Woodstock Will Return This Summer, For Its 50th Anniversary

Bunbury announces their line up>
llec996dmud21.jpg

Has anyone had a quicker rise in music at this time than Great Van Fleet? Basically a rip off of Led Zep. Maybe the current music scene is just that thirsty for rock music?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86_vnQc1oBE

If Greta Van Fleet didn't try so hard to be Zeppelin I'd probably enjoy them more. But I can't get past that.

And up in CLE here is what the all girls prep school Laurel will be offering for their festival>

xlaurelive-2019-poster-2-1.jpg.pagespeed.ic.rrJ1hGNDsp.jpg

That 2nd day is actually pretty strong as Trombone Shorty is great at festivals and Lake Street Dive is very cool. Also a friend turned me on to Rodrigo y Gabriela's cover of Pink Floyd's Echoes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8iO1kmY8A8

Mountain Jam releases their schedule>
Mountain-Jam-2019-Festival-Flyer-600x600.jpg

Of note is that this festival is being held at the original Woodstock site, Bethel Woods. I would not be surprised if many of these folks show up for the Woodstock show that will take place at this site in August.

Still waiting on the official announcement for Woodstock but a lot of the line up is leaking out. Here are the names mentioned so far:

Jay Z, Dead & Co., Chance the Rapper Black Keys, Raconteurs, Imagine Dragons, Miley Cyrus, Janelle Monáe, Kacey Musgraves, Halsey, Run the Jewels, Gary Clark Jr., Cage the Elephant, the Killers, Greta Van Fleet, Margo Price, Sturgill Simpson, Courtney Barnett, Portugal. The Man, Dawes, the Lumineers, and Kitty Riot.

The 2019 Bourbon & Beyond line up is out>

beyond-bourbon-2019-lineup-1200x1855.jpg

This thing is turning into the premier festival for the younger baby boomers and older Gen Xers. Centrally located in a mid sized town with plenty of hotels as opposed to a rural setting where camping as the primary accommodations.

Saw a concert poster from the original and it showed it cost $18 for the 3 days back in the day!

Didn't check to see if all the popular acts we remember were big timers back then but it is always neat to see the cost of things many moons ago.

Saw a concert poster from the original and it showed it cost $18 for the 3 days back in the day!

Didn't check to see if all the popular acts we remember were big timers back then but it is always neat to see the cost of things many moons ago.

A couple acts broke out at Woodstock, namely Santana and Joe Cocker. The big headlining names were Jefferson Airplane, The Who, The Band, Janis Joplin, and a new "Super Group" Crosby, Stills, Nash, & Young. The headliner was Jimi Hendrix who got to play last but because of the weather and other delays he went on Monday at 9:00 AM before a fraction of the audience that stuck around for what was one of the best sets in the history of live rock music.

Hendrix.jpg

A couple acts broke out at Woodstock, namely Santana and Joe Cocker. The big headlining names were Jefferson Airplane, The Who, The Band, Janis Joplin, and a new "Super Group" Crosby, Stills, Nash, & Young. The headliner was Jimi Hendrix who got to play last but because of the weather and other delays he went on Monday at 9:00 AM before a fraction of the audience that stuck around for what was one of the best sets in the history of live rock music.

Hendrix.jpg

Good info.

I saw that CCR had a 2pm start time on Saturday and wondered if they were big why they were at 2...

Woodstock line up is finally announced>
Woodstock-50-Poster-1553037094-640x852.jpg

Eh. A nice 2019 festival line up but nothing ground breaking unless some of these acts cross pollinate.

The 2019 Bourbon & Beyond line up is out>

beyond-bourbon-2019-lineup-1200x1855.jpg

This thing is turning into the premier festival for the younger baby boomers and older Gen Xers. Centrally located in a mid sized town with plenty of hotels as opposed to a rural setting where camping as the primary accommodations.

This is a strong line-up for the most part. I am a sucker for Joanie and the Blackhearts, Little Steven and Alison Krauss.

Some of the musicians at the 2019 Woodstock Festival, also performed on Max Yasgur's farm in 1969.

Day 1 (2019) - Santana, John Fogerty, John Sebastian, Melanie

Day 2 (2019) - David Crosby, Country Joe McDonald

Day 3 (2019) - Canned Heat, Riot (kidding!)

Pretty amazing. Still performing fifty years later! I wonder if Country Joe will do the F-I-S-H chant?

"I'm goin up the country...where the water tastes like wine."

Hendrix.jpg

The Jimi Hendrix: Woodstock album was the feature album for my 1st issue of BMG's catalog back in '94 since I indicated that hard rock was my preferred genre when I joined. I later ordered the album during one of BMG's sales. Good stuff. Love his greatest hits album (The Ultimate Experience) even more.

Mick Jagger has some sort of medical situation and the Rolling Stones postpone their 2019 tour. Everything should be OK and they plan on making up the dates later this summer but it really screwed up Jazz Fest in New Orleans.

Woodstock 50 isn’t happening, but there are still plenty of ways to celebrate the iconic festival’s gold anniversary. Those looking to truly relive that long weekend back in 1969 as accurately as possible may want to tune into Philadelphia’s WXPN 88.5 FM public radio at around, oh, 5:07 p.m. EST on Thursday, August 15th. Thats when the station will begin airing completely uncut audio of the original Woodstock from start to finish at the exact time it actually occurred.

https://consequenceofsound.net/2019/08/full-woodstock-festival-recording-wxpn/

Thursday, August 15:
5:07 p.m. — Richie Havens
7:10 p.m. — Swami Satchidanadna
7:30 p.m. — Sweetwater
8:30 p.m. — Bert Sommer
9:20 p.m. — Tim Hardin
10:20 p.m. — Ravi Shankar
11:20 p.m. — Melanie
11:55 p.m. — Arlo Guthrie

Friday, August 16:
12:55 a.m. — Joan Baez