Wrestling Banquet Ideas.....

Lionattack

Since we always have our banquet the day after state . Obviously this year we cannot and large gathering are banned. I am going to do a facebook live banquet with the awards at my house talking about the kids and focusing on my seniors since if they cancel the school year it will be tough to get everyone together.

Any thoughts on how to make it interesting etc! Think Im only going to make it a 15-20 minute banquet.

Other than the standard MVW, Coaches Award, etc., it is fun for the parents and kids to see coaches get creative with their awards.
You can easily make award certificates and such on the internet using forms & the "fill & sign" feature for PDFs.
You could have a "Lion Heart" award for a kid who stuck out the whole season, but maybe didn't win a match.
Or the "Tom Petty- I won't back down award"- (Kids probably won't get this one).
Or the popular- "But coach, I made weight last night" award

Since we always have our banquet the day after state . Obviously this year we cannot and large gathering are banned. I am going to do a facebook live banquet with the awards at my house talking about the kids and focusing on my seniors since if they cancel the school year it will be tough to get everyone together.

Any thoughts on how to make it interesting etc! Think Im only going to make it a 15-20 minute banquet.
The doo rag dude. Tell me that won’t be more interesting.

Send out a fun survey using survey monkey with multiple choice and open ended questions to capture years best or funniest moment, etc. If you find a way to do live polls that is very engaging for group digital gatherings

Hoping we can still have ours eventually, but looking like may not happen. What I was thinking of doing in worst case scenerio is make a post on our social media accounts (Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook) for each wrestler, post what I would have said about them and list their awards and accomplishments. Then just hand deliever each wrestlers awards to them at their house.