Youngstown Liberty vs Kirtland

Lep2002

#6 vs #3. Cal Preps has it 31-28 Kirtland. This should be a fun one. Kirtland has a power running game while Liberty is more speed. The Leopards might have the best player in the region in Dra Rushton but the rain and soggy field conditions should benefit Kirtland. Liberty has a big and good OL, but the DL and LB's are smaller.

I don't know much about Kirtland. They haven't played many close games this year. They had a 14-13 win over a 5-5 Chagrin Falls team that I think is better than their record, but that was way back in week one. I know Liberty has improved dramatically since their week one loss to division 4 playoff team Struthers.

Any thoughts or predictions? I think these are 2 of the 10 best teams in the state at D6.

Liberty struggles against big power running teams the last couple of seasons. Seeing them week 1 would lead me to believe this will be more of the same. But week 1 was a long time ago.
I want liberty to win this one bad for the mahoning Valley. They can win. But Kirtland is going to be a very difficult situation

This is probably the best 1st round game in all of Division 6. Drew Pasteur has these teams ranked # 3 and #11 in Division 6. It's also a battle of contrasting offensive styles.

I think home field, weather, and experience are too much of a factor and Kirtland wins by 14.