Youngstown Area Coaching Changes

What about Howland ? Not too many people on here representing . I heard a couple coaches from Lakeviews staff were interested .

you have to question the sanity of a coach that would step in to coach for that AD.

as long as she’s around - you’ll never have a quality football coach

This is only the start, I see a few more opening up rather quickly.

Howland and East jobs seems like an uphill war. East Liverpool seems like it could be instant success with the right guy. A few rumors I have been hearing are the Pav well could be running dry at Poland. Shaner could be looking to get into the bigger school realm. Does coach King at Campbell keep with it? Does the Protopapa/McLaughlin experiment keep going at Leetonia after an 0-10 year? I see a bunch of jobs opening up in the next weeks to come

If Harding ever gets the right guy they could turn back into a team that could compete. They have athletes walking the halls.

Politics. When you're in the right click, you are protected. He would most likely have to just resign. Who is going to fire him?
I know at least one person close to him who is trying to talk him into resigning. I won’t hold my breath though.

Reardon & Matty Rich are the names to listen out for, though both would be leaving a lot to take the Harding job. As much as people try to knock him, I’d love to see Kevin Cylar on the staff in some capacity. He is very well-liked in Warren, especially with our youth..

Curt Kuntz would be the best hire at Howland. Plenty of experience as he coached for Angle at Howland and at WGH under McDaniels. Won 63% of his games at Struthers as well

Matty is the right guy.

so that means it will never happen
Don’t know if they can afford him, making great money teaching at Solon pay scale is way more than WGH and is the OC at Hoban. I know he’d love the opportunity but would decimate his pension

Personally I think Harding is a horrible job to take right now. Every sport is struggling and for the most part have the kids for it not to be that way. Although I think Arnold has wasted talent, there is something deeper going on.

Don’t know if they can afford him, making great money teaching at Solon pay scale is way more than WGH and is the OC at Hoban. I know he’d love the opportunity but would decimate his pension
But there’s chicken money at Harding 🤪

Curt Kuntz would be the best hire at Howland. Plenty of experience as he coached for Angle at Howland and at WGH under McDaniels. Won 63% of his games at Struthers as well
He ain’t goin anywhere near that. He doesn’t like overbearing school officials, nor does he need to take over a program like Howland. His work speaks for itself.

Although I think Arnold has wasted talent, there is something deeper going on.

I know exactly what the problem is. It’s much bigger than Steve and in his defense, he’s had to deal with issues that he shouldn’t have. His problem is that in some cases, he couldn’t have been more wrong and now, his ego is bigger than the program itself.

Last year, he literally gave games away trying to prove a point. This year, he didn’t even have the “luxury” of trying to prove anything to anybody because he didn’t have anybody to prove anything to. Sounds crazy if you aren’t in the know, but if you are, it makes perfect sense.

At the end of the day, the city of Warren is getting exactly what it payed for.

I know exactly what the problem is. It’s much bigger than Steve and in his defense, he’s had to deal with issues that he shouldn’t have. His problem is that in some cases, he couldn’t have been more wrong and now, his ego is bigger than the program itself.

Last year, he literally gave games away trying to prove a point. This year, he didn’t even have the “luxury” of trying to prove anything to anybody because he didn’t have anybody to prove anything to. Sounds crazy if you aren’t in the know, but if you are, it makes perfect sense.

Called this years ago, he was brought in for one specific reason to be head coach and it wasn’t because he was qualified. You reap what you sow

I have some good friends over there. Hope it gets worked out. Football in the Valley is better when Harding is the big dog.