Word Question: Nouns Named after Verbs

Sorry, I wasn't intending to be even remotely critical. Re-reading my post I can see how it would give that impression. I meant to imply this wasn't something I would be good at and I'd be moving to the next thead. Apologies.

I missed this when I replied with NAP. Thank you. I appreciate that.

KISS would be another just like F—K. Would a kiss be called an intangible noun? Makes sense, but maybe someone smarter than me knows for sure.

Is it common to say “Tire the car?” I’ve never heard it said, but I’m not in that business. Can you use NET in a sentence in your sports example? I’ve also never heard that used as a verb related to a sports net.
I was thinking of fishing sports. "Can you net those fish?" To do so, you use a net.

Tire may be a stretch. "I tire of going round and round with you on this topic."

Another that jumped out at me yesterday while driving was SHIELD.

I was thinking of fishing sports. "Can you net those fish?" To do so, you use a net.

Tire may be a stretch. "I tire of going round and round with you on this topic."

Another that jumped out at me yesterday while driving was SHIELD.

Definitely NET, based on your example...but not TIRE. TIRE as a noun doesn’t relate to TIRE as becoming exhausted. SHIELD is a good one.

Not sure if this fits. Watching Aussie rules football the announcer, when a player scored, "He goaled".

Not sure if this fits. Watching Aussie rules football the announcer, when a player scored, "He goaled".

Definitely if that’s what they say in Australia. I was thinking US, but adding other countries into this provides more examples.

EMAIL/EMAILED and MAIL/MAILED are two more examples.

In hindsight, my title is wrong. The noun creates the verb.

Lol...what about TITLE? To give something a title. I guess that’s verbification...creating a verb from the use of the noun.

Hey, kid, nice CATCH!

STAMP

BURROW

LABEL

BOTTLE

To CAN tomatoes.

That girl is a huge TEASE.

PEN those pigs.

To PEN a letter...might be a stretch. You can pen a letter with a pencil so that might not count.

I think it has worked both ways. Without looking into the history of a word I could not state which came first, the verb or the noun of a word. Some words most assuredly were verbs first like my wash example. Others, have to believe they were nouns which became verbs like table.

You were asking for what is likely the smaller category, verbs that became nouns.