Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority

Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority (http://www.yappi.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Board (http://www.yappi.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Breaking Bad (http://www.yappi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=299548)

tallmadge H2 dad 02-05-17 09:17 AM

Breaking Bad

I know there was a thread on this once upon a time, but I couldn't find it.

I am starting this series from episode 1. I have never seen an episode, and I know nothing about the premise of the show. I am watching simply based on recommendations by many people. It seems that anytime the subject comes up, people cannot believe that I have never watched. Everyone has told me that it is one of the best series ever.

Anything I should know heading into this?

Possessed 02-05-17 09:42 AM

Nope. Anything anyone tells will probably tip a plot line later down the road. I don't usually like "series". But I have to say, BB is one of the best shows I've watched once it gets rolling.

clarkgriswold 02-05-17 09:57 AM

Give it a little time for character development and the storyline to start rolling. It doesn't overwhelm you at first.

Uncle Ted 02-05-17 10:20 AM

You will end up putting yourself in Walters shoes and sympathize for him, then you will hate him, then like him.

eastside_purple 02-05-17 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Ted (Post 6693907)
You will end up putting yourself in Walters shoes and sympathize for him, then you will hate him, then like him.

I did this with you, but never got back to liking you again.

TroyTrojan05 02-05-17 10:36 AM

This is the greatest show of all time. The above post is correct, be patient with character development. First season starts a little slow but then it takes off. You will be hooked and won't be able to stop watching after a while...

cabezadecaballo 02-05-17 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eastside_purple (Post 6693914)

:laugh:

It never stops.....

eastside_purple 02-05-17 11:26 AM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ojLkUsfOOY...this-train.gif

tallmadge H2 dad 02-05-17 11:30 AM

Thanks. Pretty excited to get started with it

TroyTrojan05 02-05-17 11:48 AM

I hated Jesse at first but then loved him.

CatAlum 02-05-17 05:05 PM

I wouldn't watch it if you're planning on moving to Albuquerque. Otherwise, it's great television. My wife found the violence excessive/gratuitous early on and she stopped watching, but came back to it in the last season or two.

One other thing...I have no interest in watching it a second time. I could watch The Wire or The West Wing many times (maybe Mad Men as well), but, for me, I think BB is too dark for re-runs.

FWIW...we recently binge-watched Friday Night Lights. Never saw it when it was on network TV. Really, really good television, especially if you appreciate high school sports.

Crusaders 02-05-17 05:13 PM

Probably the best show ever made. Have watched it through a couple times.

Sig Hansen 02-05-17 05:36 PM

I'm probably the only person left on earth who's never seen an episode of Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead or House of Cards. Just can't get into TV series

eastside_purple 02-05-17 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sig Hansen (Post 6694165)
I'm probably the only person left on earth who's never seen an episode of Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead or House of Cards. Just can't get into TV series

I've seen Breaking Bad, but not the others you listed. Also haven't seen Mad Men or Friday Night Lights.

Sig Hansen 02-05-17 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eastside_purple (Post 6694169)
I've seen Breaking Bad, but not the others you listed. Also haven't seen Mad Men or Friday Night Lights.

Me neither.

tallmadge H2 dad 02-05-17 06:03 PM

Quote:

I have not seen an episode of any of these either. Looking forward to BB though

EHS 2001 02-05-17 07:12 PM

Other than a handful of short flashbacks, Breaking Bad is basically one continuously developing story. Most times one episode ends and the next episode picks up almost immediately where the previous one left off.

Sykotyk 02-05-17 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EHS 2001 (Post 6694209)
Other than a handful of short flashbacks, Breaking Bad is basically one continuously developing story. Most times one episode ends and the next episode picks up almost immediately where the previous one left off.

But it does have the cryptic flash forwards throughout.

Breaking Bad is one of the greatest shows of all time. It really makes you feel for Walt at first. You hate Jesse the slacker. But your eventually despise Walt. Eventually he does something you cannot condone. And eventually you really want to see Jesse overcome his problems.

The story should draw you in. But the cinematography really sells the story.

ronnie mund 02-05-17 07:53 PM

Quote:

Last edgiest person on earth also.

Uncle Ted 02-05-17 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eastside_purple (Post 6693914)

Liar. You love me

tallmadge H2 dad 02-05-17 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Ted (Post 6694244)
Liar. You love me

He does seem a little light in the loafers

Spille 02-06-17 10:49 AM

Loved it. I also binge watched. I couldn't get through it fast enough. The episodes just get better and better. I found myself really liking one main character and hating the other at the beginning, by time the show closed, it was just the opposite. Factor in the DEA brother-in-law and you can sense early on that an explosive conflict would arise. I thought the show was very well acted, usually TV shows leave me wanting more from the actors. Walt, Jesse, Saul, Mike and Gus really play their part well. It's the best TV series I've ever seen.

tallmadge H2 dad 02-06-17 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spille (Post 6694640)
Loved it. I also binge watched. I couldn't get through it fast enough. The episodes just get better and better. I found myself really liking one main character and hating the other at the beginning, by time the show closed, it was just the opposite. Factor in the DEA brother-in-law and you can sense early on that an explosive conflict would arise. I thought the show was very well acted, usually TV shows leave me wanting more from the actors. Walt, Jesse, Saul, Mike and Gus really play their part well. It's the best TV series I've ever seen.

That's what everyone has told me. I can't wait to get a few episodes in to continue to learn the characters.

Yappi 02-06-17 10:21 PM

I just finished watching this series. The only thing that bothered me about binge watching it is that there was no one to talk to because everyone was at different stages (most having watched it all)

Definitely a great series. I can't really think of anything I would change about the show.

Sig Hansen 02-06-17 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronnie mund (Post 6694237)
Last edgiest person on earth also.

Ur just jealous

cabezadecaballo 02-06-17 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eastside_purple (Post 6693949)

:laugh:

I like Ted. I guess I'll have to take the bus.

cabezadecaballo 02-06-17 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tallmadge H2 dad (Post 6694267)
He does seem a little light in the loafers

IKR, but as near as I can tell, he is just a mean, aging, metro-sexual hipster gay-enabler with fragile high self esteem and delusions of grandeur. No homo.

Yellow_Jacket06 02-07-17 03:34 AM

The Sopranos is still at the top of my list but Breaking Bad is right there. Best non-premium channel show in cable history IMO.

tallmadge H2 dad 02-07-17 06:26 AM

Watched episode 1 last night after the Cavs game. I can tell I'm going to love this. I can't wait to learn the characters. This episode mostly focused on Walt

TroyTrojan05 02-07-17 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tallmadge H2 dad (Post 6695160)
Watched episode 1 last night after the Cavs game. I can tell I'm going to love this. I can't wait to learn the characters. This episode mostly focused on Walt

Just remember how you see Walt now. A geeky pushover Mr. Rogers. Then wait until you see him at the end of this series.