Xavier Musketeers 2016-2017

She’s hot but I don’t see how that would lead one to believe she’s from money. Or that Steele couldn’t pay for their home himself.

Last edited:
A 600k house isn't that impressive for somebody that's been in college coaching for a while, especially if they've been associate head coach somewhere like X. He could afford that on his own regardless of if she came from money, especially if she actually works and makes decent money.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

A 600k house isn't that impressive for somebody that's been in college coaching for a while, especially if they've been associate head coach somewhere like X. He could afford that on his own regardless of if she came from money, especially if she actually works and makes decent money.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I was assuming she didn’t work, only bc she’s hot and married to someone who makes good $. And the house itself is not impressive for $600 K.

the head coaching position at X is named the Sedler Family Head Men's Basketball Coach.

Steele's wife's maiden name is Sedler.

that's her parents who donated the money to have their name on the Head Coach.

not sure how long ago they did this or when the title of the coach changed to that, but that's who they are/she is.

the head coaching position at X is named the Sedler Family Head Men's Basketball Coach.

not sure how long ago they did this or when the title of the coach changed to that, but that's who they are/she is.

Her maiden name is Mccaw, first name is Amanda. I have idea if she is related to the Sedlers, but her maiden name isn’t Sedler. The Mccaw’s used to own Belcan, an engineering firm. I think they are big givers to Xavier.

Last edited:

oops. my bad. mis-information on that one.

EP - you are correct on McCaw and the Belcan Corp.

and the McCaw gave a pretty huge donation towards the new Strength and Conditioning Facility that X just had built. that's on goxavier.com

Jeremy Growe - Asst
Mario Mercurio - Director of Basketball Administration
Matt Jennings - Strength Coach

All staying at X.

This speaks to what kind of connection Steele has with the program and the current staff. They probably all could've gone on and went to Louisville but chose to stay. Some of that probably has to do with family, etc, but those are 3 good "keepers", IMO, that help keep some continuity in the program.

now to find some good asst. coaches. (and recruit some better players)

Nice recruiting pickup in Zach Hankins -- grad. transfer from Ferris St. and the D-II national player of the year.
Who knows how good he'll turn out to be, but X needs depth at center. He should help fill the bill.
Nice to see that Steele wasn't kidding when he said he was going to jump immediately into recruiting.

Nice recruiting pickup in Zach Hankins -- grad. transfer from Ferris St. and the D-II national player of the year.
Who knows how good he'll turn out to be, but X needs depth at center. He should help fill the bill.
Nice to see that Steele wasn't kidding when he said he was going to jump immediately into recruiting.

pretty sure a grad transfer from Columbia also in the mix. can't remember his name.

if we find a wing/shooter that's the right type, that would be perfect.

any other recruit he goes after, i'm sure would be a transfer that would have to sit out. have 9 schollies (now 10 with Zach) for next year and Steele said there's NO WAY he's getting to 13. at least not 13 who were all eligible to play. he said "you can't have 13 guys who can all play. they all want to play and it's impossible to play them all."

Cremo. Seems everyone in the country is going after him.

Grad transfers are tricky. Sometimes you get guys like Simons from Michigan. Former 1st team All MAC, 3rd all time in Ohio University in assists. Barely gets playing time at Michigan. Othertimes you get guys like Kanter who aren't stars but ultra glue guys who make a large impact. Then you get guys like Egor Koulechov who nearly led NCAA tournament team Florida in points, lead them in rebounds and was 3rd on the team in assists.

Cremo. Seems everyone in the country is going after him.

Grad transfers are tricky. Sometimes you get guys like Simons from Michigan. Former 1st team All MAC, 3rd all time in Ohio University in assists. Barely gets playing time at Michigan. Othertimes you get guys like Kanter who aren't stars but ultra glue guys who make a large impact. Then you get guys like Egor Koulechov who nearly led NCAA tournament team Florida in points, lead them in rebounds and was 3rd on the team in assists.

i'll take either of the latter 2 that you mentioned. ;)

Ben Johnson and Jonas Hayes now added to the coaching staff, two big time hires it sounds like. Both great recruiters, expecially Ben Johnson. Jonas Hayes is known as a great developer of Bigs.

The last off-season piece of the puzzle may be settled after this weekends visit by Matthew Moyer, the F transfer from Syracuse who would have to sit a year then play two. Being from Columbus and his close recruiting relationship with Steele, I like Xavier's chances on this one. I think this is Xavier's top target for their last scholarship. Be a great cap to Steele's transfer class.

So why are all the mega star recruits decommiting from Xavier.......is the ship sinking. What do they know?

So why are all the mega star recruits decommiting from Xavier.......is the ship sinking. What do they know?

Yep. I heard they’re gonna dissolve the program. It’s impossible to recover from a coaching change and a player de-committing due to family reasons.

I mean it’s not like they just landed two other big time players.... I think Curtis wants to play pg, which he is not and King has family issue, his situation if a bit weird, he and his dad talked up Xavier a lot on Twitter. Only know that because Steele is active on Twitter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk