You lift?

Weights?

• Total voters
BR, I seem to have some recollection of you doing p90x before. Any thoughts on it? Anyone else do it?

It's a great program but I didn't find it to be sustainable. It will get you into awesome shape but I started "outgrowing" certain facets of it. Building up to a set of 100 pushups got to be boring so I had to buy a weighted vest. Then I outgrew that weighted vest and ended up buying a heavier one, etc.

If you eat right and follow Horton's program to a "T", you'll get shredded. Shaun T's Insanity is even more insane (pardon the pun) but there are no weights involved.

At one point, I outgrew P90X's plyometrics, which is easily the toughest workout of those dvd's, so I added three Insanity cardio days with the three P90X weight training days to create a "hybrid."

Im currently 240 and lookin to get down to 210. Day 1 was yesterday officially so Im thinking I should easily make my goal. Im not following his eating plan and i dont have his recovery drink but i have a whey protein i take after the workouts. That and my weight watchers diet and I probably wont have any issue getting to my goal by the end of the program if not before.

Im currently 240 and lookin to get down to 210. Day 1 was yesterday officially so Im thinking I should easily make my goal. Im not following his eating plan and i dont have his recovery drink but i have a whey protein i take after the workouts. That and my weight watchers diet and I probably wont have any issue getting to my goal by the end of the program if not before.

I dropped from 293 to 219 and went from a 48 jean to a 31. I know, fat#ss

I lost a ton of weight when I got sick. I don't think losing all the empty carbs i used to get in college helped.

Slowly building back up. Have to force myself to eat throughout the day. If i eat too much at once I get sick. Trying to start doing p90x regularly. Did it sporadically in college.

Haven't been able to lift nearly as much since I started working full time, but I try to get in there twice a week. If not I do some stuff on my own at home.

My body is pretty worn down. Bad rotator cuff in my right shoulder makes lifting a difficult experience. Bad knees and highly knotted calves makes running and many cardio workouts pretty painful. Still trying to find exercises that can minimize discomfort, but I generally just do things until I can't anymore without discomfort, which doesn't tend to be very long.

My body is pretty worn down. Bad rotator cuff in my right shoulder makes lifting a difficult experience. Bad knees and highly knotted calves makes running and many cardio workouts pretty painful. Still trying to find exercises that can minimize discomfort, but I generally just do things until I can't anymore without discomfort, which doesn't tend to be very long.

If you like to lift, look into purchasing a Slingshot. I have a bad front delt and it allows me to bench heavy and pain free. It locks your elbows in tighter to your body and eliminates stress on your shoulders. You can also do pushups & dips with this thing.

http://www.howmuchyabench.net/

Took a weight lifting class freshman year of high school. Pretty sure that was the last time I lifted weights regularly.

I am currently in the worst shape of my life, a touch over 200. When my wife and I got together, I was 165, had a six pack, and benched in the high 200s. 3 kids later, I am fat and she looks exactly the same.

I am currently in the worst shape of my life, a touch over 200. When my wife and I got together, I was 165, had a six pack, and benched in the high 200s. 3 kids later, I am fat and she looks exactly the same.

This is you in 40 years:

unlucky-jerry.jpg

yep, 5 days a week. 5'9 215lbs, 8 percent body fat. Bench in reps @ 305. One rep max, 425. Got a buddy who I lift with who weighs 165 and his max is 310.

Probably not. He's short so it's highly probable that the leverage he has equates to a bigger bench. Don't know about the bodyfat, etc...but generally, shorter guys, with shorter arms, have bigger benches.

Yup. had this debate a couple times. My power lifting buddies agree with me. Shorter guys with shorter arms, and thick chests, have a short range of motion with great leverage. I have a friend thats around 5'7, MAYBE 180, and gets 400. You'd never know it to look at him. He uses a shirt when he competes though, so I still call him a cheater.

Yup. had this debate a couple times. My power lifting buddies agree with me. Shorter guys with shorter arms, and thick chests, have a short range of motion with great leverage. I have a friend thats around 5'7, MAYBE 180, and gets 400. You'd never know it to look at him. He uses a shirt when he competes though, so I still call him a cheater.

I'm taller, with longer arms so I have to manipulate my body into almost a "coiled" position to shorten the range of motion. This involves a huge arch in my back with my feet under me almost as far back as my chest with my lats dug into the bench. Completely legal as my butt never leaves the bench.

I'm taller, with longer arms so I have to manipulate my body into almost a "coiled" position to shorten the range of motion. This involves a huge arch in my back with my feet under me almost as far back as my chest with my lats dug into the bench. Completely legal as my butt never leaves the bench.

Absolutely. if you look at the motion of a good lifter with long arms, they almost look like they're doing decline bench because of the arched back and butt planted. I have longer arms too, I feel your pain.