• Los Angeles Dodgers in 5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Los Angeles Dodgers in 6

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Los Angeles Dodgers in 7

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Yawn.

IMagine the ratings will be big with two huge pop areas but I think many people just wont care much.

Don't care much for the WS, especially with FOX covering the games. Too much Buck everywhere in sports today. These sports do not have a voice that you can relate to. NASCAR is popular because they have media you can relate to that exclusively cover that sport! I for one am tired of the Albert family, Al Michaels, Buck and ex Dallas Cowboys! I almost wish the networks would employ "homers" to cover these events and make it more interesting for the home fans!!

I’m pro Analytics in sports, but it goes too far when you’re benching your 4 top HR hitters the first two games of the WS.

I’m pro Analytics in sports, but it goes too far when you’re benching your 4 top HR hitters the first two games of the WS.

I am so-so on the analytics of the game.

I think over the long haul is when analytics are the correct play but in situations like this you have to get your best players on the field and do what you do best. There are some left handed hitters who should be able to produce for the LAD even though a lefty is on the mound.

It is sort of like football and lets say you were playing against Manning, or Brady, etc. Put 7 in the box to stop the pass, good for you. Many times early in the game they audible to runs because of the defensive looks, but when push comes to shove no matter the look the defense gives you have to go with your bread and butter of passing the ball.

I know there were times when I was coaching that I went with gut feelings during situations (such as intentionally walking a guy with a man on first to put the tying run on second).

I mentioned it during the Brewers series when they started a lefty reliever who pitched one batter. Many pundits said it "forced" the LAD to put their right handed lineup in and it burned a few of those bats eary.

Balderdash. I hate when they say a manager HAS to do something in terms of a matchup

I am so-so on the analytics of the game.

I think over the long haul is when analytics are the correct play but in situations like this you have to get your best players on the field and do what you do best. There are some left handed hitters who should be able to produce for the LAD even though a lefty is on the mound.

It is sort of like football and lets say you were playing against Manning, or Brady, etc. Put 7 in the box to stop the pass, good for you. Many times early in the game they audible to runs because of the defensive looks, but when push comes to shove no matter the look the defense gives you have to go with your bread and butter of passing the ball.

I know there were times when I was coaching that I went with gut feelings during situations (such as intentionally walking a guy with a man on first to put the tying run on second).

I mentioned it during the Brewers series when they started a lefty reliever who pitched one batter. Many pundits said it "forced" the LAD to put their right handed lineup in and it burned a few of those bats eary.

Balderdash. I hate when they say a manager HAS to do something in terms of a matchup

I think they’re useful in scouting other players. It has to be useful to know something like JD Martinez swings the bat 60% of the time on a 3-1 count. It’s not useful when it’s dogmatic, bc context and flow of the game are what matter most. The best managers can blend analytics with their own intuition.

Yawn.

IMagine the ratings will be big with two huge pop areas but I think many people just wont care much.

Ratings are actually way down. Think this could be a real eye opener for MLB. Maybe even allow people to post videos on Twitter before they do like an hour later. You know, kinda use the NBAs model of getting fans involved with how we consume sports nowadays.

I thought last night was awesome. I went to bed around midnight, woke up around 3, checked and saw the game was still going. Pretty cool having a WS game going on in the middle of the night.

Baseball needs to end in September,at least because of the weather and fan interest.

Dogged it down the first base line while blowing a bubble then spiked the firstbasemen.

It looked intentional. No way somesone’s foot points in that direction if there’re running a straight line. If it weren’t the WS, Cora should have Price plunk him.

For pulling Hill?

Yes.

Supposedly Hill said “keep an eye on me”, so he walks a guy on 3-2 count, no big deal. Comes back and strikes the next guy out on 4 pitches and looks great doing so. We’re in the 7th inning, Hill has allowed ONE hit, zero runs and thrown 90 pitches. He just struck the last guy out with ease, so that’s the time to pull him? It’s just so effing stupid. You introduce variability for no reason, exactly what Boston wants to happen.

Not to mention you just ate up your bullpen the night before. Every additional pitcher you use in a game increases the probability that you’ll hit on one that’s not got his best stuff

Missed it, what did he do?

Hit a pretty hard ball to 3B and Devers bobbled it for a second. Machado wasn't running full speed and is out by two feet as he blows a bubble. Then he spikes Pearce's achilles as he runs by. Had he reached Bellinger would've been the tying run. He's a pos

Yes.

Supposedly Hill said “keep an eye on me”, so he walks a guy on 3-2 count, no big deal. Comes back and strikes the next guy out on 4 pitches and looks great doing so. We’re in the 7th inning, Hill has allowed ONE hit, zero runs and thrown 90 pitches. He just struck the last guy out with ease, so that’s the time to pull him? It’s just so effing stupid. You introduce variability for no reason, exactly what Boston wants to happen.

Not to mention you just ate up your bullpen the night before. Every additional pitcher you use in a game increases the probability that you’ll hit on one that’s not got his best stuff

Jansen has been trash since he came back from the irregular heartbeat. But Roberts continues to go back to him in key situations

Yes.

I judged Roberts negatively..until I heard the story behind it and Hill really started to backtrack.

You don't tell a coach/manager/Dr/Trainer to "keep an eye on me" if everything is going great. When he told Roberts that, and I am no buying HIll's explanation after he got vilified, he basically was telling him...'I am almost done'.

Roberts jogged out to the mound, not something you do when you take a guy ou tand Hill gave him the ball without even asking for it.....so Hill took himself out.

In talking to other coaching buddies the last couple of days since then we all pretty much agreed there are diff thoughts/reasons going through your head when you go out there;
1. Times you KNOW you are taking him out, no matter what.
2. Time you are just going to talk strategy, slow down momentum with no intention of taking him out.
3. Unsure. YOu are going out to guage how he looks, acts, talks , demeanor and body language. Many times a pitcher takes himself out in not so many words by how he acts.

We always had a nonverbal with the catcher. If I looked at him when I got out there and he shook his head yes then that mean he was still good.

Hill took himself out NO DOUBT ABOUT THAT and his narrative changed only when he was mocked for taking himself out.

WHile I hated Roberts not having the HR hitters in the first two games even though it worked in season, this is NOT ON HIM taking HIll out

Also, Bosox were the better team

I caught parts of all the world series games and it was much closer than most will ever remember. Lost is the fact that the Dodgers were up 4-0 in game 4 and needed only 9 outs to tie the series. Boston proved itself to be the best team during the regular season, and in the postseason, so kudos to them. But they were also opportunistic during the post season, scoring most of their runs with two outs.

I'll miss baseball and will be ready for the 2019 season!

I caught parts of all the world series games and it was much closer than most will ever remember. Lost is the fact that the Dodgers were up 4-0 in game 4 and needed only 9 outs to tie the series. Boston proved itself to be the best team during the regular season, and in the postseason, so kudos to them. But they were also opportunistic during the post season, scoring most of their runs with two outs.

I'll miss baseball and will be ready for the 2019 season!
Still, it was 4 games to 1.

and the 1 took them 18 innings.

I hate to say it as I love me some baseball and coached it for a number of years but unless its my team in it.....the postseason and WS just don't do it for me like the NFL and NHL playoffs. I can watch those random games/teams but come baseball this time of year and I am burned out.

and they take way tooooo long.