Yin/ Yang

Red14

There are so many things about this corona virus that is counter acted by an opposite reaction. Logically, many of these things simply don't make sense.

For instance, due to the possibility that inmates could get corona if someone inside was infected (not sure how) but the state is releasing some prisoners??? Does this really make any sense? So when this dies down in a month or two, are we going to put them back in prison??

Schools and colleges close. Now colleges are complaining that they are in financial distress?? Well what did you think would happen? Stay at home ordered, now all these towns and cities are having financial shortfalls because people are not working, they can't pay taxes and mortages and bills have been forgiven??? Crazy times.

For instance, due to the possibility that inmates could get corona if someone inside was infected (not sure how)...
Bad guys are still being locked up. Employees come and go everyday. Either group could bring the virus in.

... but the state is releasing some prisoners??? Does this really make any sense?
Sure. If they are close to release date or parole let them out early. If they get sick in jail that's an additional expense for the taxpayers.

So when this dies down in a month or two, are we going to put them back in prison??
Just guessing, I wouldn't think so. And it will not be all gone in a month or two.

Bad guys are still being locked up. Employees come and go everyday. Either group could bring the virus in.

Sure. If they are close to release date or parole let them out early. If they get sick in jail that's an additional expense for the taxpayers.

Just guessing, I wouldn't think so. And it will not be all gone in a month or two.

DeWine did say that he had petitioned the US Justice Dep't to quit sending prisoners to the federal prison in Lisbon, Elkton. Bad WuuHoo situation there. Our Guardsmen are now assisting there, but I do not believe in direct contact with any prisoners.

As far as Ohio prisoners that DeWine does have the power to release, no one is dangerous. About half or so are pregnant women.

Schools and colleges close. Now colleges are complaining that they are in financial distress?? Well what did you think would happen? Stay at home ordered, now all these towns and cities are having financial shortfalls because people are not working, they can't pay taxes and mortages and bills have been forgiven??? Crazy times.

It's absurd that teachers are still getting paid while many of the taxpayers who are forced to pay their salaries have lost their jobs.

Government employees should not be getting paid as long as small businesses are forced to keep their doors shut.

It's absurd that teachers are still getting paid while many of the taxpayers who are forced to pay their salaries have lost their jobs.

Government employees should not be getting paid as long as small businesses are forced to keep their doors shut.

You know teachers are doing online work, right ? Pence said his wife was even putting together home art kits for her kids the other day. 500 of them.

Any small business that applies and is within some pretty broad parameters can get a forgiveable loan that will pay their employees and debt. Even if Joe Plumber, Inc only pays himself. Or his wife to do books and himself to do plumbing. Quit starting sh1t.

Last edited:
All the teachers I know are still working. So yeah, they are going to get paid.

Government tells Joe the Plumber he is not essential and cannot work. Government says Joe the Plumber should take loan to pay taxes so government can continue to pay teachers while schools are closed.

Teachers should not be paid until schools reopen. They should have to take on debt just like Joe the Plumber.

Government tells Joe the Plumber he is not essential and cannot work. Government says Joe the Plumber should take loan to pay taxes so government can continue to pay teachers while schools are closed.

Teachers should not be paid until schools reopen. They should have to take on debt just like Joe the Plumber.
The only way it is debt to Joe is if he forgets to pay himself, you goofball. If he can work a plunger, he can remember to pay himself.

Government tells Joe the Plumber he is not essential and cannot work.
Stay at Home Order

9. Essential Infrastructure ... water, sewer and gas.

12. Essential Business and Operations.
k. Critical trades. ... plumbers ....

So no. The government did not shut him down. Joe is still working. Joe the Plumber is Essential.

Maybe have an idea of what you are talking about before you start telling other people what they should do.

Stay at Home Order

9. Essential Infrastructure ... water, sewer and gas.

12. Essential Business and Operations.
k. Critical trades. ... plumbers ....

So no. The government did not shut him down. Joe is still working. Joe the Plumber is Essential.

Maybe have an idea of what you are talking about before you start telling other people what they should do.

I was just generalizing using Cab's example.

Guess we will have to change it to Joe the Barber.

Joe the Barber has to pay rent and taxes on his building in addition to his own "salary" which is variable because it's dependent on what the business makes. This "loan" to small business is not "free money" for them it is coming directly out of their future paychecks. Maybe teachers or other government employees should have their paychecks the next 5 years deducted to cover what they are earning now why they are "working from home" sending social media posts to their students.

Huge double standard. Very unethical.

I talked to 12 of my officiating buddies that are teachers today.

10 played golf
4 played 36 holes

Some have the teachers pretty involved.
Some do not.

Joe the Barber has to pay rent and taxes on his building in addition to his own "salary" which is variable because it's dependent on what the business makes. This "loan" to small business is not "free money" for them it is coming directly out of their future paychecks. Maybe teachers or other government employees should have their paychecks the next 5 years deducted to cover what they are earning now why they are "working from home" sending social media posts to their students.

Joe the Barber is covered.

I talked to 12 of my officiating buddies that are teachers today.

10 played golf
4 played 36 holes

Some have the teachers pretty involved.
Some do not.
My wife is a 4th grade teacher. Not able to get any time off. Its 9:00 and she is still working. She has limited parental contact to 11:30 - 1:30 Monday through Friday. 8:00 - 11:00 is grading, she does all grading now, used to have an aid. 2:00 until whenever she is putting lessons together, finding material, filming and editing for online instruction. Then there are all the meetings they are doing now to try to make this a smooth transition. Oh , did I mention private school with their wage and benefit structure, about half what public teachers get.

Not complaining, but would not be doing it if she was not getting paid.

Now as for tuition, I am surprised parents are willing to just keep paying as if the kids were in school. My kid is home from OSU and he has same tuition and is still paying for off campus housing. If he had been living on campus he would have been reimbursed housing cost.

Why? If the loan is used to pay employees, including the owner, it does not have to be repaid.

You just don't understand anything that is happening.

Last edited:

Maybe Joe the barber can cut your hair on the side.

My wife is a 4th grade teacher. Not able to get any time off. Its 9:00 and she is still working. She has limited parental contact to 11:30 - 1:30 Monday through Friday. 8:00 - 11:00 is grading, she does all grading now, used to have an aid. 2:00 until whenever she is putting lessons together, finding material, filming and editing for online instruction. Then there are all the meetings they are doing now to try to make this a smooth transition. Oh , did I mention private school with their wage and benefit structure, about half what public teachers get.

Not complaining, but would not be doing it if she was not getting paid.

Now as for tuition, I am surprised parents are willing to just keep paying as if the kids were in school. My kid is home from OSU and he has same tuition and is still paying for off campus housing. If he had been living on campus he would have been reimbursed housing cost.

None of the 12 that I mentioned are private school teachers.

I feel for your wife.

Last edited:
Personally, I always thought it stupid, in an age of little fatties, that phys ed has been cut more than art and music. Half of the recess ladies don't let little kids rip and run anymore, either. Art and Music teachers must always vote Dem. :confused:

Not on topic, but my fourth-grade daughter came home school last year and told us about Transvestite Week they were having. It was just all the books for that week had in them. No big deal, right? Inclusion and love for all human beings. Hell no. We called the principal and got it shut down. He had no idea. First year teacher straight out of brainwashing school. So glad we caight that. In no way, shape, or form is that the job of our public educational institutions. Sorry, end rant.

Every teacher I know is still putting in the same if not more work to give their students the best chance of learning. The work isn't always falling inside the "normal" school hours but it is happening.

Not on topic, but my fourth-grade daughter came home school last year and told us about Transvestite Week they were having. It was just all the books for that week had in them. No big deal, right? Inclusion and love for all human beings. Hell no. We called the principal and got it shut down. He had no idea. First year teacher straight out of brainwashing school. So glad we caight that. In no way, shape, or form is that the job of our public educational institutions. Sorry, end rant.
Well done, Dad.
New rant.
The crazy part is that the teacher fresh out programming likely came from a public university. Pretty good odds that the proceeds of our hard work have subsidized that teacher being taught how to introduce topics that no sane person even wants an elementary age child to consider.

What are we even doing here in America anymore ? Some of this trash-ucation is more like grooming of victims than it is teaching of tolerance.

Next rant ?

I agree. Good job.

There are so many things about this corona virus that is counter acted by an opposite reaction. Logically, many of these things simply don't make sense.

For instance, due to the possibility that inmates could get corona if someone inside was infected (not sure how) but the state is releasing some prisoners??? Does this really make any sense? So when this dies down in a month or two, are we going to put them back in prison??

There are way too many people in prison anyway. This is a good excuse to normalize the rate of incarceration.

Teachers are still teaching.

Millions upon millions are working from home without having their pay deducted.

Millions upon millions are working from home without having their pay deducted.
Millions upon millions of small businesses have been forced, by the government, to shut their doors.

Yet the government still expects those same small businesses to pay taxes? Public school teachers paid via tax dollars are complicit in this theft.

Millions upon millions of small businesses have been forced, by the government, to shut their doors.

Yet the government still expects those same small businesses to pay taxes? Public school teachers paid via tax dollars are complicit in this theft.
You pay taxes based on what you earn. If you don't earn any money, you will not pay any taxes.