Youngstown Area Coaching Changes

Since Timmy Ryan will be unemployed come January and would be available to bring his old football passing skills back to Trumbull county and could take the job coaching the tigers. I am sure he could buy the votes of the school board by showing them how to rig the elections to get some school ballots pass. Sounds like a win win
He did say in his commercials that "I still got it". 😅

With Crestview, Cusick is still the Athletic Director. The Crestview BOE instituted the rule of administrators not also coaching. Cusick chose to keep his higher-paying AD job over coaching. But I have to think that he will have a lot to say about who gets the football head coaching job, and probably has already recommended a few guys from his own staff.

With Crestview, Cusick is still the Athletic Director. The Crestview BOE instituted the rule of administrators not also coaching. Cusick chose to keep his higher-paying AD job over coaching. But I have to think that he will have a lot to say about who gets the football head coaching job, and probably has already recommended a few guys from his own staff.
Wasn't his son a Senior this past season?

Per WFMJ, Howland has 22 applicants. List is on the site. My guess would be Brian Jones. Crestview/Liverpool will have coaches by Christmas. 3 teams playing this week. Lots of Football action in the Valley

Per WFMJ, Howland has 22 applicants. List is on the site. My guess would be Brian Jones. Crestview/Liverpool will have coaches by Christmas. 3 teams playing this week. Lots of Football action in the Valley
Not a great list. Im
Surprised nobody is really going for the job. The Howland poster has said tho it would be dumb for anyone to take that job. I knew Kuntz wouldn’t apply

Not a great list. Im
Surprised nobody is really going for the job. The Howland poster has said tho it would be dumb for anyone to take that job. I knew Kuntz wouldn’t apply

Sounds like a massive rebuild/challenge for anyone who accepts the job. I know a few of these names, but there is one name that sticks out, which is Sheptock. I believe he teaches in Howland and is a (the?) track coach as well.

I see the name Tony Arcuri on that list. Is that the same guy that coached at Cincinnati Indian Hill for the last several years? He had some pretty good teams there. I know they took eventual state champ Wyoming to OT before losing by 3 in the playoffs in 2018.

Crestview job closes the 9th. Seems like they want to have a guy before Christmas. Names I have heard attached to this job were some Columbiana coaches like Altamore or McLaughlin. Some Mahoning coaches to like Assion. Who knows if they go for it, but their names are being tossed in the rumor mill.

Give me all mahoning valley teams winning this weekend!!

Crestview job closes the 9th. Seems like they want to have a guy before Christmas. Names I have heard attached to this job were some Columbiana coaches like Altamore or McLaughlin. Some Mahoning coaches to like Assion. Who knows if they go for it, but their names are being tossed in the rumor mill.

Give me all mahoning valley teams winning this weekend!!

LOL Mclaughlin is rumored in every opening... his O scored 33 points the entire season. Good luck with that.

Go Range, Go Cards, Go Eagles!

I see the name Tony Arcuri on that list. Is that the same guy that coached at Cincinnati Indian Hill for the last several years? He had some pretty good teams there. I know they took eventual state champ Wyoming to OT before losing by 3 in the playoffs in 2018.
That is the same Arcuri. I still have some connections to the Cincinnati area as I spent most of my adult life living down there upon graduating from Moeller. What they tell me is that he received an interview, so that’s a positive sign for him. Are the aforementioned names of Jones and Sheptock interviewing as well? Any other names on the applicant list interviewing?

That is the same Arcuri. I still have some connections to the Cincinnati area as I spent most of my adult life living down there upon graduating from Moeller. What they tell me is that he received an interview, so that’s a positive sign for him. Are the aforementioned names of Jones and Sheptock interviewing as well? Any other names on the applicant list interviewing?
Thank you, sir.

I have not heard any names in connection with Howland's interviewing process but as YoungstownOC2008 mentioned Mr. Sheptock is the Howland track coach.

Thank you, sir.

I have not heard any names in connection with Howland's interviewing process but as YoungstownOC2008 mentioned Mr. Sheptock is the Howland track coach.

I don't know anything about him, but I'm going to guess he will get an interview by default. Figure maybe 5-6 get interviews out of the 22? Just assuming

Supposedly a teaching job will not be offered, would think this limits the field. Not sure how Arcuri would be able to put a staff together coming from Cincinnati

Howland has a lot of work no matter who they hire. I know the soccer program is phenomenal and I’m sure it takes some athletes/kids away from football. But the JH program is really a struggle. The last 2 yrs I’ve seen them and they are atrocious. They have some big kids but they were so far from being competitive. I’m not sure what the problem is but they need a lot of help.

Howland has a lot of work no matter who they hire. I know the soccer program is phenomenal and I’m sure it takes some athletes/kids away from football. But the JH program is really a struggle. The last 2 yrs I’ve seen them and they are atrocious. They have some big kids but they were so far from being competitive. I’m not sure what the problem is but they need a lot of help.
The problem for Howland is not just soccer taking players, its the backing and resources that soccer gets as a much higher priority than football. Howland is very much a soccer school with no interest in being good at football.

Bellino at lakeview is stepping down after 2 seasons
, Dumpster fire ! I told everyone up there they can’t win in that league when he took the job .they laughed . 2 years later 1-13 in league play and he’s lookin for the door . Pathetic ! I heard him to Howland was a done deal weeks ago .He told them it’s not for another team though so we’ll see ,
Actually who cares BYE !

, Dumpster fire ! I told everyone up there they can’t win in that league when he took the job .they laughed . 2 years later 1-13 in league play and he’s lookin for the door . Pathetic ! I heard him to Howland was a done deal weeks ago .He told them it’s not for another team though so we’ll see ,
Actually who cares BYE !
Can’t win in that league, much like Howland it’s a soccer school

Actually who cares BYE !
I think he will go back on staff at Hubbard until he takes over for hoffman