You can watch all the State Championships for free

That's it. When you open it you can enter your zip code so you see only news relevant to your area.

Thanks! I was seeing different Spectrum News with numbers but not 1. They were for LA & Bay Area. Never been to Cali, but am a 49ers & Warriors fan so maybe that's why those popped up.

I'm talking about the live games that start at 2:00 this weekend. If you scroll all the way down to the bottom of the initial page, it mentions the free 30 day trial

Last edited:
If you download their Spectrums News 1 app, you should get a 30 day free trial. It says even if you aren't a Spectrum customer. You should be able to watch all the State Championship games through the app
What about if you live outside Ohio? I doubt it will work.

Just checking can you out of state guys, get the live feed on the app with the free 30 day trial?

Just checking can you out of state guys, get the live feed on the app with the free 30 day trial?
You should be able to. You can select the state and city of the news coverage you want to watch. I have spectrum but I can watch news in Florida from here in Ohio

Attachments

• 087041BF-EEE8-4380-8401-680EE8288CA0.png
    087041BF-EEE8-4380-8401-680EE8288CA0.png
    269.8 KB · Views: 41
  • 229F8105-2BEB-4820-9867-C06E2ED5381D.png
    229F8105-2BEB-4820-9867-C06E2ED5381D.png
    366 KB · Views: 41
yeah they should be good to go not matter what state they are in
I was just trying to give the people a heads up, because when you click that link on the Spectrum news app, you don't see the free 30 day trial info, until you scroll all the way down to the bottom of their home page.

I was just trying to give the people a heads up, because when you click that link on the Spectrum news app, you don't see the free 30 day trial info, until you scroll all the way down to the bottom of their home page.
Good idea. Good thinking to post this also as many others probably didn’t know this and can watch the game

If there's an issue for out of state fans, use an Ohio zip code, and then use a GPS spoofer app (I use FAKEGPS Free).

Use that to move your location somewhere into Ohio. You have to watch a 30s commercial to switch your location. Most apps only check your location in initialization. So after that you're good for the game most likely.

I do this to watch NFL games through yahoo when they're not local.

I only get one news channel. Is that what the games are going to be played on?
The games will be shown on "Spectrum News 1 Ohio." Check channel 1 if you have Spectrum cable.

This is the same channel it was shown on last year. I think it has been at least a few years since they were on STO.

The games will be shown on "Spectrum News 1 Ohio." Check channel 1 if you have Spectrum cable.

This is the same channel it was shown on last year. I think it has been at least a few years since they were on STO.
Gotcha. Ya, it must be the only channel I'm getting through the app then. Thank you.

If there's an issue for out of state fans, use an Ohio zip code, and then use a GPS spoofer app (I use FAKEGPS Free).

Use that to move your location somewhere into Ohio. You have to watch a 30s commercial to switch your location. Most apps only check your location in initialization. So after that you're good for the game most likely.

I do this to watch NFL games through yahoo when they're not local.
Useful as always I'm going to try from NC on Thursday

Spectrum News 1 started airing the finals in 2018. In 2016 and 2017, they were on the now defunct Spectrum Sports Channel. 2015 was the last year for STO