YSU Football HC Replacing Pelini

I think it will be his brother Carl.
Sure hope it's not. If his name's not Pelini, would he even be in the conversation?
These two incidents, especially the one from Florida, would certainly indicate no (from Wikipedia):

Pelini's brother Bo was named Callahan's successor and brought Pelini with him upon his return. Carl Pelini returned to Nebraska, this time in the role of Defensive Coordinator and Defensive Line Coach.

In 2010, following a heated loss at Texas A&M that included fans storming the field, Pelini was accused by TexAgs co-owner Brandon Jones, who was on the field as a credentialed media member, of grabbing and damaging his camera.[3] Pelini initially denied the accusations, but after video evidence from Jones' camera and another camera in the stands showed him lunging towards Jones and grabbing the camera unprovoked, he apologized and offered to pay to fix any damage done to the camera.[4]

On December 1, 2011, Pelini became the head football coach at Florida Atlantic University.

He resigned on October 30, 2013 after FAU athletic director Pat Chun confronted Pelini and defensive coordinator Pete Rekstis with reports of illegal drug use. He resigned with a 5–15 record.[5]

Chun told the Sun Sentinel, “They admitted to wrongdoings and they resigned on the spot."

Chun said he was approached by two unnamed people, both of whom said they had evidence of drug use by the coaches. Chun and assistant athletic director Melissa Dawson investigated the incident and found more evidence implicating the two coaches.[6]

Two names I've heard:

Shane Montgomery, former YSU assistant coach/OC; currently OC/QB coach at James Madison; was HC at Miami, Ohio 2005-2008.

Vince Keheres just left Mt. Union for an assistant position at Toledo, might he be a candidate?

The Kentucky board Wildcat Lair had a few people saying Vince Marrow’s name was in the mix. I have no idea if it’s true but Kentucky football would sorely miss Marrow and his recruiting saavy.

Rick Shepas, former YSU All American reciever, former Waynesburg HFC, and current Youngstown Schools Athletic Director. Mike Stoops, former Arizona WIldcats Head Coach.

To follow up on my first post above regarding Carl Pelini...

"...FAU athletic director Pat Chun confronted Pelini and defensive coordinator Pete Rekstis with reports of illegal drug use. He resigned with a 5–15 record.[5]

Chun told the Sun Sentinel, “They admitted to wrongdoings and they resigned on the spot."

Chun said he was approached by two unnamed people, both of whom said they had evidence of drug use by the coaches. Chun and assistant athletic director Melissa Dawson investigated the incident and found more evidence implicating the two coaches.[6]..."

Those drug use allegations were apparently confessed to, and confirmed. But that didn't stop YSU from hiring him as one of his brother's assistant coaches. Hmmm?

Hey, local high school coaching legend (?) Andy Hake is available, isn't he ?

Nate Moore the current coach at Massillon, according to Tiger fans...he is the greatest coach in the country....perhaps he could revive the Penguins struggling program
Okay, we know he is good recruiter but we want someone who can win a conference championship and the title game.

LOL! Stay with what you know anything about. Alliance, Louisville, etc.
I have been a season ticket holder at YSU for years, this is not a job for a Dll high school football coach. My money is on Tressel bringing back one of his ex- coaches like Hazell

I have been a season ticket holder at YSU for years, this is not a job for a Dll high school football coach. My money is on Tressel bringing back one of his ex- coaches like Hazell

Coach Moore won a title.—-LaSalle.

I wouldn't be upset if Moore got the job, again YSU would finally recruit Stark but I don't think he is ready for that level of competition. OOC in the coming years has Michigan State, Maryland and West Virginia on the schedule plus playing the best conference in FCS. Would be hard for him to have time to grow into this position. Would take him as the DC and take over in a couple years.

I wouldn't be upset if Moore got the job, again YSU would finally recruit Stark but I don't think he is ready for that level of competition. OOC in the coming years has Michigan State, Maryland and West Virginia on the schedule plus playing the best conference in FCS. Would be hard for him to have time to grow into this position. Would take him as the DC and take over in a couple years.

Regardless, I hope Coach Moore stays in Massillon for a long, long time.

NLOID is next week. What a mess (just as Pelini intended).

While still not ideal timing because of the February signing day, they did ink a lot of kids for the 2020 class in the now-popular early signing period, which culminated in December:

HOT TAKE. Why would he want to do that?
Maybe to give his brother Carl a perceived advantage, given the timing ?
In other words...he's part of the current staff, he knows the current players, has had a hand and say in the incoming recruiting class.
And, oh, he's Bo's brother.

In contract extension negotiations last year, Pelini sought WRITTEN guarantees Carl would get the HC job when he left. YSU refused. Pelini took a pay cut in negotiations as well.

YSUs recruit talent has been falling since Pelini has been there. The last 2 classes overall are stinkers. Early recruits in Dec. used up most schollies leaving little for Feb. signings. Huge deficits at OL, RB, WR,LB and DB. Carl won’t get the job and YSU, other than their weenie early games gets their butts kicked in the MVFC again. Will take years for YSU to recover.