WW ends being independent

Did the Winton Woods Warriors have the toughest schedule in Ohio?

• Yes

Votes: 25 47.2%
  • No

Votes: 28 52.8%

• Total voters

W@rrior 11

Wow now that the playoffs are just about over and we see who is in the championships. WW scheduled Division 1, 2, and 3 potential state champions or runner ups. I’m not crying over spilled milk but I just wanna say I’m proud of my Warriors for always playing whoever whenever since we haven’t been in a conference. Good luck to the teams below and bring home some hardware.
Elder
LaSalle
Trotwood

Wow now that the playoffs are just about over and we see who is in the championships. WW scheduled Division 1, 2, and 3 potential state champions or runner ups. I’m not crying over spilled milk but I just wanna say I’m proud of my Warriors for always playing whoever whenever since we haven’t been in a conference. Good luck to the teams below and bring home some hardware.
Elder
LaSalle
Trotwood
Nothing but love Family, from Trotwood/Dayton the WW camp will always be solid in our book.

RAMNATION ALMIGHTY
R.I.H. DMR (WW)

I am confused by the title of the thread. Did you mean to make it did winton woods have the toughest schedule? The answer is they would be on a short list.

Elder
LaSalle
Trotwood
Toughest schedules in Division 2
1) Cincinnati La Salle (8-2 D2 R8) 0.842
2) Cincinnati Winton Woods (6-3 D2 R8) 0.840
3) Lewis Center Olentangy (5-5 D2 R7) 0.787
4) Lyndhurst Brush (0-10 D2 R5) 0.779
5) Cuyahoga Falls Walsh Jesuit (1-9 D2 R5) 0.757
6) Columbus Worthington Kilbourne (1-9 D2 R7) 0.755
7) Westerville South (6-4 D2 R7) 0.745
8) Fremont Ross (1-9 D2 R7) 0.739
9) Lima Senior (3-7 D2 R7) 0.724
10) Painesville Riverside (4-6 D2 R5)

2nd toughest schedule to St I:

#8 Mentor, #20 Eds, #31 Rockledge, #36 DeMatha, #59 St X, and #106 Hoban. National rankings according to MaxPreps computer rankings this morning. Each of these schools has been ranked higher than they are now listed, and all but Mentor were higher ranked at the time that St I played them. Loyola Academy listed at #364, Trotwood at #362.

So that means that Hoban wasn't even in the tougher half of games, according to MaxPreps, for St I this year. Sheesh!

Ok, done saying nice things about Iggy. Feels wrong.

Elder
LaSalle
Trotwood

Congratulations to all the teams still playing! Yes, it's hard to swallow! Beating Trotwood, going toe to toe with Elder and beating LaSalle! All these teams are playing for State Titles! It actually SUCKS!!!!! On to the ECc! This schedule mishap should NEVER happened again! Watch out for the Warriors next year!

Congratulations to all the teams still playing! Yes, it's hard to swallow! Beating Trotwood, going toe to toe with Elder and beating LaSalle! All these teams are playing for State Titles! It actually SUCKS!!!!! On to the ECc! This schedule mishap should NEVER happened again! Watch out for the Warriors next year!
Blah blah blah. Keep talking about next year Meanwhile games are still going on

Winton Woods had a great year...
Arguably one of the toughest DII schedules in the state. IMO, Not the toughest overall...or in DII
At 6-3 and three wins vs teams with losing records honestly hurt them in making the playoffs. Thanks to Edgewood and Moeller...
It would have been nice for them to have 10 games and an opportunity see where they stack up. I think they could have won DII this year...
The new league will help them schedule 10 games so they should have an opportunity next year but they lose a lot. As they get in the new conference I would keep Trotwood on the schedule its a good rivalry and they helped get WW games when they did not have a league. The other game needs to be a GMC team or Mt Healthy..
Be nce to see some back yard action vs. Mt. Healthy or Princeton...Heck I think they may be able to hang with a Fairfield or Colerain...

Arguably one of the toughest DII schedules in the state. IMO, Not the toughest overall...or in DII
At 6-3 and three wins vs teams with losing records honestly hurt them in making the playoffs. Thanks to Edgewood and Moeller...
It would have been nice for them to have 10 games and an opportunity see where they stack up. I think they could have won DII this year...
The new league will help them schedule 10 games so they should have an opportunity next year but they lose a lot. As they get in the new conference I would keep Trotwood on the schedule its a good rivalry and they helped get WW games when they did not have a league. The other game needs to be a GMC team or Mt Healthy..
Be nce to see some back yard action vs. Mt. Healthy or Princeton...Heck I think they may be able to hang with a Fairfield or Colerain...

Lol. Hang with Fairfield and Colerain?? No question about that. As I would expect to win half the times vs those schools. The teams that hurt WW the most this year were Moeller and Upper Arlington.

Lol. Hang with Fairfield and Colerain?? No question about that. As I would expect to win half the times vs those schools. The teams that hurt WW the most this year were Moeller and Upper Arlington.

Didn't you mean Edgewood? They only won 2 games, UA won 6

I hope WW doesn’t forget about Elder. I believe Elder was one of the first teams to step up and help/play WW when they became an independent. A 2 yr deal between Elder and WW every so often would be great for both programs in my mind. I’m also a big believer that being an independent helped WW Football as a whole immensely.

I looked on Arbiter WW currently only has 9 games scheduled and the only OOC game is week 1 against Trotwood. I would love to see week 2 against LaSalle to keep that rivalry alive. There is no team in The ECC who can play with them. The ECC next year will mirror the GMC in many ways.

Didn't you mean Edgewood? They only won 2 games, UA won 6

Nope we felt UA would win 7 to 8 games. Thought Moeller would win 4 to 5 games! Never counted on Edgewood! You probably will get your wish about LaSalle. Not sure who the 3rd OOC game will be. I will find out Monday.

WW vs Trotwood is a budding rivalry that benefits both programs as both are year in and year out solid playoff caliber teams. I hope it continues. Anyone who hasn't been to a RAMS vs Warriors game should put it on their to do list.
That being said, take it easy on my Walnut Hills Eagles in the ECC Warrior guys .......Ok ?

I looked on Arbiter WW currently only has 9 games scheduled and the only OOC game is week 1 against Trotwood. I would love to see week 2 against LaSalle to keep that rivalry alive. There is no team in The ECC who can play with them. The ECC next year will mirror the GMC in many ways.
WW will get LaSalle after week 10 in most years so if they go GCL scheduling Elder they will get a challenge and points ...
The Top of the ECC is nowhere close to the top of the GMC...Heck the bottom half of the GMC this year owned the ECC ... (GMC 6-1 this year)...Turpin loses a lot to graduation (who got their only W vs. #6 EAST and they will not be what they were this year next year),
Anderson will be the only ECC school that "may" keep it close with WW next year. WW in the ECC could go on a Colerain type run through their conference..
For sure WW needs to get 10th game....Princeton, and FF can be good backyard rivaries.

Elder
LaSalle
Trotwood

I back that statement %110. SW Ohio.

WW vs Trotwood is a budding rivalry that benefits both programs as both are year in and year out solid playoff caliber teams. I hope it continues. Anyone who hasn't been to a RAMS vs Warriors game should put it on their to do list.
That being said, take it easy on my Walnut Hills Eagles in the ECC Warrior guys .......Ok ?

TW vs WW is 110%, from the initial kickoff until after the final whistle, smash mouth.

WW will get LaSalle after week 10 in most years so if they go GCL scheduling Elder they will get a challenge and points ...
The Top of the ECC is nowhere close to the top of the GMC...Heck the bottom half of the GMC this year owned the ECC ... (GMC 6-1 this year)...Turpin loses a lot to graduation (who got their only W vs. #6 EAST and they will not be what they were this year next year),
Anderson will be the only ECC school that "may" keep it close with WW next year. WW in the ECC could go on a Colerain type run through their conference..
For sure WW needs to get 10th game....Princeton, and FF can be good backyard rivaries.

If you line up the ECC and GMC they are very comparable with the GMC getting a bit of a nod for bigger schools and a few more top end choice athletes. The games would be close though.

1. Colerain/WW
2. Fairfield/Anderson
3. Lakota West/Turpin
4. Hamilton/Kings
5. Mason/Little Miami
6. Lakota East/Milford
7. Princeton/Walnut Hills
8. Sycamore/West Clermont
9. Oak Hills/Lebanon
10. Middletown/Loveland

Nope we felt UA would win 7 to 8 games. Thought Moeller would win 4 to 5 games! Never counted on Edgewood! You probably will get your wish about LaSalle. Not sure who the 3rd OOC game will be. I will find out Monday.

I should have been more clear. UA winning 6 instead of 7 is not what kept them out. Edgewood and Moeller combining for 4 wins after 14 last year is the killer. You should have counted on Edgewood. Historically they are going to get you points.

I should have been more clear. UA winning 6 instead of 7 is not what kept them out. Edgewood and Moeller combining for 4 wins after 14 last year is the killer. You should have counted on Edgewood. Historically they are going to get you points.

WW will never count on Edgewood for anything! Bad blood from many years ago.

WW can be proud of that schedule but still a shame. Reminds me of Massillon 2003 fresh off back to back semis. 11-1 WGH, a very good St. Ed (D1 finalist), typical great Iggy team, 9-3 Mansfield, and 2 very good Akron teams w/ Antonia Pittman and Beanie Wells. Oh yeah Chaminade w/ Javon Ringer. Oh almost forgot Benedictine (state champ) w/ Ricky Williams. No brownie points either. In a word - stupid. Sorry I have great respect for WW. I know it is hard finding opponents too.