Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority

Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority (http://www.yappi.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boys Basketball (http://www.yappi.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   2017 Transfers (http://www.yappi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306042)

farnsworth420 09-26-17 01:51 PM

2017 Transfers

Now that school has started. Who has transferred where and how long are they sitting out? I assume that none of them were bona fide moves per the OHSAA rules? 50% of the games?

CoventryTrackXCguy 09-26-17 04:34 PM

Well I do know Ravenna picked up 4 junior returnees. 2 from Hoban, 2 from St. V. Needless to say, I expected a bit more from them this season. They have been quite dissapointing actually.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

SeeYaSometime 09-26-17 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoventryTrackXCguy (Post 6850253)
Well I do know Ravenna picked up 4 junior returnees. 2 from Hoban, 2 from St. V. Needless to say, I expected a bit more from them this season. They have been quite dissapointing actually.

These are basketball transfers from Hoban and SVSM to Ravenna?

Cougarfan22 09-26-17 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeeYaSometime (Post 6850289)
These are basketball transfers from Hoban and SVSM to Ravenna?

2 transfers from Hoban left after their sophomore years and are now seniors and do not play basketball. 2 from St V left last year I believe and do not play basketball either.

Hoban did get a transfer this year from St V and will sit half a season. Should contribute a lot with size and athleticism in second half of season.

usfldan 09-26-17 11:21 PM

Abba Lawal from Walnut Hills to Withrow.

https://twitter.com/therealBHTV/stat...29689637482496

https://twitter.com/MikeDyer/status/903692249216712704

SeeYaSometime 09-27-17 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cougarfan22 (Post 6850475)
2 transfers from Hoban left after their sophomore years and are now seniors and do not play basketball. 2 from St V left last year I believe and do not play basketball either.

Hoban did get a transfer this year from St V and will sit half a season. Should contribute a lot with size and athleticism in second half of season.

Since this is the Basketball Forum, why are football players even mentioned? That was my point. I'd heard about them on the FB forum.

farnsworth420 09-27-17 08:48 AM

Just looking for new boys basketball transfers on this thread, preferably varsity players. Who has transferred this year and during the upcoming season when will they be eligible.

CoventryTrackXCguy 09-27-17 10:43 AM

Forgive me. I was responding to what i thought was a football post. I was responding on my phone via tapatalk. And this thread showed up on my notification inbox. And i for whatever reason thought this was a football post.

farnsworth420 09-27-17 10:49 AM

No worries

SeeYaSometime 09-27-17 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoventryTrackXCguy (Post 6850880)
Forgive me. I was responding to what i thought was a football post. I was responding on my phone via tapatalk. And this thread showed up on my notification inbox. And i for whatever reason thought this was a football post.

No worries, got it cleared up

SeeYaSometime 09-27-17 10:18 PM

Now that Dwyane Wade signed with the Cavaliers, his son Zaire will need to enroll in school somewhere. The 15 yr old is quite talented. Depending on where DWade chooses to live in the area, my projection is either St. Edward or SVSM.

MugnMaul78 09-27-17 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeeYaSometime (Post 6851512)
Now that Dwyane Wade signed with the Cavaliers, his son Zaire will need to enroll in school somewhere. The 15 yr old is quite talented. Depending on where DWade chooses to live in the area, my projection is either St. Edward or SVSM.

Or VASJ. Mo Williams toured the school and his son was very close to attending. Ultimately he stayed in Mississippi with his mom but Mo was impressed. Some of the Cav's, including Tristan Thompson, live in Brathenhal, which is close by.

SeeYaSometime 09-28-17 10:00 AM

DWade has child custody so it's assumption on my part that his sons & nephew will come with him. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

NWObballfan 09-28-17 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeeYaSometime (Post 6851793)
DWade has child custody so it's assumption on my part that his sons & nephew will come with him. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

He already re-enrolled his kids back in Florida schools knowing full well that he was going to get bought out and become a Cav. I assume they'll stay back there with his wife for the season and Wade will join them after his one season with the Cavs.

SeeYaSometime 09-28-17 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWObballfan (Post 6852053)
He already re-enrolled his kids back in Florida schools knowing full well that he was going to get bought out and become a Cav. I assume they'll stay back there with his wife for the season and Wade will join them after his one season with the Cavs.

Very well could be since his contract is for one year only. LeBron's family stayed in Akron during his stint in Miami.

Youknow 09-29-17 08:16 AM

Almost the entire starting 5 at Deer Park high school.
Demani Mcentire oak hill academy
Steve Gentry Purcell
Dashawn Mcentire Purcell
Athie Winton woods (transferred last year)
Jalen rose unknown (transferred last )

chlnewbie 09-29-17 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Youknow (Post 6852679)
Steve Gentry Purcell
Dashawn Mcentire Purcell

Wow they should be pretty good! Good for Deer Park. Im sure Your Cavaliers will be just fine with out those two! Heck Clark still won the league that year Gaines and Owensby left to go to Purcell:Party:

Youknow 09-29-17 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chlnewbie (Post 6853387)
Wow they should be pretty good! Good for Deer Park. Im sure Your Cavaliers will be just fine with out those two! Heck Clark still won the league that year Gaines and Owensby left to go to Purcell:Party:

Yeah Deer Park will be tough. Purcell will be more than fine without them. . Thanks for the your vast knowledge of Clark history. You guys did well with what was left with that program. �� Good to see Deer park went to open enrollment. That should help them out

chlnewbie 09-29-17 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Youknow (Post 6853463)
Yeah Deer Park will be tough. Purcell will be more than fine without them. . Thanks for the your vast knowledge of Clark history. You guys did well with what was left with that program. �� Good to see Deer park went to open enrollment. That should help them out

Yah im a big time Historian!!

Tarheel2336 10-02-17 03:14 PM

DP is not open enrollment.

Youknow 10-02-17 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tarheel2336 (Post 6856457)
DP is not open enrollment.

What? You don't say! :confused: All those people moving into deer park must be an amazing neighbor to live in these days.

Eagles123 10-03-17 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Youknow (Post 6856859)
What? You don't say! :confused: All those people moving into deer park must be an amazing neighbor to live in these days.

If everyone thinks these kids area at Deer Park illegally how is it allowed to happen? Most districts are open enrollment so there is no need to police. But if all of a sudden all these kids show up to a non open enrollment school wouldnt there be an investigation of some sort?

Tarheel2336 10-03-17 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Youknow (Post 6856859)

Just stating a fact. Have seen it thrown around more than once on these boards that DP is open enrollment when they are not. Also not saying these kids are now residents but if it needs to be investigated so be it.

Eagles123 10-03-17 10:12 AM

People seem to be alluding to something without saying exactly what they mean. Either people think the kids at Deer Park are there illegally or they think they moved into the district. I just think people should say what they mean instead of alluding to impropriety. Or just leave it alone.

Tarheel2336 10-03-17 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagles123 (Post 6857273)
People seem to be alluding to something without saying exactly what they mean. Either people think the kids at Deer Park are there illegally or they think they moved into the district. I just think people should say what they mean instead of alluding to impropriety. Or just leave it alone.

I live in the district and honestly have no idea either way. I hear rumors that they are residents and also that they are not but have seen nothing to confirm either side.

Tarheel2336 10-03-17 10:32 AM

I will also say that I am waiting for DP to beat the "wrong team" at some point and there to be an investigation of some type of which we will then get some clarity. Until then, I don't have the time or the energy to worry about tracking down where some high school boys are living. I would like to think the coach is doing things the right way but at some point soon we shall see.

canofchew 10-05-17 07:33 AM

Rumor has it that Trotwood's Amari Davis is thinking about going to Thurdgood Marshall. Any truth on this ???

Zezzo! 10-05-17 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canofchew (Post 6859267)
Rumor has it that Trotwood's Amari Davis is thinking about going to Thurgood Marshall. Any truth on this ???

Why would he leave a state semi-finalist team with 3 starters back and a loaded bench to go to a program that had a historic low of 5 wins last year? And he's THE MAN where he is?
Although I have heard that Twood's coach is not the greatest to play for.

member1 10-05-17 09:28 AM

Davis is not going anywhere.

Carl Rick 10-05-17 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Youknow (Post 6852679)
Steve Gentry Purcell
Dashawn Mcentire Purcell

wow, that's a big transfer list. Is the Park a club team now??