XFL

XFL begins this weekend...are you

• Yes!! I'm all in! I can't get enough of football of any kind.

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • I'll tune in periodically to just see what it looks like.

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • If there's nothing else to watch, I may watch a few plays.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Football season for me starts in the fall.

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Been so long since I powered on the tv, it hadn't occurred to me that games might be over the air.

Couple OSU players on rosters. Tyler Palka, kid of former Whitmer coach made the DC team.

Dragons at Defenders
Saturday, Feb. 8 (2 p.m. ET) on ABC

Wildcats at Roughnecks
Saturday, Feb. 8 (5 p.m. ET) on Fox (stream on fuboTV)

Vipers at Guardians
Sunday, Feb. 9 (2 p.m. ET) on Fox (stream on fuboTV)

BattleHawks at Renegades
Sunday, Feb. 9 (5 p.m. ET) on ESPN

Both of them with big arms though.

It's... ok. Not sure I'm fond of the ubiquitus (how da heck you spell dat?) sideline reporting. Still better than watching pro b-ball. Or pro tennis or pro women's volleyball bowling...

Today will tell us a lot more.
Dallas has to dominate being they are suppose to be the best team. Tampa Bay and New York should be (I.M.O.) A hard fought close game. The Tampa Bay/ New York game (Again I.M.O.) will be close because I am not sold on either especially with New York starting Matt McGloin (QB) and Tampa starting Aaron Murray (QB). I do not see either being a starter for long.

What usually kills these other leagues is awful quarterback play. And from the little I've watched so far this weekend the XFL seems to be no different.

The constant shots of the offensive coordinator calling plays is also terrible. Why would I want to watch some guy in a booth stare at a play sheet instead of what's happening on the field, on EVERY play? ESPN cannot just show the game, they have to do dumb BS like that.

I don't think this league will survive. The only successful alternative to the NFL is the CFL, partly because the rules are so different but also because they play in the summer when people are starving for football. If the XFL played in April to August or something I think it would draw much more interest. Jmo

Yeah, I don't know why new leagues think adding intrusive reporters, mic'd up players/coaches, and excessive shots of coaches is what fans want. All it does is cheapen the product by making it seem less serious.

Quality of play suffers a lot from it being a new league. When we watch the NFL, we're largely seeing teams that have been together for a number of years and have developed chemistry. Of course, quality of player plays a big role as well, but theoretically it should be a lot better by the 3rd season even with the current standard of talent.

I was intrigued during the 1st go-around nearly 20 years ago. I watched the 1st weekend and a little bit the 2nd weekend, but that was the end of it. This iteration of the league doesn't intrigue me in the least.

I thought i went well. Fits in between the NFL and when baseball starts. I enjoyed some of the new rules and the play will get better as this really is the equivelent of even EARLIER than a first preseason NFL game.

Ill likely be watching every week and with the short season it should fit well while the weather is still bad.

I thought i went well. Fits in between the NFL and when baseball starts. I enjoyed some of the new rules and the play will get better as this really is the equivelent of even EARLIER than a first preseason NFL game.

Ill likely be watching every week and with the short season it should fit well while the weather is still bad.
It's been stragetically placed in the sports dead spot.

Well duh.

QB play will get better and with ESPN and Fox really backing it, and them taking their time to get it ramped up I think the NFL will embrace it moving fwd.
The first week tends to get more play because it's new and different. Let's see what happens in a month. Also, a twist, the XFL does not have the same requirements as the NFL, could you see the XFL allowing college freshmen to come into the NFL?? I potentially see this as a "minor league" of the NFL. There is going to continue to be a push for college kids to get paid, and some will jump for a little money in the XFL, then develop their game in a year or two and be ready for the NFL. The NBA does it with G-leaguers.

I.M.O. through the games played so far, I think New York then Tampa has the worse QB units and both will struggle all season long.
Thoughts?