Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority

Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority (http://www.yappi.com/forums/index.php)
-   Football (http://www.yappi.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Should tailgating with alcohol be permitted before high school games? (http://www.yappi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306729)

Pope Francis 1 10-12-17 10:18 PM

Should tailgating with alcohol be permitted before high school games?

SHOULD TAILGATING WITH ALCOHOL BE PERMITTED BEFORE HIGH SCHOOL GAMES?

St X alums (myself included) were just advised by the school that tailgating (with alcohol) in the school parking lot will no longer be tolerated due to a few idiots.

So what's your opinion?
Do you tailgate with friends and foes before high school games?
Or do you feel tailgating and high school games don't mix?

USA70PP 10-12-17 10:28 PM

Tailgating does not mean alcohol. When that is added to the mix at a high school, then shut it down.

Buckeye Elite 10-12-17 10:32 PM

Throw out the idiots from the tailgate, block off where alcohol is, check Id's and I see no problem with it

Pope Francis 1 10-12-17 10:36 PM

For the sake of clarity, my question implies beer, wine, etc at the tailgating. Thanks

Cannoli137 10-12-17 10:44 PM

Any type of alcohol is not permitted on any school property. That means beer, wine, or wine coolers, no exceptions. But then again, that’s why they make those little red cups, lol

Mackinbiner 10-12-17 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USA70PP (Post 6868541)
Tailgating does not mean alcohol. When that is added to the mix at a high school, then shut it down.

Ditto.

Man Up 10-12-17 10:47 PM

Sure, I know before Winton woods games at Home, there are some visiting fans that will tailgate, elder, lasalle, bishop chatard in the past, bishop watterson fans have, I think it’s fine and have no issues with it. If they should happen to have an adult beverage then it comes down to adult responsibilities and behaving in a certain manner, after all it’s not like your at a college tailgate.

Yappi 10-12-17 10:53 PM

I will say this is a local decision.

I know that in certain communities, this is strictly off limits and people wouldn't even think about it. In other communities, it's been going on for generations and is expected.

Pope Francis 1 10-12-17 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yappi (Post 6868554)
I will say this is a local decision.

I know that in certain communities, this is strictly off limits and people wouldn't even think about it. In other communities, it's been going on for generations and is expected.

Best answer yet!

Philly_Cat 10-12-17 10:58 PM

Tailgating yes, alcohol no.

ICBM 10-12-17 11:03 PM

Tailgating WITH ALCHOHOL. ABSOLUTLY NOT!

ICBM 10-12-17 11:06 PM

Your title needs changed. You don’t mention alcohol in the poll.

BASESWIMPARENT 10-12-17 11:56 PM

Yes, as long as it is done properly. Of course the usual knuckleheads ruin it for everyone

dmean76 10-13-17 01:28 AM

Tailgating yes! Drinking on school property, NO!

winbypin 10-13-17 02:53 AM

This is a high school game......can't go without alcohol for a few hours?

jackson03 10-13-17 04:24 AM

Unequivocally yes.

fortfan 10-13-17 04:27 AM

Funny thing that goes on here-tailgates with alcohol not allowed on school property so they do it in the Catholic Church parking lot of all places......

USA70PP 10-13-17 04:47 AM

Communal wine only.

By the way, since you added alcohol to the question that would change my vote at least and I imagine it would reverse the totals completely.

sapientia et veritas 10-13-17 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannoli137 (Post 6868549)
Any type of alcohol is not permitted on any school property.

It's allowed in the building itself on big fundraiser nights. I think it's fine unless it gets stupid. At TCC game last season, I asked Deshone Kizer dad to give the Hartley QB mom the ease up hint. He was cool about it, lol. It's all about moderation.

Comet Dad 10-13-17 06:01 AM

I have never understood why people feel the need to get liquored up before a high school game. I have seen parents literally fall down steps. I guess it adds to the experience for these 50 year old adolescents to cheer on their kid while slurring their speech. I'm not going to tell people the shouldn't do it. I'm just going to point out what a big Ahole you look like to others,...including the kids!

Irwin20 10-13-17 06:40 AM

I've never seen anyone get "drunk" at any HS tailgates I've been present at.

bluepride1990 10-13-17 07:06 AM

No need for alcohol at high school tailgate. Fans can make big enough azzes of self without getting drunk.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

thePITman 10-13-17 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USA70PP (Post 6868541)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philly_Cat (Post 6868559)
Tailgating yes, alcohol no.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ICBM (Post 6868561)
Tailgating WITH ALCHOHOL. ABSOLUTLY NOT!

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmean76 (Post 6868598)
Tailgating yes! Drinking on school property, NO!

Quote:

Originally Posted by winbypin (Post 6868602)
This is a high school game......can't go without alcohol for a few hours?

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluepride1990 (Post 6868672)
No need for alcohol at high school tailgate. Fans can make big enough azzes of self without getting drunk.

I agree with these. Alcohol has no place at a high school tailgate.

Taco MacArthur 10-13-17 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckeye Elite (Post 6868542)
Throw out the idiots from the tailgate, block off where alcohol is, check Id's and I see no problem with it

Perfect response. Bunch of wet blankets itt.

Change up 10-13-17 07:12 AM

Parents take it too far. Why get drunk at a high school game? They do too. Some people can’t be away from their alcohol and it’s sad.

cjb56 10-13-17 07:17 AM

Tailgating yes. Alcohol no. Go out to the local watering hole afterward to celebrate or drown your sorrows if that's your pleasure, but no booze at a high school tailgate.

Wahoo Sam 10-13-17 07:18 AM

I haven't been to a St. X Game in a few years but the stories I've been hearing are over the top. People starting to tailgate at 4:30 People driving large RVs and taking up several spots. People working the game having trouble finding parking because of it. This has been addressed I'm told.

Tickets to some St. X games are very hard to get. People were buying an extra ticket so that they could go out and drink at half time.

There were reports of drunk adult fans getting belligerent with workers. It was getting out of hand.

Stirred not Shaken 10-13-17 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pope Francis 1 (Post 6868529)
SHOULD TAILGATING WITH ALCOHOL BE PERMITTED BEFORE HIGH SCHOOL GAMES?

St X alums (myself included) were just advised by the school that tailgating (with alcohol) in the school parking lot will no longer be tolerated due to a few idiots.

So what's your opinion?
Do you tailgate with friends and foes before high school games?
Or do you feel tailgating and high school games don't mix?

It seems that one thing the private Catholics and public MAC Catholic schools have in common is tailgating ( although MAC fans usually do it at a nearby private residence) maybe that is the secret to their success.

birdog 10-13-17 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wahoo Sam (Post 6868682)
I haven't been to a St. X Game in a few years but the stories I've been hearing are over the top. People starting to tailgate at 4:30 People driving large RVs and taking up several spots. People working the game having trouble finding parking because of it. This has been addressed I'm told.

Tickets to some St. X games are very hard to get. People were buying an extra ticket so that they could go out and drink at half time.

There were reports of drunk adult fans getting belligerent with workers. It was getting out of hand.

Gives new meaning to the word "bombers" GBM

Pope Francis 1 10-13-17 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wahoo Sam (Post 6868682)

A few idiots ruin it for the rest of us.........
I don't have a problem with folks enjoying a beer or two with friends & family before the game.