Would you switch alliances?

BR1986FB

So Saquon Barkley's father is a lifelong Jets fan and the Jets play Saquon's Giants this weekend. His father has said that he will be wearing his Jets jersey.

On the flip side, Justin Layne who, along with his family, were life long Browns fans and Layne got drafted by the rival Steelers. Layne's father destroyed all of his Browns stuff and went all in on the Steelers.

My question is, if you were fortunate enough to have a kid play for an NFL team, would you switch alliances and make that your team?

Saw this happen with Chase Winovich too. His whole family from Pittsburgh are all diehard Steelers fans and have admitted to struggling with the fact that he’s a Patriot. Personally I think it’s stupid. If your kids a pro athlete you 100% want them to win every game no matter who they play.

I always told my brother when he was in HS, that if he played for the Browns I would hope for him to pass for 300 yds, 4TD and 0 INT but lose every game 31-28!

That is a tough one. Many of us have this mini dilemma when our kids play for a different school and they play our alma mater. I may have to deal with that down the road.

Anyone choosing allegiance to a pro team over their family has to take a hard look at their priorities. Pretty messed up in my opinion.
You obviously root for the family member to do well and for the team when they aren't facing your team, but ya had that fan loyalty well before, and will well after, the kid plays for that professional team. Plus, many players move from team to team, you supposed to throw out all your team loyalties each time and start over?

Just do what Brady Quinn's sister did in the Fiesta Bowl years ago and wear the half-and-half jersey and have the camera show you 100 times during the game.

So Saquon Barkley's father is a lifelong Jets fan and the Jets play Saquon's Giants this weekend. His father has said that he will be wearing his Jets jersey.

On the flip side, Justin Layne who, along with his family, were life long Browns fans and Layne got drafted by the rival Steelers. Layne's father destroyed all of his Browns stuff and went all in on the Steelers.

My question is, if you were fortunate enough to have a kid play for an NFL team, would you switch alliances and make that your team?

Of course. The great philosopher Sly Stone once correctly said (sung), "Blood's thicker than mud...it's a family affair."

Just do what Brady Quinn's sister did in the Fiesta Bowl years ago and wear the half-and-half jersey and have the camera show you 100 times during the game.

So, my choice is between a team that has been awful for 20 years and repeatedly broken their fans hearts and a team that's giving my kid millions. Hmmmmmmm.

If you switch you weren't that much of a fan in the first place. Your kid MIGHT play the team you support once a year (twice for NFL division opponent )
if that.

why couldn't you support the team when your kid doesn't play them?

If you switch you weren't that much of a fan in the first place. Your kid MIGHT play the team you support once a year (twice for NFL division opponent )
if that.

why couldn't you support the team when your kid doesn't play them?
This. You root for your kids team every game and you root for your favorite team. If your kids team plays your favorite team you hope your kids team wins and your kid plays well. Players jump around heck some of them don’t have allegiance to their team.