World Cup Qualifying

FIFA hands the Mexicans another 2 match fan ban because of their behavior>

Not only is it tough to get a home pitch advantage with no fans but the Federation loses some pesos because of the ban. But of course when the US comes to town fans will be allowed back to Stadium Azteca and the place will be packed.

Not only is it tough to get a home pitch advantage with no fans but the Federation loses some pesos because of the ban. But of course when the US comes to town fans will be allowed back to Stadium Azteca and the place will be packed.

And I guarantee, the anti-gay chants will come right back for the US game.

Some good news: Pulisic traveled to Sweden for Chelsea's Champions League match against Malmo. Should see him on the roster for the Mexico game next week

Last edited:
Couple more days till Mexico. Pretty much the last qualifier between the two that's going to have much meaning with the US hosting in 2026 and the WC expansion beyond

Expecting the starting XI to look like:

F: Pepi
W: Aaronson, Arriola
CM: Adams, McKennie, Musah
D: Antonee Robinson, Richards, Miles Robinson, Yedlin
GK: Steffen

Last edited:
Couple more days till Mexico. Pretty much the last qualifier between the two that's going to have much meaning with the US hosting in 2026 and the WC expansion beyond

Expecting the starting XI to look like:

W: Aaronson, Arriola
CM: Adams, McKennie
D: Antonee Robinson, Richards, Miles Robinson, Yedlin
GK: Steffen

Pulisic as the #10, no?

Lol yeah Musah hopefully. Or Busio. Though I’m a bit worried Berhalter will use Lletget

Last edited:
Surely thought the match was headed towards a draw but the late introduction of Pulisic made all the difference.

The top 4 and bottom 4 in the Octagonal are really starting to separate themselves as we hit the halfway point of fixtures.

The US is on to Jamaica, hopefully the side stays focused. Mexico is on to Edmonton. Should be a balmy 25 degrees with chance of snow.

McKennie and Miles Robinson were sent home since they're not available for tomorrow. 21 year-old CB James Sands of NYC FC has was added.

I hope Gregg doesn't repeat Panama tomorrow. I'd like to see them come out with the best available squad:

W: Pulisic, Aaronson
MF: Adams, Musah, Busio
D: Robinson, Richards, Zimmerman, Scally
G: Steffen

I don't think he'll be starting Pulisic. I think he's still going to be a sub (if needed). If they get an early goal and look like they can cruise without him, I think Pulisic sits.

I also wonder if Steffen goes for a second game or if they go back to Turner for this one. Steffen was ok, but he looked rusty on Friday.

I think Pulisic sits too and they wait and see how the game flows.

Kind of worried that they come out flat footed after the big win against Mexico, seems to be what such a young team is set up to do. Also they need at least 1 point as I believe Mexico loses to Canada and Panama wins easily at home, if that is the case the table will look really crazy heading into the new year.

While they should be able to get the full 3 points against a sub-par Jamaica team, you always hope for at least 1 point from the away games in qualifying. Winning on the road in CONCACAF is never easy.

Only having two games this window should allow them to play a full strength squad tomorrow. I’d prefer to start Pulisic but Weah has been good. And there’s the chance Gregg goes with Arriola

Jamaica playing very aggressively. There has to be opportunities for the US to score in the second half if this keeps up.

The field looks like it’s falling apart. Chunks flying and divots all over the place. Has to make it difficult to get a rhythm going

That was not a good effort at all. Should have lost, that call on the second Jamaican goal was bad

They must figure out these away games because they have Canada in January (thankfully in Vancouver) and both Mexico and Costa Rica in the final window.

Cyle Larin scores off the rebound from a long distance shot right before the halftime whistle.

Canada goes into the half up 1-0.

Cyle Larin scores again, this time off from a set piece, as Canada goes up 2-0 early in the 2nd half.

One of the Canada players launched themselves into a pile of snow during the celebration. Amazing.

Canada holds on to beat Mexico 2-1 despite an emphatic push for an equalizer in stoppage time by El Tri. Canada lead the Octagonal with 16 points now, but have 4 of their remaining 6 matches on the road.

USA are in 2nd with 15 points and will finish qualifying with 3 winnable home matches (El Salvador, Honduras, Panama) along with 3 difficult away matches (Canada, Mexico, Costa Rica).

Mexico are next with 14 points but have the most favorable remaining fixtures with 4 home matches.

Panama are on 14 points too with a lesser GD, and like the USA, have 3 winnable home matches remaining to go along with 3 tough away fixtures.