Xavier v UC Sunday 6pm @Nippert

Irwin20

It’s free and UC is trying to break their own record for the highest attended girls/ women’s soccer match in Ohio. Approx 4700.
Xavier is 5-1-1 while UC is just 2-5 (it can be argued with a much tougher schedule but I digress) I know a lot of area soccer clubs are bringing their teams. Should be entertaining.

Cincinnati has definitely had the harder schedule. There really isn't an argument there if you look at the average RPIs of the opponents. They've had one common opponent in Missouri with both sides losing. Mizzou beat Xavier, 3-2, in 2OT, and beat UC, 2-1, in regulation.

You said that the record attendance is 4700? I'll be surprised if there is ¼ of that number or ≈ 1150 to 1200. If there's more than 1200 that will be good. Sunday night is a tough draw.

There are a lot of ladies from throughout Ohio in this one - particularly the Cleveland and Cincinnati areas. Good luck to all.

Cincinnati has definitely had the harder schedule. There really isn't an argument there if you look at the average RPIs of the opponents. They've had one common opponent in Missouri with both sides losing. Mizzou beat Xavier, 3-2, in 2OT, and beat UC, 2-1, in regulation.

You said that the record attendance is 4700? I'll be surprised if there is ¼ of that number or ≈ 1150 to 1200. If there's more than 1200 that will be good. Sunday night is a tough draw.

There are a lot of ladies from throughout Ohio in this one - particularly the Cleveland and Cincinnati areas. Good luck to all.
That’s what I was told, UC /NKU a few years ago at Nippert. It’s on the gobearcats site somewhere. I’d be very surprised if they come close to that. If you had 2 undefeated teams maybe.

I’m not a huge fan of UC coach. I personally know several excellent Ohio players did not go to UC because of him which is a shame since Ohio is rich in soccer talent. Xavier looks to be building quite a stable of players and I expect them to improve year after year going forward. UC deserves better.

Pretty entertaining match despite the score. Xavier had the best of it through much of the first half, UC made some adjustments and seemed to counter well in 2nd half. Shots were 11-9 in X favor. Each them had several opportunities for a goal. Attendance was 3117 lots of club players and high school teams present. Fun atmosphere.

It sounds like it was a good match. I'm surprised that the attendance was so good. I thought it would be over 1000 but 3000?

It looks like Nate has Xavier going in a good direction. I'm wondering if he is planning on keeping such a big roster in future seasons. He carries something like 37 or 38 now.

Last edited:
I’m not an expert at measuring crowd size but that 3000 number seems plausible to me. Yeah X had a lot of ladies on the sidelines, chances are the players not seeing the field will sort it out themselves by going elsewhere. I wasn’t keeping track but I’d say 20-22 played. Checked the box scores X played 19, UC 20.

Last edited:
I’m not an expert at measuring crowd size but that 3000 number seems plausible to me. Yeah X had a lot of ladies on the sidelines, chances are the players not seeing the field will sort it out themselves by going elsewhere. I wasn’t keeping track but I’d say 20-22 played. Checked the box scores X played 19, UC 20.
[/QUOTE]
Yeah, 37 players on Xavier's roster is a lot. He carried a lot last year as well. This means that the majority on the team are probably receiving no athletic scholarship money, and many will never see the field. So, some will transfer to play elsewhere, but a decent number will probably decide not to play soccer at all. They'll quit and become full-time students