Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority

Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority (http://www.yappi.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boys Basketball (http://www.yappi.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   GCL Breakdown (http://www.yappi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=307562)

Youknow 10-31-17 12:13 PM

GCL Breakdown
 
Practice is starting Friday. Hows this season play out in the GCL North, Central and South top to bottom.
Here my Picks
North
Alter-returning decent guys just always hard to handle
Carroll- returning a lot from last season, could split with Alter
CJ- Hard to replace a guy like Montague, but will always be solid
Fenwick-Decent returners for sure but just not enough

Central
Purcell - Big, Tall, Athletic and Deep this year. Skilled players all around, Baldock being a good addition. Returns everyone from last year. Remeber the name Bryan Warah. Could plays as many as 10 deep this year
Mcnick- Same as purcell, minus the depth, Great guys returning, and big, great skill guys. Mcnick and Purcell play last GCL game of the season, could be for the title
Badin-Long with ok returners. Will always be a tough out, but not enough fire power
Roger Bacon-Pretty much lost all their scoring outside of Bibbs,Well coached but not a lot coming back, with Alec Pfreim going to Moe, and older brother not playing this year. Not looking good for the spartans this year

South
Moeller- Maybe the best theyve been. Loaded everywhere, be interesting to see if they play the stall ball with all the weapons. But could be the year the win it all again
Elder- Solid this year, will be hard to beat at home as always
Lasalle- Decent guys coming back but have to replace a lot of points and leadership from last year
St.X- More of the same, have some young guys that will contribute like Bransford and Payne, but still not enough yet

CometCountry 10-31-17 01:51 PM

You Know--why would the older Pfreim not be playing this year after a run at the State title last year?

Youknow 10-31-17 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CometCountry (Post 6893875)
You Know--why would the older Pfreim not be playing this year after a run at the State title last year?

No one really knows the exact reasoning. All Iíve heard is coaching and the team this year isnít great.

CometCountry 10-31-17 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Youknow (Post 6893984)
No one really knows the exact reasoning. All Iíve heard is coaching and the team this year isnít great.

Odd reasoning to sit out Senior year--should've transferred with brother to Moeller and at least been able to play 1/2 a season for the #1 rated team like his younger brother did:thumb:

Youknow 10-31-17 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CometCountry (Post 6893987)
Odd reasoning to sit out Senior year--should've transferred with brother to Moeller and at least been able to play 1/2 a season for the #1 rated team like his younger brother did:thumb:

Problem is younger brother is much better. Older brother wouldnít make the team at Moeller

TheGreatElk 11-01-17 09:52 PM

Say what you want anout the Central, Alter and Cj always seem to find a way to come out on top. Didn't both beat Final Four Bacon last year? This year Fenwick and Carroll will both be very good. The North is tough and wide open.

bigv 11-02-17 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Youknow (Post 6893708)
Practice is starting Friday. Hows this season play out in the GCL North, Central and South top to bottom.
Here my Picks
North
Alter-returning decent guys just always hard to handle
Carroll- returning a lot from last season, could split with Alter
CJ- Hard to replace a guy like Montague, but will always be solid
Fenwick-Decent returners for sure but just not enough

Central
Purcell - Big, Tall, Athletic and Deep this year. Skilled players all around, Baldock being a good addition. Returns everyone from last year. Remeber the name Bryan Warah. Could plays as many as 10 deep this year
Mcnick- Same as purcell, minus the depth, Great guys returning, and big, great skill guys. Mcnick and Purcell play last GCL game of the season, could be for the title
Badin-Long with ok returners. Will always be a tough out, but not enough fire power
Roger Bacon-Pretty much lost all their scoring outside of Bibbs,Well coached but not a lot coming back, with Alec Pfreim going to Moe, and older brother not playing this year. Not looking good for the spartans this year

South
Moeller- Maybe the best theyve been. Loaded everywhere, be interesting to see if they play the stall ball with all the weapons. But could be the year the win it all again
Elder- Solid this year, will be hard to beat at home as always
Lasalle- Decent guys coming back but have to replace a lot of points and leadership from last year
St.X- More of the same, have some young guys that will contribute like Bransford and Payne, but still not enough yet

Can't wait for the Moeller Springfield game

Kballer 11-04-17 12:44 AM

Agree about Moe- would love to see Kremer just let them play and air it out. Hopefully Duece gets better soon and is able to play after the holidays.

Kballer 11-04-17 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Youknow (Post 6893984)
No one really knows the exact reasoning. All I’ve heard is coaching and the team this year isn’t great.

Am guessing the RB coach can't be too pleased that younger one transferred, maybe not the most comfortable of situations for the senior brother. If that's the case then coach needs to get some perspective as the senior one is a hardnosed player with good experience. I would hope that's not the situation, especially considering that coach Neal would have abandoned ship if offered St. X or Lasalle jobs.

America 11-04-17 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGreatElk (Post 6895829)
Say what you want anout the Central, Alter and Cj always seem to find a way to come out on top. Didn't both beat Final Four Bacon last year? This year Fenwick and Carroll will both be very good. The North is tough and wide open.

Yes Alter played them the second game of the year and won by I believe 7 down at RB. CJ beat them at home in January if I recall right.

Kballer 11-15-17 08:00 AM

Preseason article from Scott Springer on Moeller basketball

https://amp.cincinnati.com/amp/864980001

Havenwood 11-15-17 08:05 PM

Moeller Varsity Roster-

http://www.letsgobigmoe.com/team/ros...ty/basketball/

11- Seniors
5- Juniors
2- Soph

Havenwood 11-15-17 08:20 PM

St X will be much improved this season. I think finish 3rd in GCL South not last. Lasalle will be down this year a bit.

Moeller
Elder
St X
Lasalle

SouthwestOhioGuy17 11-23-17 12:32 PM

Preview
 
Season preview: Fenwick Falcons

http://www.journal-news.com/sports/p...zZIn4N0IU0pFP/

Sports Jock and Chad 11-23-17 12:37 PM

I would rather paint a bathroom than watch a Moeller game...yawn...wake me up when something happens...they win but it is BORING....like my other thread...shot clock...none of this stall bs...anyone moving to the next level will need to learn to 'get theirs"

CometCountry 11-24-17 07:41 PM

Decided to go watch Mason's opening opponent Springboro play Moe in a Foundation game tonight. Surprised to see Hayes in a boot and of course McBride out until later in the season.

Let ya know how it goes--glorified scrimmage.

CometCountry 11-24-17 08:03 PM

Moe starts Pfreim, Davenport, Payton, White and Garcia--Moe up 13-8 after 1st qtr--now 35-10 at the half. Boro struggling big time.

CometCountry 11-24-17 08:59 PM

Moe pulls starters up 30 after 3rd qtr

Kballer 11-24-17 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sports Jock and Chad (Post 6922008)
I would rather paint a bathroom than watch a Moeller game...yawn...wake me up when something happens...they win but it is BORING....like my other thread...shot clock...none of this stall bs...anyone moving to the next level will need to learn to 'get theirs"

Anyone moving to the next level (which Moeller sends more than its fair share there) needs to learn to follow the coaches game plan. You are getting smoked on your other thread by the real basketball people on here. Winning is never boring

Kballer 11-24-17 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CometCountry (Post 6922971)
Moe starts Pfreim, Davenport, Payton, White and Garcia--Moe up 13-8 after 1st qtr--now 35-10 at the half. Boro struggling big time.

Hayes out with ankle injury I heard- any info on how bad/ time frame for return?

Carl Rick 11-25-17 10:48 AM

GCL South Questions:
Does Moeller run the table?
Does St. X finally win a league game?
I say yes to both.
Without seeing them this season I see the battle for 2nd-4th being close.

DaPope 11-25-17 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl Rick (Post 6924272)
GCL South Questions:
Does Moeller run the table?
Does St. X finally win a league game?
I say yes to both.
Without seeing them this season I see the battle for 2nd-4th being close.

Yes and No... St. X is a year away from winning league games or a Better Coach away!

SouthwestOhioGuy17 11-28-17 11:33 PM

Preview
 
Season preview: Badin Rams

http://www.journal-news.com/sports/p...b6hvoqU76nm2M/

SouthwestOhioGuy17 12-02-17 02:35 AM

Badin-Cin. Christian
 
Boisterous crowd helps Badin top CCS in season opener

http://www.journal-news.com/sports/p...jFWUPB9AH58YM/

SouthwestOhioGuy17 12-02-17 02:54 AM

Fenwick-Talawanda
 
Fenwick too strong for Braves in Reed's THS debut

http://www.journal-news.com/sports/p...9u1y1LBgXAdxK/

Kballer 12-12-17 09:04 PM

Moeller falls to Covington Catholic 53-58 for the first time in a few years. Intense game with a SC top 10 dunk by Davenport. CovCath is stacked- their experience and 3 PT shooting by Iowa commit CJ Frederick kept Moeller playing catch up all night. Some great high school basketball tonight in front of a host of celeb fans including a few college coaches.

The Game 12-12-17 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kballer (Post 6942039)
Moeller falls to Covington Catholic 53-58 for the first time in a few years. Intense game with a SC top 10 dunk by Davenport. CovCath is stacked- their experience and 3 PT shooting by Iowa commit CJ Frederick kept Moeller playing catch up all night. Some great high school basketball tonight in front of a host of celeb fans including a few college coaches.

Great game....Moe has to be a lot better from the free throw line. They only made 10 of 19 from the line. On the other hand, I think Cov Cath only missed one all game.

Kballer 12-13-17 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Game (Post 6942256)
Great game....Moe has to be a lot better from the free throw line. They only made 10 of 19 from the line. On the other hand, I think Cov Cath only missed one all game.

AGree- in games like this you can't give up those points. Moeller will continue to improve- this was a good test early and showed the lack of experience as a unit. Cov Cath is the real deal

Jerry Maguire 12-13-17 08:31 AM

In other news, Elder is not good. They will finish last in the GCL.

Youknow 12-13-17 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry Maguire (Post 6942355)
In other news, Elder is not good. They will finish last in the GCL.

I actually think Elder will be ok, I still think they beat X and split with Lasalle. Elder lost at the Pitt to a good Purcell team last night. Purcell gave Moe all they could handle last saturday. Elder relies way to much on the 3.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:01 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.