You get sick and GOP senators get rich

So what? All a blind trust is designed to do is isolate a political figure from manipulating INDIVIDUAL investments.

By selling an entire asset class Feintsein is just as guilty as the others. This is no different then if Feinstein was privy to major upcoming legislation that would hurt the real estate market and she instructed her "blind trust"to sell all or even most of her real estate assets.
The blind trust gives her protection however. Amazing how Congress put a nice loophole in the law for their exploitation, huh.

Lots of working class employees at shutdown small businesses are going to be starving very soon.

Sad that you don't care about barbers. Postal carriers should give their paychecks to barbers.
They're aren't going to be starving.

One of my daughters got laid off this week because of the shut down. She picked up freelance work as made a weeks wages in the first day.

False. See previous post on the STOCK Act. It's been illegal since April of 2012.
Feinstein is covered. She said she never discusses business with her husband. He just always makes the right moves. lol

Kinda like Joe Biden saying he never discussed his sons business dealings with him.

Don't be so naive.

The swamp is the swamp no matter what letter you put behind their name.
I noticed when something like this happens the republicans will not defend the activities but the dems and the media go nuts downplaying the democrats involvement when it is often much worse. We see it every time, things like "blackface" are a great example...not a big deal IMO, but if a republican would do the same the media would run him out on a rail.

Anyone who thinks this is bad then turns blind eye to what Joe Biden did is a partizen hack.
If any Dem could honestly look at what Joe did to make his family rich through politics, they know it is no less than 10 times worse than this.
They will not. They will point to Trump's (pre politics) businesses and say they are the problem.

The real problem is anyone who turn's a blind eye to their guy for political reasons, this includes almost the entire media and every dem who would consider a vote for someone like Joe Biden.

The difference with Burr and Loeffler is they sold off their stocks while parroting Trump's "everything will be fine" to the masses but telling the truth to their rich donors...those people need to be held accountable.

Not so much for the sake of vengeance, but for the sake of clarifying that this kind of f-ing over of the people has never been OK, is not OK, and will not be OK in the future.

Last edited:
The blind trust gives her protection however. Amazing how Congress put a nice loophole in the law for their exploitation, huh.

I guess it gives her plausible deniability. But to me all the blind trust does is make it harder for someone to screw around with a single or small number of stocks. Selling off a huge number of stocks at that point indicates that she gave those running the Blind Trust information.

Feinstein is covered. She said she never discusses business with her husband. He just always makes the right moves. lol

Kinda like Joe Biden saying he never discussed his sons business dealings with him.

Don't be so naive.

True. I mean all Joe and his son talked about on that LONG plane ride to China on board Air Force 2 for an official state visit by the American VP was the grand kids. It was just a coincidence that 2 weeks after that trip China's National Bank provided $1,500,000,000 to invest in baby Biden's investment firm!

I definitely don’t like the optics on this and think the GOP needed to give some direction on Burrs “statement” in order to stop the bleeding. Can’t afford to lose the senate or this country will look back on March 2020 fondly compared to what a democratic controlled senate wreaks on us.
But— if anyone has a financial advisor who didn’t warn of a coming upheaval they should fire them. Not hard to figure out how intertwined our economic health is with China.

I think there's a significant difference between :

a) It's December, you're talking to a financial advisor, they're saying 2020 isn't looking, so good so you sell off some stuff, and
b) You're a Senator that has just participated in private briefings in January to receive information that is not available to the public, and then "coincidentally" you subsequently "happen" to have a sell off of stocks right around the exact market peak through your "blind" trust, while you also continue to try to tell the public that "everything is fine".

For some of these people, it was almost certainly something like the latter, where they were warning their financial people based on their inside information, not the other way around.
One did not need to be in an intelligence briefing to see what might happen. We all knew this was a possibility. Do you think that everyone who sold stocks, causing the market to crash were in that same briefing? How did they know to sell their stock?

You want to tell me with a straight face that someone like Kelly Loeffler, spouse of the chairman of the NYSE, just happened to get lucky and happened to have a bunch of stuff sold off right in the sweet spot between the briefings and just before the market dove? GTFO. ?

I'm sure there are some people being named that are going to turn out to be innocent, and just happened to have their portfolio managers make decisions that turned out to just make for incredibly bad optics, but there's just absolutely no way that they're all innocent. It needs to be investigated.
Umm no, I'm saying anyone with a brain new it was a good time to sell.

I definitely don’t like the optics on this and think the GOP needed to give some direction on Burrs “statement” in order to stop the bleeding. Can’t afford to lose the senate or this country will look back on March 2020 fondly compared to what a democratic controlled senate wreaks on us.
But— if anyone has a financial advisor who didn’t warn of a coming upheaval they should fire them. Not hard to figure out how intertwined our economic health is with China.

Trump was right to push decoupling and source diversification. Our addiction to their labor pool is foolish and short-sighted, but you’ll have that when priorities don’t extend much further than the next earnings statement.

China’s dictatorial rule made one-stop outsourcing very simple and efficient and their currency manipulation has kept it rolling along in a 50 year plan that ends badly for us, by their design.

a) It's December, you're talking to a financial advisor, they're saying 2020 isn't looking, so good so you sell off some stuff, and
b) You're a Senator that has just participated in private briefings in January to receive information that is not available to the public, and then "coincidentally" you subsequently "happen" to have a sell off of stocks right around the exact market peak through your "blind" trust, while you also continue to try to tell the public that "everything is fine".

For some of these people, it was almost certainly something like the latter, where they were warning their financial people based on their inside information, not the other way around.

I don’t disagree- it’s a bad look and likely is going to be a problem for them wether it is legit insider trading from intel or not. I just have seen a lot of chatter from people who seem completely blindsided by the markets drop and that anyone who sold before then had to be cheating. Um no, China was in huge trouble in January and many companies That work closely with them knew this (at least in the Cincinnati area). Their employees talk and it gets around that they aren’t traveling there as usual and production has to be reduced/ altered/ shut down. It’s all over the trade mags and financial news too. The investigation will likely show some were taking advantage but may be hard to prove in a couple of the cases.

Made you smile didn’t it?
The dip chit was in the senate gym this morning working out as he awaited the test. Good news for him he can still collect his full salary and has choice benefits for special medical care. Good opportunity for him to sit down and read Atlas Shrugged as he votes against any bills passing through the Senate in his PJ's. T's & P's!

The dip chit was in the senate gym this morning working out as he awaited the test. Good news for him he can still collect his full salary and has choice benefits for special medical care. Good opportunity for him to sit down and read Atlas Shrugged as he votes against any bills passing through the Senate in his PJ's. T's & P's!
So yes

He is an idiot. Selfish, Reckless and irresponsible. He should be shamed as he has now quarantined a bunch of other senators. Meanwhile despite having no symptoms he gets a test as he voted against expanding testing for his constituents. He keeps his salary, benefits and pension while americans are being unemployed and struggling while he votes no against Covid-19 bills. No one deserves to illness, but yes it is much harder to have compassion for Paul and Harvey Weinstein than an ER Nurse wearing a bandana treating patients in NYC.

He is an idiot. Selfish, Reckless and irresponsible. He should be shamed as he has now quarantined a bunch of other senators. Meanwhile despite having no symptoms he gets a test as he voted against expanding testing for his constituents. He keeps his salary, benefits and pension while americans are being unemployed and struggling while he votes no against Covid-19 bills. No one deserves to illness, but yes it is much harder to have compassion for Paul and Harvey Weinstein than an ER Nurse wearing a bandana treating patients in NYC.
Wait, did you really just compare Paul to Weinstein?

Congress can't get their act together, failing to pass a relief bill last night. Leadership from the POTUS on down in the political chain has been abysmal in this " crisis ".

That is mostly because one party has gone completely nuts.

I could not agree more and that party had a sickness long before this China virus came to visit. TDS has been destroying one party so bad they have lost all common sense. Their whole goal in life has been to remove one person from office and in doing so they have moved so far left they lost all that their great party once was.

Dems reportedly holding up COVID 19 relief bill because they want airlines to agree to certain climate change agreements before given any money. If true now is not the time to be playing politics, shame on Pelosi and Schumer if true.