Wuhan Coronavirus epidemic spreads from China to US

A scientist relying on ALL the science should not be unusual

No it shouldn't be but sadly it is.

The democrats are the masters of projection. They accuse conservatives of "ignoring the science" or "politicizing the science" when in fact they're the ones that do both all the time.

Red State turning Red.

Good. Widespread immunity before peak flu.

Your fear-mongering is pathetic. The return of kids to college is driving all of this with the increased testing this generates. Death rates continue to fall, even with reporting of covid co-morbidity as a minor contributor to death being incentivized financially.

No it shouldn't be but sadly it is.

The democrats are the masters of projection. They accuse conservatives of "ignoring the science" or "politicizing the science" when in fact they're the ones that do both all the time.

The media is their partner, so Dem hypocrisy comes easily and is ignored. Second nature.

Another day at Kroger an another rant about "masks". Today I'm doing my weekly shopping and there's an OLD guy (had to be over 85) wearing his mask and tooling around in his scooter. We ended up checking out at the same time and he had THREE items in his basket. THREE!

What the hell is he doing out? Or better why would he risk exposure to the covid to buy THREE items? Does he believe that disposable mask he was wearing protects him from covid infection? Sorry but it doesn't. Maybe he listens to our Governor and all the mask fetishists in our health departments and mistakenly thinks he's protected.

All I know is we closed down society to protect these at risk people yet they act as if they're not really at an elevated risk. It's insane. So how many poor kids must see their education fall apart in the name of protecting our "grandparents" before we decide that the at risk folks need to stay home and the rest of society needs to get about it's business.

While I'm ranting did any of you watch MNF and here about the big fines the NFL is laying on coaches who don't wear their masks properly? What a crock of crap.

Do they really think it matters whether a coach has his mask up or down on the sideline? I mean they're allowed to lower the masks to talk directly to a player. That's when the freaking covid can be passed! But when they're alone on the sideline they have to keep the mask up. This is illogical and crazy. I haven't even gotten into the 22 guys on the field slamming into each other without a mask while practicing poor social distancing.

And the people that back these goofy rules have the nerve to lecture us on the SCIENCE. Do they have any idea how a contagious respiratory virus is actually spread?

I knew someone wouldn’t get that “. Mentality “ line. But know it all and self professed sharp as a tack. Cabo ? Wow . Then again ?
Yes we over count they lie blah blah but the beat goes on. This is what winning and doing better and being the best looks like

Why doesn't this hack use Italy's number from say MARCH. If you look at deaths per million the US had done as well as Europe in fighting the covid. And in he end maybe the virus is just going to do what virus do and we're all in the same boat no matter what we do.

It is only 200K and growing.

Is it 200,000 dead in those Midwest states?

And for the record the 200,000 dead number is about as accurate as a blindfolded person throwing darts. I don't believe for a moment that this number represents the actual number of people who have died BECAUSE of a covid infection.

Please go into crowded areas sans mask
I've been doing this every day since March; grocery stores, convenience stores, restaurants, bars, malls, etc. The thing is I'm not old and have no pre existing medical conditions so I take a bigger risk getting in my car every day than I do living my life without a mask.

I've been doing this every day since March; grocery stores, convenience stores, restaurants, bars, malls, etc. The thing is I'm not old and have no pre existing medical conditions so I take a bigger risk getting in my car every day than I do living my life without a mask.

Depending on your age you take a bigger risk of getting skewered by a falling branch walking under a tree on a calm day.

It looks like Sweden has herd immunity:

So, to conclude: Covid is over in Sweden. We have herd immunity. Most likely, many other parts of the world do too, including England, Italy, and parts of the US, like New York. And the countries that have successfully contained the spread of the disease, like Germany, Denmark, New Zealand, and Australia, are going to have to stay in lockdown for at least another year, and possibly several years, if they don’t want to develop herd immunity the natural way.

Another example where the Swedish model for fighting covid has worked - South Dakota.

I agree with epidemeologist Sunetra Gupta (Oxford University) that closing schools is an act of moral cowardliness.

“It’s such a disservice to this generation of students,” she says. “Teachers and students who are vulnerable should have the option to go online, but for the rest of us this virus is no bigger than other risks we take in daily life. It’s not rational, and certainly not communitarian, to avoid being infected with a pathogen that carries such a low risk to you when there’s a high benefit to the community by helping to create herd immunity.”

More collateral damage from the lock downs:

A slew of studies from around the world has reported a disturbing trend: since the coronavirus pandemic started, there has been a significant rise in the proportion of pregnancies ending in stillbirths, in which babies die in the womb. Researchers say that in some countries, pregnant women have received less care than they need because of lockdown restrictions and disruptions to health care. As a result, complications that can lead to stillbirths were probably missed, they say.

As big a win as shrinking the economy or increase the deficit to $3T
If Biden's allies in China had not released covid-19 the economy would still be booming. Our best chance to bounce back is to re-elect the President. I just can't see how anarchy, communism, and mob rule are good for jobs.

If Biden's allies in China had not released covid-19 the economy would still be booming. Our best chance to bounce back is to re-elect the President. I just can't see how anarchy, communism, and mob rule are good for jobs.
Unfortunately he had a crisis and chose not to lead. Trump rolled on Obama's GDP boom and then quit the pandemic and the economy is still in chaos.

Wait until you see the 3rd quarter GDP GROWTH numbers. They're projected to be well above 20%. The economy is hardly shrinking anymore.
Is that like the 2nd quarter jobs growth? Some of what was lost comes back but you are still down a boat load?

Is that like the 2nd quarter jobs growth? Some of what was lost comes back but you are still down a boat load?

When we foolishly shut down society we damaged the economy. The FEAR was that the damage was enough to tip us into a depression and we would see negative growth for years.

Fortunately the Trump economy was strong and had a very sound foundation. When you combine this with most of the country realizing their mistake and reopening quickly, the damage done was minimized and appears to be less then we feared. Robust economic growth in the quarter immediately following the shut down is strong evidence that we are in a V shaped recovery. Which is great news for America.