Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority

Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority (http://www.yappi.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Board (http://www.yappi.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Harvey Weinstein (http://www.yappi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306414)

Auggie 10-06-17 07:20 AM

Harvey Weinstein
 
Yet another scum bag uses his position to get sexual favors: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/05/u...legations.html

What makes this one a little different is Harvey is a huge limousine liberal that even help endow a chair at Rutgers in the name of Gloria Steinman for in Media, Culture and Feminist Studies, guess he is doesn't have to practice what he preaches. Wonder if Rachel Madow will do a 20 minute tirade on his inability to keep his buddy in his pants like she did when the Fox guys were exposed?

eastside_purple 10-06-17 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Auggie (Post 6860353)
Yet another scum bag uses his position to get sexual favors: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/05/u...legations.html

What makes this one a little different is Harvey is a huge limousine liberal that even help endow a chair at Rutgers in the name of Gloria Steinman for in Media, Culture and Feminist Studies, guess he is doesn't have to practice what he preaches. Wonder if Rachel Madow will do a 20 minute tirade on his inability to keep his buddy in his pants like she did when the Fox guys were exposed?

Absolutely she should. You seem bitter she did a story on the fox guys. :shrug:

EHS 2001 10-06-17 08:24 AM

http://www.jammiewf.com/assets/weinsteinclinton.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...73_634x486.jpg

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1344360/im...A-facebook.jpg

Auggie 10-06-17 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eastside_purple (Post 6860402)
Absolutely she should. You seem bitter she did a story on the fox guys. :shrug:

I hate Fox and everything they stand for but what I hate more is hypocrisy. Harvey and his hotel room meetings were common knowledge throughout Hollywood and the DNC yet they looked the other way because he had so much power and $s. He is no different that scum bag Roger Ailes yet it took years for Jodi Kantor to get the story printed because so many folks were deadly afraid of what would happen when it got out. Not surprisingly he still denies everything and is suing the NY Times; not manning up and admitting the guilt. Let's see if SNL does a cold opening mocking Harvey.

eastside_purple 10-06-17 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Auggie (Post 6860456)
I hate Fox and everything they stand for but what I hate more is hypocrisy. Harvey and his hotel room meetings were common knowledge throughout Hollywood and the DNC yet they looked the other way because he had so much power and $s. He is no different that scum bag Roger Ailes yet it took years for Jodi Kantor to get the story printed because so many folks were deadly afraid of what would happen when it got out. Not surprisingly he still denies everything and is suing the NY Times; not manning up and admitting the guilt. Let's see if SNL does a cold opening mocking Harvey.

:laugh: yeah, let's see.

4cards 10-06-17 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Auggie (Post 6860456)
I hate Fox and everything they stand for but what I hate more is hypocrisy. Harvey and his hotel room meetings were common knowledge throughout Hollywood and the DNC yet they looked the other way because he had so much power and $s. He is no different that scum bag Roger Ailes yet it took years for Jodi Kantor to get the story printed because so many folks were deadly afraid of what would happen when it got out. Not surprisingly he still denies everything and is suing the NY Times; not manning up and admitting the guilt. Let's see if SNL does a cold opening mocking Harvey.

...not a chance!

ronnie mund 10-06-17 10:37 AM

Rumors are that J-Law may have been one of "Harvey's Girls". Would explain her sudden explosion into Hollywood.

eastisbest 10-06-17 10:44 AM

Or maybe she can actually act.

Dude keeps his hands well hidden.

Quote:

Originally Posted by EHS 2001 (Post 6860454)


winbypin 10-06-17 10:58 AM

So did Ashley Judd give in or not?

Arrogate 10-06-17 11:16 AM

Probably, them Kentucky girls put out

Auggie 10-06-17 11:44 AM

Another fascinating twist to this situation, Lisa Bloom is representing Harvey as part of his legal dream team that is advising him on this scandal. She is the daughter of the iconic feminist attorney Gloria Allred and represented the women that accused Trump and Bill O'Reilley in sexual harassment complaints. Now all of a sudden she has a change of heart and is representing the attacker?!?

“When women speak our truth the old order shatters. We slayed the dragon.” Lisa Bloom

Again the hypocrisy...

EagleGuy 10-06-17 12:00 PM

Yet, so typical. The end justifies the means. Sick.

eastside_purple 10-06-17 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Auggie (Post 6860718)
Another fascinating twist to this situation, Lisa Bloom is representing Harvey as part of his legal dream team that is advising him on this scandal. She is the daughter of the iconic feminist attorney Gloria Allred and represented the women that accused Trump and Bill O'Reilley in sexual harassment complaints. Now all of a sudden she has a change of heart and is representing the attacker?!?

“When women speak our truth the old order shatters. We slayed the dragon.” Lisa Bloom

Again the hypocrisy...

Maybe I'm missing the hypocrisy in her comments in this article.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/10/0....html?referer=

Auggie 10-06-17 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eastside_purple (Post 6860743)
Maybe I'm missing the hypocrisy in her comments in this article.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/10/0....html?referer=

Then you must be blind. Think Ms. Bloom would represent Donald Trump if he asked? Many of her colleagues, including her mother, are upset with this development and she will be shunned in feminist circles. Oh by the way, Harvey's company paid her some decent $s for the rights to her book on Travon Martin, I'm sure that didn't play into this :Ohno:

eastside_purple 10-06-17 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Auggie (Post 6860765)
Then you must be blind. Think Ms. Bloom would represent Donald Trump if he asked? Many of her colleagues, including her mother, are upset with this development and she will be shunned in feminist circles. Oh by the way, Harvey's company paid her some decent $s for the rights to her book on Travon Martin, I'm sure that didn't play into this :Ohno:

From that article it doesn't sound like she's defending his actions. What is the hypocrisy? Your speculation that she wouldn't represent Trump, if asked? :shrug:

lotr10 10-07-17 09:04 AM

In case you haven't reached peak Weinstein yet here's a delightful story about this supporter of women's issues:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...ushpmg00000067

Harvey Weinstein once trapped a woman in the hallway of a restaurant that was closed to the public and masturbated in front of her until he ejaculated, she says. The accusation comes a day after Weinstein was the subject of a bombshell New York Times report that revealed that he has settled at least eight sexual harassment claims.

Charming huh!

lotr10 10-07-17 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4cards (Post 6860631)
...not a chance!

I suspect you're right 4cards! I don't watch the late night TV "comedians" so my information could be off but according to reports they are NOT making fun of this guy in their late night routines. Frankly, I find that hard to believe as one can only imagine what the late night guys would be saying if the shoe was on another ideological foot!

eastside_purple 10-07-17 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lotr10 (Post 6862287)
I suspect you're right 4cards! I don't watch the late night TV "comedians" so my information could be off but according to reports they are NOT making fun of this guy in their late night routines. Frankly, I find that hard to believe as one can only imagine what the late night guys would be saying if the shoe was on another ideological foot!

I know how you feel, I’m pretty disappointed they ignored the Tim Murphy story as well. :shrug:

lotr10 10-07-17 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eastside_purple (Post 6862326)
I know how you feel, I’m pretty disappointed they ignored the Tim Murphy story as well. :shrug:

I had to Google to find out who the hell Tim Murphy was. So you're comparing the comedic fodder of an obscure PA congress-critter to an A list Hollywood mogul who has had close relationships with the elite democrat power structure and has hobnobbed with two previous presidents and one hoped to be president?

eastside_purple 10-07-17 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lotr10 (Post 6862337)
I had to Google to find out who the hell Tim Murphy was. So you're comparing the comedic fodder of an obscure PA congress-critter to an A list Hollywood mogul who has had close relationships with the elite democrat power structure and has hobnobbed with two previous presidents and one hoped to be president?

Yeah, I was disappointed they didn’t make fun of him. :shrug:

I also expected more of F’n Moron-gate too. I mean, has a sitting president ever been called a “ing moron” by a cabinet member before? That’s awesome and just writes jokes by itself. :laugh:

Neopolitan 10-07-17 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lotr10 (Post 6862337)
I had to Google to find out who the hell Tim Murphy was. So you're comparing the comedic fodder of an obscure PA congress-critter to an A list Hollywood mogul who has had close relationships with the elite democrat power structure and has hobnobbed with two previous presidents and one hoped to be president?

I wouldn't say Murphy was obscure. He was an 8-term congressman from a swing district. That's usually a pretty big deal.

Auggie 10-08-17 10:14 PM

Harvey is fired by the Company he started. https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/10/0...gtype=Homepage

Also of note, the NY Times had column about how they couldn't get anyone in Hollywood to speak about Harvey on the record because they are still afraid of him and that it was bad for business.

OhioBobcatFan06 10-09-17 08:33 AM

The fox guy had his name removed from University buildings. Does Weinstein have his name on stuff at Rutgers?

If I recall Weinstein was portrayed as a huge scumbag in the tv show Entourage. Obviously you never know how accurate a portrayal like that is, but I assumed it was somewhat on point so this news isn't surprising.

EastYoungstown 10-09-17 08:47 AM

pigs get what pigs deserve

Neopolitan 10-09-17 05:01 PM

Weinstein sent a desperate letter to Hollywood CEO's trying to prevent his firing. :laugh:



https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DLuQOsGUIAAgVqM.jpg:large

eastisbest 10-09-17 05:40 PM

Not to make light, but comparing his victims to Cosby's, he was a little more discriminating.

OK, I'll march to hell now.

domi 10-09-17 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neopolitan (Post 6862480)
I wouldn't say Murphy was obscure. He was an 8-term congressman from a swing district. That's usually a pretty big deal.

Is that the prolife in the streets and prochoice in the sheets guy?

tallmadge H2 dad 10-09-17 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eastside_purple (Post 6860743)
Maybe I'm missing the hypocrisy in her comments in this article.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/10/0....html?referer=

You normally do

eastside_purple 10-09-17 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by domi (Post 6864791)
Is that the prolife in the streets and prochoice in the sheets guy?

Yup.

Yappi 10-10-17 02:00 PM

Fashion designer Donna Karan comes to Harvey Weinstein's DEFENSE suggesting his victims may have been 'asking for it' by the way they dress calling the shamed mogul and his wife 'wonderful people'

Quote:

She told a reporter: 'I think we have to look at ourselves. Obviously, the treatment of women all over the world is something that has always had to be identified. Certainly in the country of Haiti where I work, in Africa, in the developing world, it's been a hard time for women.

'To see it here in our own country is very difficult, but I also think how do we display ourselves? How do we present ourselves as women? What are we asking? Are we asking for it by presenting all the sensuality and all the sexuality?

'And what are we throwing out to our children today about how to dance and how to perform and what to wear? How much should they show?'
Read more:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4v8Jcm2sq


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:43 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.