World Series: Chicago Cubs vs. Cleveland Indians

Congrats to the Cubs. This was a great series. Hopefully the Indians can get the next one.

Aaahhh. Got in from game a bit ago and saw no pearls of wisdom from Brian at first. He does not disappoint!

As a Tribe fan, I of course wanted the Indians to win, but I'm actually ok with the Cubs winning this series. Congrats to them. The way these teams are built, we may see a RE-match next year.

As a Tribe fan, I of course wanted the Indians to win, but I'm actually ok with the Cubs winning this series. Congrats to them. The way these teams are built, we may see a RE-match next year.

I love this team. These are good guys. '95 and '97 had more talent, but they weren't particularly lovable nor did they always have their heads screwed on right, moving in the right direction. These guys got the most out of their abilities. Offensively, the Cubs were are much better team. We played an entire season without our best player (Brantley) and had to compete in the post season down our #2 and #3 starters...and our starters were the strength of the team.

If you're a lifetime Clevelander...you remember certain moments. Win or lose, we'll always remember the Rajai Davis home run. It was electrifying.

Thanks to the Tribe. Thanks to Tito. Get 'em next year.

Interesting to watch...both teams clearly caught up to the other team's super relief pitcher. Not just Rajai Davis (but especially Rajai Davis)...the Indians were getting dialed in to Chapman. Seems to me that last night was probably a big moment for Chapman. Will he grow from it or did it take the stuffing out of him (it looked like the latter from what you saw on the bench)? Hard to tell. And the Cubs had no trouble with Andrew Miller.

No party at Napoli's last night, 0-5 3 Ks on an evening when pitchers were gassed and the ball was jumping out of the park.

Sloppy but entertaining game last night. I think we can look back on these games and see that sometimes you overmanage teams in sports. The Cubs got Chapman in July, they won 103 games during the season, most without Chapman. Yes Maddon turned his back on his entire bullpen in the last few games of this series. He was very, very fortunate the Cubs won last night. I hope his use of Chapman finally kills any thoughts that Chapman could be used multiple innings or as a starter. He's a closer, a one inning closer, period.
The Indians tried to squeeze the Kluber balloon too many times. He was clearly not himself, Andrew Miller as well. It's nice to think you can just run these guys out there anytime you want, but you carry 11-12 pitchers for a reason. Most were just spectators for this series.

I hope we don't have to hear narrative after narrative about Joe Maddon being a baseball savant like always, because his in-game managing sucked in this series BTW

I love this team. These are good guys. '95 and '97 had more talent, but they weren't particularly lovable nor did they always have their heads screwed on right, moving in the right direction. These guys got the most out of their abilities. Offensively, the Cubs were are much better team. We played an entire season without our best player (Brantley) and had to compete in the post season down our #2 and #3 starters...and our starters were the strength of the team.

If you're a lifetime Clevelander...you remember certain moments. Win or lose, we'll always remember the Rajai Davis home run. It was electrifying.

Thanks to the Tribe. Thanks to Tito. Get 'em next year.

Good post, agreed.

Great season. Go Tribe

Wish I could get back to that fleeting moment in the bottom of the 9th after the high of the Davis HR where I thought ", we can win this thing with one swing of the bat" ...thought for a second Kipnis had done it, but it was just a deep foul ball.

Interesting to watch...both teams clearly caught up to the other team's super relief pitcher. Not just Rajai Davis (but especially Rajai Davis)...the Indians were getting dialed in to Chapman. Seems to me that last night was probably a big moment for Chapman. Will he grow from it or did it take the stuffing out of him (it looked like the latter from what you saw on the bench)? Hard to tell. And the Cubs had no trouble with Andrew Miller.

He did come back and set the Indians down rather easily in the 9th. :shrug:

Wish I could get back to that fleeting moment in the bottom of the 9th after the high of the Davis HR where I thought ", we can win this thing with one swing of the bat" ...thought for a second Kipnis had done it, but it was just a deep foul ball.

I recall that being about 30' short as well, but it did spark that feeling when it came off the bat.

Let's Not forget the All Mighty Dollar ...... a few top Salaries from the Cubs make more than the whole Indians team combined ! !

Indians $ 98,000,000

Cubs $ 176,000,000 ( 7 Highest Salaries Make $106,000,000 )

Numbers from FS1 ... first day of coverage ....

Zobrist is $10M this year .... $16M next year

That's alot of Benjamins

Free Agent Chapman was at $ 11.3M ... Next Year ?

....... One of the Best Games I've watched ... 161 games - plus the playoff .... Watched with Family - Baseball is Great TV

Sloppy but entertaining game last night. I think we can look back on these games and see that sometimes you overmanage teams in sports. The Cubs got Chapman in July, they won 103 games during the season, most without Chapman. Yes Maddon turned his back on his entire bullpen in the last few games of this series. He was very, very fortunate the Cubs won last night. I hope his use of Chapman finally kills any thoughts that Chapman could be used multiple innings or as a starter. He's a closer, a one inning closer, period.
The Indians tried to squeeze the Kluber balloon too many times. He was clearly not himself, Andrew Miller as well. It's nice to think you can just run these guys out there anytime you want, but you carry 11-12 pitchers for a reason. Most were just spectators for this series.

There's no question Chapman can go multiple innings, just not several days in a row.

Let's Not forget the All Mighty Dollar ...... a few top Salaries from the Cubs make more than the whole Indians team combined ! !

Indians $ 98,000,000

Cubs $ 176,000,000 ( 7 Highest Salaries Make $106,000,000 )

Numbers from FS1 ... first day of coverage ....

Zobrist is $10M this year .... $16M next year

That's alot of Benjamins

Free Agent Chapman was at $ 11.3M ... Next Year ?

Well there you go. The Indians win based on ROI. That should make everyone feel better.