isn't a detriment in the state tournament. Teams have to be prepared to adjust.

mcm.1019 03-22-17 11:25 AM

And in 2014, it was Norwalk who beat Thurgood-Marshall in the semis, and then beat returning state champ Bishop-Watterson in the finals. Not saying Wauseon will win it all, but the crowd will get behind them if the game is close, and that never hurts.

SeeYaSometime 03-22-17 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcm.1019 (Post 6733391)
And in 2014, it was Norwalk who beat Thurgood-Marshall in the semis, and then beat returning state champ Bishop-Watterson in the finals. Not saying Wauseon will win it all, but the crowd will get behind them if the game is close, and that never hurts.

Great game!

sportsprophet 03-22-17 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeeYaSometime (Post 6733376)

I'll say it also, you never know what kind of game the officials are going to call. I'm never certain the regular season officiating in the urban areas isn't a detriment in the state tournament. Teams have to be prepared to adjust.

Trotwood does, regular season officiating against a "town" team always goes against them, ESPECIALLY if its close. If they were to face a "town" team, they know how the game will be officiated, unfortunately they've been trained about that since since 3rd grade :Ohno:

Krasula24 03-22-17 12:24 PM

March Madness! it's going to be one fun weekend!!!!

Cooter26 03-22-17 12:32 PM

My gut is telling me that Wauseon will do what Defiance did two years ago... :shrug:

bdill100 03-22-17 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cooter26 (Post 6733448)
My gut is telling me that Wauseon will do what Defiance did two years ago... :shrug:

I partly agree with that. I think that they might have a chance to beat Eastmoor, if Eastmoor doesn't double team Rotroff. If they do win, I don't think that they will beat Trotwood though.

SeeYaSometime 03-22-17 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sportsprophet (Post 6733437)
Trotwood does, regular season officiating against a "town" team always goes against them, ESPECIALLY if its close. If they were to face a "town" team, they know how the game will be officiated, unfortunately they've been trained about that since since 3rd grade :Ohno:

You are spot on to my point. A closely called game is always a detriment to the schools that are used to playing a fast paced, defense driven style. I've seen it time and time again in Columbus.

tcgobucks 03-23-17 10:56 AM

Gotta give Wauseon credit....just didn't think they would handle the atleticism of Eastmoor....but they played the game they had to and handled the pressure down the stretch. Gonna take another major effort to get a win on Saturday, but after this one, I'm giving them a lot better chance that I was 24 hours ago. Bring a trophy back to NW Ohio

brian1227 03-23-17 02:31 PM

Trotwood coaches are horrible as bad as football

SeeYaSometime 03-23-17 03:28 PM

Wauseon vs SVSM for the championship. :clap:

Interesting, these two teams were the underdogs in the semis. 🤔

Irish60 03-23-17 03:35 PM

Well, the Irish will be the favorites in the finals. But I can guarantee you that they will not take Wauseon lightly. STVM didn't make the trip to Columbus to beat Trotwood, they came to bring home the trophy. And they know it will take one more solid effort to accomplish that goal.

SeeYaSometime 03-23-17 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irish60 (Post 6734454)
Well, the Irish will be the favorites in the finals. But I can guarantee you that they will not take Wauseon lightly. STVM didn't make the trip to Columbus to beat Trotwood, they came to bring home the trophy. And they know it will take one more solid effort to accomplish that goal.

Favorites be dimmed, both teams start at 0-0. Neither team would be here if they didn't deserve to be. Let's hope for a well played and officiated game decided by the players.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:56 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.