You do realize?

zeeman

This virus will run its course and people will die. Mother Nature has her ways and we pale in comparison to her strength. Sometimes the herd needs to be thinned to strengthen the species. Sorry if you’re one of those about ready to kick the bucket but we all would have been better off to just not live in fear and let it run it’s course. The worst projections I’ve heard is 1.5 million deaths out of 7 billion. So my advice is live your life, whatever you might have left

This virus will run its course and people will die. Mother Nature has her ways and we pale in comparison to her strength. Sometimes the herd needs to be thinned to strengthen the species. Sorry if you’re one of those about ready to kick the bucket but we all would have been better off to just not live in fear and let it run it’s course. The worst projections I’ve heard is 1.5 million deaths out of 7 billion. So my advice is live your life, whatever you might have left
Your reasoning is off. Killing old people beyond the age of propagation will not do anything to strengthen the species.

You numbers are way off. Congress was told .5 to 1.5 million in the USA alone.

Last edited:
Heck yes! When are the vampires gonna start? I want to use the A R 14 so bad
You borrowing one of Joe's guns? I'd love to see that. Cruising the streets in that sweet 5.0 while shooting up mailboxes with Uncle Joe's AR-14. The twice divorcees in your town must love you.

Makes me think of when Bader Meinhof was big in Germany and Europe. People were afraid to leave their houses.

Mostly old people so shyte happens. May help SS
When the old people fill every ER and Intensive Care bed in the country what happens to you when an 87 year old sick woman on the way to the doctor crosses the center line and causes you to wreck that car?

Shyte happens. ?

When the old people fill every ER and Intensive Care bed in the country what happens to you when an 87 year old sick woman on the way to the doctor crosses the center line and causes you to wreck that car?

Shyte happens. ?

Damn that's pessimistic!

Shyte happens. ?
I’d have took her out with my AR 14 way before that. She was prolly a vampire anyway

Your reasoning is off. Killing old people beyond the age of propagation will not do anything to strengthen the species.

You numbers are way off. Congress was told .5 to 1.5 million in the USA alone.
Really believe those numbers. In China and South Korea the numbers are declining. Pence just said China only had 11 new cases yesterday.

Really believe those numbers. In China and South Korea the numbers are declining. Pence just said China only had 11 new cases yesterday.
I'm wondering if more people in China had the disease and have already recovered. It is amazing how low the number of new cases there are in China. If we follow their pattern, things should start getting back to normal by the end of April here.

I'm wondering if more people in China had the disease and have already recovered. It is amazing how low the number of new cases there are in China. If we follow their pattern, things should start getting back to normal by the end of April here.

I really hope so , but China has used draconian tactics we simply wont employ here. This is very contagious but for most who aren't in bad health or old it's something that can be recovered from well. I hate that we have to shut down like this , but if it helps in the long term?

I really hope so , but China has used draconian tactics we simply wont employ here. This is very contagious but for most who aren't in bad health or old it's something that can be recovered from well. I hate that we have to shut down like this , but if it helps in the long term?
S o m e w h a t c o h e r e n t

The right wing echo chamber is still struggling with the messaging. Is it a big MSM nothingburger or an evil chinese plot to detroy trump and amurica. I am sure the yappi board will have conspiracy threads soon.

The right wing echo chamber is still struggling with the messaging. Is it a big MSM nothingburger or an evil chinese plot to detroy trump and amurica. I am sure the yappi board will have conspiracy threads soon.
Says the enemy (possibly a foreign agent) of the American people.

Wuhan is moving into late Spring now:

Jan: ave high = 47; low = 34
Feb: ave high = 51; low = 38
Mar: ave high = 60; low = 46

They jump into the 70's in April. It would be GREAT if the virus were sensitive to warmer weather.

You also have to consider the respiratory health of your average Chinese in Wuhan in relation to the air pollution. There were a lot of reports and stunning images of how much cleaner Wuhan's air was AFTER the C-virus closed down industrial activity in the Yangtze basin. Could we be seeing a population more resistant to infection because it's under less respiratory stress?

There's just so much we still don't know about this virus.

Nah, the MSM and Democrats will find something to write up impeachment articles or at the very least bring up the 25th Amendment.

Wuhan is moving into late Spring now:

Jan: ave high = 47; low = 34
Feb: ave high = 51; low = 38
Mar: ave high = 60; low = 46

They jump into the 70's in April. It would be GREAT if the virus were sensitive to warmer weather.

You also have to consider the respiratory health of your average Chinese in Wuhan in relation to the air pollution. There were a lot of reports and stunning images of how much cleaner Wuhan's air was AFTER the C-virus closed down industrial activity in the Yangtze basin. Could we be seeing a population more resistant to infection because it's under less respiratory stress?

There's just so much we still don't know about this virus.
What is the average temp in Spain? Italy? Brazil? Australia?

You do realize there is no "right wing echo chamber" here? Our views are changing and evolving based on the almost daily barrage of new information on this topic. And if you would look closely we right wingers disagree on a lot of things including this.

And no, the disagreement isn't because we're mixing up our talking points it's because we're independent thinking adults coming at this from different perspectives. You should try it some time.

Your obsession with echo chambers makes wonder if you're just projecting. Because your stuff sure does seem like it's coming from someones talking points list.

What is the average temp in Spain? Italy? Brazil? Australia?

Why don't you look it up? But then again since those countries are not at the same place in the pandemic or they don't have the unique circumstances that China has, it might not be very useful to do.

But hey I get that you're hoping the coming of spring/summer doesn't help us deal with this. I mean how will it hurt Trump if it looks like his stupid task force is working? Better to have sick Americans all over the place. I get it Happy.

This brings up a great point(s)...

What is an acceptable cause of death,

and at what age?

Very Old Age. And I'm not being sarcastic here.

You ask a very good question though. IF we move to more socialized medical care it's a question that will be asked more & more. Because the only way socialized med care works is if you deny care to certain groups based on their circumstances.

And the one thing you notice as you look through the fatality data for c-virus and especially for the 2009/10 Swine Flu outbreak is how uncertain people are as to the exact # of folks who died from the virus. This is because so many deaths are in the elderly group. When someone dies in a Nursing Home or in Hospice you can choose from a number of causes as to what actually killed them.

You do realize there is no "right wing echo chamber" here? Our views are changing and evolving based on the almost daily barrage of new information on this topic. And if you would look closely we right wingers disagree on a lot of things including this.

And no, the disagreement isn't because we're mixing up our talking points it's because we're independent thinking adults coming at this from different perspectives. You should try it some time.

Your obsession with echo chambers makes wonder if you're just projecting. Because your stuff sure does seem like it's coming from someones talking points list.

Yes far right wingers are the most reasonable folks in our country. Disagreement among the echo chamber? Really. I never see you personally attack anyone who at least a somewhat similar ideology as you and I see you attack others and get involved in each others disagreements with the minority posters all the time as if you are teammates which you are to an extent. I also see a lot of the same exact rhetoric and talking points . Yes I do agree that in this case on this story there is 'Some" disagreement as you Lotty are a very distinct minority of people who think Trump has done a great job and in fact has yet to make any mistakes in his Presidency and is completely fit for office . So of course that opinion isn't going to be shared fully with even other hard core EC members. If this space isn't an echo chamber in nature and you deny the existence of it , then there is no such thing. An EC doesn't need 100000 percent agreement .

Damn that's pessimistic!
The corona virus is going to spread. There is no vaccination or cure to stop it. If it explodes like it did in Italy every ER and ICU bed in country will be taken up by and old person with COVID-19.

Your child was hurt in a car wreck? Sorry, there is no room.

Complications during child birth? Sorry, there is no room.

Heart attack at the gym? Sorry, there is no room.

The professionals keep talking about Flattening the Curve. If we slow down the spread of the virus our health care system won't be overwhelmed by COVID-19 patients and can give them better care and still have room to help everybody else too.

But it's still going to spread, but maybe not be quite so bad.

Or it really is no worse than the flu and the professionals are all wrong.

The corona virus is going to spread. There is no vaccination or cure to stop it. If it explodes like it did in Italy every ER and ICU bed in country will be taken up by and old person with COVID-19.

Your child was hurt in a car wreck? Sorry, there is no room.

Complications during child birth? Sorry, there is no room.

Heart attack at the gym? Sorry, there is no room.

The professionals keep talking about Flattening the Curve. If we slow down the spread of the virus our health care system won't be overwhelmed by COVID-19 patients and can give them better care and still have room to help everybody else too.

But it's still going to spread, but maybe not be quite so bad.

Or it really is no worse than the flu and the professionals are all wrong.

This is the quandary MasonComet and others posted about. IF it should get to this point and IMO it won't based on the evidence we've seen to date - then the younger folks need to be prioritized over the elderly and I say that as someone just past 60.

As an aside were other people as relieved as I was when it came out that the c-virus was NOT killing kids & teenagers? I kept thinking of the grand kids & nephews/nieces when this first broke and I felt a weight lifted off when it looked like this was more a problem for seniors and not the young.

That's why I'm so confused about the muted response to Swine Flu in 2009. That virus did target kids.