Your Top 5 College Football Teams This Season

Is there any reason Texas A&M is still in the Top 25, other than to give Bama a “ranked” opponent this week?

Interesting that Clemson keeps falling even with winning, maybe showing wins over quality opponents are mattering more. I could see the winner of an unbeaten OSU/Wisky jumping them.

Interesting that Clemson keeps falling even with winning, maybe showing wins over quality opponents are mattering more. I could see the winner of an unbeaten OSU/Wisky jumping them.
Quality wins are huge for the playoff. Clemson won’t have any, but they’ll go unbeaten, and you can’t exclude an unbeaten defending champ.

I was all wired to counter that, then checked. Yeah you're right. They beat two teams Cinci beat, by better margins but it wasn't outright destruction. Baylor the only ranked team on their schedule.

They're this year's Boise St. :D j/k

I imagine they're competitive with the other top teams. Tough games yet at Iowa St and away at Oklahoma St. Maybe they'll do us all a favor and lose a couple.

Here's mine, based on how they've played to date:

Ohio State
LSU
Alabama
Oklahoma
Wisconsin

Two Others on the Bubble of the Top 5:
Clemson
Penn State

I think Alabama and LSU are both vulnerable bc their defenses havent looked great, however their offenses are just so dang good. Which is weird to say about both after years of them being pretty vanilla. OU's defense is better but I am not sure I trust Hurts to play well in big games, he didnt look that great against Texas.

Nothing exciting but these are my top 6 teams, no order

Wisconsin
OSU
OU
Bama
LSU
Clemson

I would put Clemson at #6, might change by the end of the year but they havent been very impressive

Their season kind of reminds me of the Florida St team after they won the NC. Just dont seem like the same team, their d line isnt near as dominant as last year. Maybe it changes by years end.

Not seeing an argument for Oklahoma over Penn State. There isn’t that much separating Texas and Iowa and Penn State plays better defense.

Penn State's defense is really, really good. Their offense is going to have to lay a total egg for them to be anything but undefeated going into their late November matchup with Ohio State. If not for a highlight reel grab Iowa wouldn't have found the end zone against them. I expect the same this week. Michigan might not hit double digits on the road in Happy Valley.

Not seeing an argument for Oklahoma over Penn State. There isn’t that much separating Texas and Iowa and Penn State plays better defense.

I think the best argument to put Oklahoma over Penn State is that the Okies get more production out of their QB and have a much higher powered offense then PS has. Over the last couple of years it seems like playoff & championship games are being won by teams with explosive offenses. You only need a defense that's good enough.

And this is why Ohio State is a giant in the B1G. They have a championship caliber offense and a decent defense.

An Iowa team that lost to Michigan? Either Michigan is a legit top 25 team or Iowa isn’t that good. You can’t have it both ways.

I think the best argument to put Oklahoma over Penn State is that the Okies get more production out of their QB and have a much higher powered offense then PS has. Over the last couple of years it seems like playoff & championship games are being won by teams with explosive offenses. You only need a defense that's good enough.

And this is why Ohio State is a giant in the B1G. They have a championship caliber offense and a decent defense.

Penn St might be THAT good, but I need to see them vs an OSU or Wisconsin before putting them in the top 5.

An Iowa team that lost to Michigan? Either Michigan is a legit top 25 team or Iowa isn’t that good. You can’t have it both ways.

I never said Michigan wasn’t a legit Top 25 team. Going to Michigan playing a tough game there then giving Penn State a tough game is the mark of a solid team. I haven’t seen anything from Texas that makes them significantly better than Iowa.