Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority

Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority (http://www.yappi.com/forums/index.php)
-   Professional Football (NFL) (http://www.yappi.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   2018 Cincinnati Bengals (http://www.yappi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=309932)

Taco MacArthur 01-18-18 12:53 PM

2018 Cincinnati Bengals

Might as well get this kicked off with Kiper's first mock draft, not that it means much.

Quote:

12. Cincinnati Bengals
*Tremaine Edmunds, LB, Virginia Tech

Edmunds is another one of my favorite prospects. At 6-5, he doesn't have the typical frame of a middle linebacker, but he truly could play inside or outside -- he had 109 total tackles and 14 tackles for loss in 2017. If he ended up in Cincinnati under new defensive coordinator Teryl Austin, he'd probably be an outside linebacker who could rush the passer on passing downs. I've said before that Edmunds has the most upside of any linebacker in this class.
If they go LBer, I really hope Roquan Smith from Georgia falls to #12. In Kiper's mock he goes to 10th to the Raiders.

adselder09 01-18-18 01:02 PM

I'm with you Taco. If Smith is gone, I'd go OL and hope one of the OT's are still there.

WinstonSmith 01-18-18 01:30 PM

^^ Same

Termite2 01-22-18 05:17 PM

I like Mike McGlinchey for the Bengal pick, would like the Bengals to after Ryan Jensen in FA, neither is likely to happen :dang:

JElder 01-23-18 10:37 AM

I hope the Bengals trade back if they can't get the ND guard and get an OT later in the first. This years crop of tackles is far from a sure thing.

eastside_purple 01-23-18 11:01 AM

After last years pick wtf knows who and what area they will target.

cabezadecaballo 01-24-18 07:09 PM

They say Jarvis Landry will not return to Miami. He'd look good opposite Green. Can you guys afford him with the other needs pending ?

Definitely a deeper draft for RB than for WR.

Taco MacArthur 01-25-18 08:08 AM

They can definitely afford him. I couldn't expect Mike Brown to pay Landry what he wants though.

eastside_purple 01-25-18 08:50 AM

The fanbase doesn’t want another “weapon”, it wants them to strengthen the OL through FA. I wouldn’t expect a Landry signing.

clarkgriswold 01-25-18 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eastside_purple (Post 6971267)
The fanbase doesn’t want another “weapon”, it wants them to strengthen the OL through FA. I wouldn’t expect a Landry signing.

Wouldn't that be classic Ohio professional football- let a guy like Zeitler leave in free agency then overspend the next year to repair the line his loss damaged.

TylerDurden 01-25-18 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clarkgriswold (Post 6971316)
Wouldn't that be classic Ohio professional football- let a guy like Zeitler leave in free agency then overspend the next year to repair the line his loss damaged.

If the Bengals bring in a OG I'd be shocked if he made anywhere close to what it would have cost to keep Zeitler.

Termite2 01-26-18 07:50 AM

Browns made Zeitler the highest paid guard in NFL history [not sure if he still is] , he did not play like it this year. He is very good, but better DT's [games aginst Cin, Balt, Ten, Jac]gave him problems.

Not resigning Whitworth was a huge mistake,should have tagged him, that way if he had a bad season, it would only have been a 1 year money hit.

This year, can't wait to see what injury prone potato chip the Bengals pick in the first round.

Descartes 02-28-18 08:03 PM

Tremaine Edmunds might be the best player in the Draft. Absolutely must draft him if available. If he’s not available, there’s several solid OT prospects.

Taco MacArthur 03-01-18 07:45 AM

What prompted that comment, pboy?

clarkgriswold 03-01-18 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Descartes (Post 6997951)
Tremaine Edmunds might be the best player in the Draft. Absolutely must draft him if available. If he’s not available, there’s several solid OT prospects.

That guy is big and fast. On the right team, he could have some real impact as a rookie.

eastside_purple 03-01-18 08:49 AM

Certainly wouldn’t be upset if the Bengals drafted an impact lb in rd 1 at all.

Descartes 03-01-18 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur (Post 6998226)
What prompted that comment, pboy?

Mike Mayock was raving about him. Unfortunately, could mean he’s gone before the Bengals get their chance.

Descartes 03-01-18 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clarkgriswold (Post 6998262)
That guy is big and fast. On the right team, he could have some real impact as a rookie.

Sounds like he and Nelson, the OG from ND are the two players most ready to contribute Day 1.

eastside_purple 03-01-18 10:10 AM

I wouldn’t expect him to be available at 12, but who knows.

Descartes 03-01-18 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eastside_purple (Post 6998346)
I wouldn’t expect him to be available at 12, but who knows.

Where would the Bengals be drafting if they lost to the Ravens that final game? It was nice to see Buffalo get in the playoffs, but it kinda screwed the Bengals.

eastside_purple 03-01-18 12:51 PM

Yeah, when you start as badly as the bengals did, the worst case scenario is they rise up to mediocrity, which is exactly what happened.

clarkgriswold 03-01-18 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Descartes (Post 6998311)
Sounds like he and Nelson, the OG from ND are the two players most ready to contribute Day 1.

I think Roquan Smith my also step in somewhere ready to go, but he's not the specimen Edwards is.

eastside_purple 03-01-18 02:53 PM

I’d be happy with one of those three, in this order: Nelson, Edmunds, and Smith. If the Bengals can draft a sure-fire day one contributor on the OL or LB, they definitely need to pull the trigger.

clarkgriswold 03-01-18 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eastside_purple (Post 6998601)
I’d be happy with one of those three, in this order: Nelson, Edmunds, and Smith. If the Bengals can draft a sure-fire day one contributor on the OL or LB, they definitely need to pull the trigger.

I suspect Nelson and Edmunds will be gone before the Bengals are up, but Smith could be there.

eastside_purple 03-01-18 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clarkgriswold (Post 6998700)
I suspect Nelson and Edmunds will be gone before the Bengals are up, but Smith could be there.

Yup, same here.

JElder 03-02-18 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Descartes (Post 6998482)
Where would the Bengals be drafting if they lost to the Ravens that final game? It was nice to see Buffalo get in the playoffs, but it kinda screwed the Bengals.

I think they could of been as high as 9 or maybe 10. They didn't lose a ton of ground winning the Baltimore game but it may be enough for them to not be able to draft Smith or Edmunds. Nelson will be gone in the top 7..

eastside_purple 03-02-18 04:52 PM

Saw the Bengals and Kurt Coleman have a mutual interest. He’s ~30 and the Panthers waived him, can he be an asset next year? Certainly can’t hurt, I suppose.

Taco MacArthur 03-02-18 07:13 PM

I saw Profootball Focus rated him pretty lowly in pass coverage and average in run defense. For the right price I wouldn't mind the depth.

clarkgriswold 03-03-18 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur (Post 6999780)
I saw Profootball Focus rated him pretty lowly in pass coverage and average in run defense. For the right price I wouldn't mind the depth.

Sounds like he'd fit right in!

Descartes 03-09-18 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JElder (Post 6999506)
I think they could of been as high as 9 or maybe 10. They didn't lose a ton of ground winning the Baltimore game but it may be enough for them to not be able to draft Smith or Edmunds. Nelson will be gone in the top 7..

After the combine, Nelson isn’t falling out of the Top 10. There’s a trend OSU amount of depth at the OT position in this draft. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Bengals could get land a quality OT prospect in Rnd 2. For now, they need to be focused on Edmunds or Roquan Smith. If that doesn’t pan out, maybe trade down a bit in the First.