Youngstown Area Coaching Changes

Maybe I am just not familiar with Crestview, but I wouldn't really call that a mess. They had a down year with talent but seems the program was left in good shape from Cusick.
Yeah, I guess I didn’t see them as one he would trade for. Feels like if he’s leaving, it’s for a big job. I agree, Crestview is a good job.

Bayuk, Matty Rich, Reardon, and Filtz from Steubenville, who was Maple heights coach back when they won state, all have applied at WGH, at one or another in the last 12 years. Not one was accepted obviously
Reardon, Filtz and Bayuk all were offered the job and all 3 turned it down after learning the job was only for one season. The job then was given to Rick Rios

Reardon, Filtz and Bayuk all were offered the job and all 3 turned it down after learning the job was only for one season. The job then was given to Rick Rios
Yes, I remember all that. One of the craziest interviewing processes. They already had their man Arnold lined up for the 2012 season. That is why all them coaches were only offered 1 year. Crazy

Yes, I remember all that. One of the craziest interviewing processes. They already had their man Arnold lined up for the 2012 season. That is why all them coaches were only offered 1 year. Crazy
the coaches weren't offered a one year deal . they found out because the word leaked out.

Definitely Rios was set up to fail they even had his staff picked out for him, guys he had never worked with.

Crestview job seems to be the most interesting job to me. Heard a lot of big time names being floated around. Even heard young men coaches being floated around. Cant release names, but buckle the hell up!!!!!!

Crestview job seems to be the most interesting job to me. Heard a lot of big time names being floated around. Even heard young men coaches being floated around. Cant release names, but buckle the hell up!!!!!!
Maybe Demster could apply, he's done nothing in Bulldog land, just like at United.

Is Crestview going to be a good job or was their coach a very very good coach and got the best out of those kids, that’s to be seen, more Columbiana and EP kids are flocking to Crestview so they’ll always have numbers

If you know you can release names. If can’t release names then you don’t know.

For Crestview, heard they inquired about 20 coaches. All from state championship caliber coaches, all the way down to young coordinators. They are looking for a LONG term option.

For Crestview, heard they inquired about 20 coaches. All from state championship caliber coaches, all the way down to young coordinators. They are looking for a LONG term option.
Am I crazy to think that Andy Hake could possibly be in the running? Maybe there is some legal hurdles going to a public school, but now that he has coached a few years the heat has definitely died down from what happened at WR plus a lot of the top players at VCS were seniors so they likely won't be as good as this year. Crestview would put him back in a similar situation as he was in at WR. Just a thought.

Am I crazy to think that Andy Hake could possibly be in the running? Maybe there is some legal hurdles going to a public school, but now that he has coached a few years the heat has definitely died down from what happened at WR plus a lot of the top players at VCS were seniors so they likely won't be as good as this year. Crestview would put him back in a similar situation as he was in at WR. Just a thought.
They’d probably like a teacher in the building, not sure if Hake regained his credentials.

They’d probably like a teacher in the building, not sure if Hake regained his credentials.
According to ODE educator search, he never lost his credentials. He has a hearing June 2023, which is also when his license and PAP are set to expire.

I think he’d do great out there, but I think he likes VC too much to leave. You never know though

According to ODE educator search, he never lost his credentials. He has a hearing June 2023, which is also when his license and PAP are set to expire.

I think he’d do great out there, but I think he likes VC too much to leave. You never know though
He does have a great situation at VC

I just saw a blurb that said Howland has 22 applicants for their HC job, no names of course. It also said the interview process will start next month.

Howland Football Coach
Since Timmy Ryan will be unemployed come January and would be available to bring his old football passing skills back to Trumbull county and could take the job coaching the tigers. I am sure he could buy the votes of the school board by showing them how to rig the elections to get some school ballots pass. Sounds like a win win