Worst Record to Win a State Title?

Youngstown Ursuline was 10-10 entering the playoffs in 1994 when they then won the D3 title over Lima Central Catholic who was number 1 that year

do we have accurate records of all winning teams going back to 1923 the first year of the tournament ??

OHSAA state program lists records in the year by year capsules for each year at the back of the program. I'll post if I can find the one from 3 years ago. Smh. Hate to miss another final 4. Enough already.

I believe Linden McKinley in mid 70’s had a losing record going into the tournament and won it all ?

I believe Linden McKinley in mid 70’s had a losing record going into the tournament and won it all ?
One of their titles in the 70’s they were undefeated and beat Barberton. Other title team did have a handful of losses.

One of their titles in the 70’s they were undefeated and beat Barberton. Other title team did have a handful of losses.

Check the link in the previous post...

1975: Linden-McKinley ended up with a record of 18-8
--- the limit at that time on regular season games = max 18; so entering the tournament they were 10-8

:>---

EGA

Check the link in the previous post...

1975: Linden-McKinley ended up with a record of 18-8
--- the limit at that time on regular season games = max 18; so entering the tournament they were 10-8

:>---

EGA
Ok. I was close ?

Thank you!

Looks like:
Cornerstone Christian, 17-12, 2016
Ursuline, 17-10, 1994
Jefferson Township, 17-10, 2010
Five of Jefferson's losses were by forfeit.

Ursuline was a legit 10-10 to finish the regular season and beat undefeated Lima Central Catholic in the finals. JR Raber in '92 and Larry Senvisky in '94 did LCC in.

VASJ in 1992 was 11-9 heading into sectional play. They finished by defeating Columbus St. Charles for their 2nd State Championship.